It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Auspicious Buddhist flower' blooms in China after 3000 yrs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by opnmind
Great story, s&f. Amazing if it's true. Should've been on the news...

That would require there to be an actrual story. . . .

It's like the ceolacanth, yeah it's rare yeah it's old, but it is just another fish.

Because there is no proof that those are even flowers then any news outlet would be wasting time and money covering it.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
*cue Benjamin Creme and his followers

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Wait...last time it bloomed was 3,000 years?? Where did they get that photo??
I am not a botonist, just an avid gardener. Nothing has a life cyle that long. Either it's been blooming all along and they just over looked it (not hard considering it's size) or it eggs.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
Well it is written! There will be signs an wonders around the end times an I guess this is one of many so far, its exciting enjoy the ride what else is there to do? PS remain neutral and only observe the sadness of the Dark side! Peace...

how can you honestly believe that christian rubbish? read my signature if that is now enough go to www.evilbible.com it will point out how christianity is really #ed up

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

if something big is going to happen you may as well leave signs rather than counting on humanity to keep a decent record through the years.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Strange that people observant enough to notice this tiny plant would fail to notice when it hatched and produced insects. Seems a tad inconsistent

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
every 3000 yrs?

so how many bloomin' times does it take to figure that time out?

1, 2, 4, 10?

somthin ain't right?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Plants bloom when the conditions are right.

They don't care what time it is.

Whatever next?

Oh yeah, all that other superstitious nonsense.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Cosmic4life]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
got me there!

but who has been watching?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Thats what i have been trying to say this whole time!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
WOW, amazing and its only mm's, im surprised she saw it and didnt walk over it like they would here in the west hehe.this is trully a sign from nature, its telling us not to lose our faith in the bright good side.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I always find it interesting to see what Helena P. Blavatsky and her Theosophy has to say about these things.

Anyone not familiar with the origin of Theosophy and their mission, as well as who influenced the tradition(and who was influenced by it... like Hitler and his high-tech SS) would do themselves a favor and study Theosophy.

More of the 'new age' and 'fringe' comes directly from HPB and her sources than you would imagine...

He attained the state of Bodhisattva on earth when in the personality called Prabhâpala. Tu#a stands for a place on this globe, not for a paradise in the invisible regions. The selection of the Sâkya family and his mother Mâyâ, as “the purest on earth,” is in accordance with the model of the nativity of every Saviour, God or deified Reformer. The tale about his entering his mother’s bosom in the shape of a white elephant is an allusion to his innate wisdom, the elephant of that colour being a symbol of every Bodhisattva. The statements that at Gautama’s birth, the newly born babe walked seven steps in four directions, that an Udumbara flower bloomed in all its rare beauty and that the Nâga kings forthwith proceeded ‘‘to baptise him ”, are all so many allegories in the phraseology of the Initiates and well-understood by every Eastern Occultist.

By no means do I think she is precisely correct on EVERY account... but a similar story emerges from her as well.

Udumbara (Sk.). A lotus of gigantic size, sacred to Buddha: the Nila Udumbara or “blue lotus”, regarded as a supernatural omen when ever it blossoms, for it flowers but once every three thousand years. One such, it is said, burst forth before the birth of Gautama, another, near a lake at the foot of the Himalayas, in the fourteenth century, just before the birth of Tsong-kha-pa, etc., etc. The same is said of the Udumbara tree (ficus glomerata) because it flowers at intervals of long centuries, as does also a kind of cactus, which blossoms only at extra ordinary altitudes and opens at midnight.

Arhans and Sages of the boundless Vision(4) are rare as is the blossom of the Udumbara tree. Arhans are born at midnight hour, together with the sacred plant of nine and seven stalks(5), the holy flower that opes and blooms in darkness, out of the pure dew and on the frozen bed of snow-capped heights, heights that are trodden by no sinful foot.

Not sure about the difference between the tree and the 'spores'(seeds?)... or if they are from the tree?

Interesting thread.

S&F

Maitreya Buddha (Sk.). The same as the Kalki Avatar of Vishnu (the “White Horse” Avatar),
and of Sosiosh and other Messiahs. The only difference lies in the dates of their appearances. Thus,
while Vishnu is expected to appear on his white horse at the end of the present Kali Yuga age “for the final destruction of the wicked, the renovation of creation and the restoration of purity”, Maitreya is expected earlier. Exoteric or popular teaching making slight variations on the esoteric doctrine states
that Sakyamuni (Gautama Buddha) visited him in Tu#a (a celestial abode) and commissioned him to issue thence on earth as his successor at the expiration of five thousand years after his (Buddha’s) death. This would be in less than 3,000 years hence. Esoteric philosophy teaches that the next Buddha will appear during the seventh (sub) race of this Round. The fact is that Maitreya was a follower of Buddha,
a well-known Arhat, though not his direct disciple, and that he was the founder of an esoteric philosophical school. As shown by Eitel (Sanskrit-Chinese Dict.), “statues were erected in his honour as early as B.C. 350”.

Kalki Avatar (Sk.). The “White Horse Avatar”, which will be the last manvantaric incarnation of Vishnu, according to the Brahmins; of Maitreya Buddha, agreeably to Northern Buddhists; of Sosiosh, the last hero and Saviour of the Zoroastrians, as claimed by Parsis ; and of the “Faithful and True” on the white Horse (Rev. xix.,2 ). In his future epiphany or tenth avatar, the heavens will open and Vishnu will appear “seated on a milk-white steed, with a drawn sword blazing like a comet, for the final destruction of the wicked, the renovation of ‘creation’ and the ‘restoration of purity’”. (Compare Revelation.) This will take place at the end of the Kaliyuga 427,000 years hence. The latter end of every Yuga is called “the destruction of the world”, as then the earth changes each time its outward form, submerging one set of continents and upheaving another set.

theosophy.org...

[edit on 8-7-2010 by beebs]

[edit on 8-7-2010 by beebs]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
To all the people whining about "how do they know?", "It's superstition", "That's not a flower!":

Let me give you a hint: Metaphores! Alegories! Art!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alethea

Yep. Looks like spores and I have seen the same thing in Florida. I have seen them growing out of the wood on side of my birdhouse and also in a sponge with a tillisandia.

According to wiki these are the sticky seeds of the strangler fig and they latch on to things as parasites.

The ones I have seen stayed for a long time and never grew into anything.
didn't Jesus çurse a fig tree to never bear fruit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join