It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top home-school texts dismiss Darwin, evolution

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

YES just think about it. Science has created all the nastiest of modern health problems. Starting I guess with the development of the spear point right straight through to the hydrogen bomb and all the WMD. It has also propagated things like DDT, arsenic , alcohol, nitrates, dioxins, mercury, manufactured estrogen ( now that is science at it's best) irradiated food, hormone laced meats, antibiotics, PCB's and what- not

While there are many things I would like to address on this list, I feel this is the most important. How are antibiotics bad? Before antibiotics something as minor as an inner ear infection would require surgery, and many diseases we see as nothing today were deadly before antibiotics. They are probably the greatest thing to happen to health care and have drastically increased the lifespan of humans.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
While there are many things I would like to address on this list, I feel this is the most important. How are antibiotics bad? Before antibiotics something as minor as an inner ear infection would require surgery, and many diseases we see as nothing today were deadly before antibiotics. They are probably the greatest thing to happen to health care and have drastically increased the lifespan of humans.

Shush don't go using logical arguments and medical history! Antibiotics are bad, they cause more problems than they solve! Man i'd have died at age 9 when i got that severe chest infection if it weren't for antibiotics and that's how nature wanted it. Damn science for saving me, damn it to hell!

I've only used antibiotics once but you know amoxicillin made me throw up for the first few doses. I mean yeah it cured my infectiona nd i'm alive but no, it's obviously evil.

I really hope Donny 4 million has never used any modern medicine, otherwise he's speaking from lips that would not exist if it were not for modern medicine.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
They should teach about the Anunnaki and that they bio-engineered humans on Earth. Not that this goes against Evolution but they bypassed evolution by millions of years when they created an Earth human.
One more time, I am not against Evolution but I do support the "Anunnaki coming from the sky and bio-engineering humans" theory.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

No. No, they shouldn't. That would be the most retarded thing to teach kids, as it's not true, and is believed only by a few internet "enthusiasts".

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NichirasuKenshin

This is what you get when all you do is sit in evolution 101 and hold your fingers to your ears when some suggests taking a little history.

USSR 'secret' Vietnam soldiers speak out - RT Top Stories
Feb 16, 2008 ... Russian veterans have gathered to mark the anniversary of America's withdrawal from the Vietnam War. More than 3000 Soviet soldiers fought ...

rt.com/Top_News/2008-02-16/USSR_secret_Vietnam_soldie... - Similar People's Liberation Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1965 to 1970: Vietnam War (over 320000 Chinese soldiers served in North Vietnam) . 1969 to 1978: Sino-Soviet border conflict. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Liberation_Army - Similar

Apology to get your credibility back??

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Please stick to the topic. The communists have nothing to do with evolution.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Because they alter natural human evolution.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

So does living longer, fertility treatment, safer food, safer water, and pretty much everything else on the planet.

You're not very good at this, are you?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
Because they alter natural human evolution.

Without a doubt the most stupid and ignorant thing i have seen lately. You rthinking is no doubt along the lines of "immune systems would be stronger without antibiotics".

You are partly right but insanely wrong at the same time
For example i would have died at 9 years old from a chest infection if i had not received antibiotics. Or at the very least my lungs would have been horribly damaged and my life shortened. However since that time i have not had one cold. Oh i suffer from CFS (a genetic illness) but i never catch things. My immune system is insanely strong, my entire family gets flu and i never catch a thing. I'm rather proud of that actually lol.

You see somewhere out there is a virus or bacterium that can circumvent your bodies defenses. No one is immune to everything because, well because of evolution, that thing you speak out against which helps us predict disease patterns.

If we take your idea that antibiotics are against natural human evolution then we must extend that to every single scientific advance and all go back to living in mud huts and using stone spears. Actually your entire sum of posts is a little strange.

You rally against antibiotics because it is against natural human evolution but then you argue against evolution. You talk of space travel and how evolution doesn't propel it and yet you then speak out against advanced medicine. Either you use science or you don't, you can't pick bits and pieces. Well you can but it's insanely inconsistent.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

This is what you get when all you do is sit in evolution 101 and hold your fingers to your ears when some suggests taking a little history.

Feb 16, 2008 ... Russian veterans have gathered to mark the anniversary of America's withdrawal from the Vietnam War. More than 3000 Soviet soldiers fought ...

I've never taken evolution "101". I didn't study biology and the three digit designation is only used in the anglosaxon world.

I have a major in history though.

So there were 3'000 soviet commandos in Vietnam? In a country of 331,690 km2??? So how many of those soviets did you ever see? how many did you shoot? 3'000 is nothing in a war involving millions. They were not regular combat troops - a qualification I made in my post.

rt.com/Top_News/2008-02-16/USSR_secret_Vietnam_soldie... - Similar People's Liberation Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please learn how to link. And rt. is not a scientific historic journal. It's just a shoddy news service with it's own agenda. Russian commandos had no overall significance in the war.

1965 to 1970: Vietnam War (over 320000 Chinese soldiers served in North Vietnam) . 1969 to 1978: Sino-Soviet border conflict. ...

NORTH vietnam? Seriously? Did you fight in north vietnam buddy? As I said earlier you must have been led astray into your own private war. There was no standing US presence in NORTH vietnam at any time during the war.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Liberation_Army - Similar

PLEASE learn how to link. It's really easy.

Apology to get your credibility back??

Why would I? You're the one spreading poppycock, not me.

By the way why are you making these off-topic rants? Have you already run out of talking points on the topic of evolution?

It's not fair to derail a thread. Please stay on topic and don't provoke me to call out your off-topic lies.

You did not fight Russians nor Chinese soldiers in Vietnam.

I never said there weren't any chinese or russians in vietnam, just no regular combat troops. And the chinese and russians that were there had better things to do than to breath down your neck.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Not so. Just because you can't understand it that don't make it so.
Who else would waste their time trying to force a bunch of bunk down some school kids throats wether they want it or not.
That's why the folks are opting for home education. Not because they have a problem with science.
I would get my kid as far a way from someone with your thoughts as I could.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

So does living longer, fertility treatment, safer food, safer water, and pretty much everything else on the planet.

You're not very good at this, are you?

Good at what? No I don't take harmonies they cause cervical cancer. Do you take this stuff?
Testosterone? Any change?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Good at having a discussion.

You said antibiotics are a bad thing, due to them "changing human evolution". I showed how lots of other things, things that are either necessary for life, or which have helped far more people than they have hurt (and which are all optional), also change human evolution.

I simply showed your argument to be specious at best.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Good at what? No I don't take harmonies they cause cervical cancer. Do you take this stuff?
Testosterone? Any change?

You don't take harmonies? Have you been drinking? Testosterone supplements have no place in a healthy individuals body. Estrogen is used to prevent pregnancy (and for hormonal insufficiency). Still you know what, i'm against hormonal birth control, not because of the harms it may possibly cause but because it does not prevent disease.

Condoms ftw! Oh you made a joke about condoms earlier, you do realise that condoms are created using scientific principles right?

Ahh nevermind

[edit on 8-3-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

If humans followed their "natural" evolution we would have died out years ago. Physically speaking we are an inferior species. The thing that has allowed us to not only survive, but thrive in this world is the fact that we can affect our environment thanks to the complexity of our cerebral cortex. We are a species that depends on our own ingenuity to adapt. And last time I checked evolution was caused by an animals ability to adapt to its environment.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You have yet to provide any proof that evolution is "bunk." You just keep stating that it is. Let me ask. Would it be right for me to take my child out of school because I believed written words to be the work of the Devil and as a result never teach my children how to read?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

"I've never taken evolution "101". I didn't study biology and the three digit designation is only used in the anglosaxon world."

SO what is the designation in your world? Why are you so interested in the children here in my country.
Tell me where you live and tell me about the educational system there? Please do.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Actually donny answer these questions please, although i have a feeling you won't answer honestly but it's worth a try.

Have you ever used:-

Antiseptics

Antibiotics

Vaccines (as you say you fought in a war i know for a fact you have had these). This includes tetanus jabs.

Fungicide (like the kind to prevent trench foot/foot rot)

Malaria medication

Nausea medication

Pain medication

Anti-diarrhea medication

Laxatives

These are all common medications used by soldiers. If you have ever used any of these things then you should really shut up about antibiotics being against evolution and science being bad.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

You have yet to provide any proof that evolution is "bunk." You just keep stating that it is. Let me ask. Would it be right for me to take my child out of school because I believed written words to be the work of the Devil and as a result never teach my children how to read?

Hell yes get those fragile ones right home under your wing. Learn how to read yourself and then you can teach them anything you want.
Just like all the other home schoolers.
I will take you on any day when it comes to evolution. Do you want me to bring my work to the thread? Will you stand toe to toe?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's not your country. It's the United States of America. And as I said, I am an american citizen.

Although I don't get the question because ATS allows anyone to post on any topic even if you dislike it.

What do you mean by designation? I already told you that I have a major in history... What else do you wanna know? what my minor is in ? what kind of secondary school I visited? I already told you that I haven't been to an american school in over ten years... But I was once..

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join