It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To Phobos 1 And What Did The Russians Find?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
How did acient civilizations know about all the planets before we did they have all been confirmed of knowing that pluto exists but pluto wasnt aknowledged until 1930!

they have also identified uranus and neptune with accuracy uranus being green and tilted on it's side and neptune being blue also they claim that space is abundant with water recent disoceries have confirmed this..why is it that modern man had to catch up with the knowledge of ancient man?

if we are so far ahead of them how come we are just now confirming what they already knew? just myths? well atstronomers of today have even admitted that there is some gravitational pull outside of our known solar system pulling on neptune and uranus and not all scholars believe the same theories!

if we are behind ancient astronomy and have to catch up then there is a 12th planet or in this case a first planet and earth is the 7th counting outside in! its eliptical orbit would surely make it hard to discover if it exists and if it does how long until 3,600 earth yrs till it apporaches our inner solar system is it soon and if so wouldnt that grant scientists the best ability to find it?

another thing when is the supposed last visit from the annunkai that might would tell us when to expect the planet!

i'm not confirming there is one i'm just stating facts and going off them if there is a planet pulling on neptune and uranus from outside and if the sumerians were so accurate before modern man then nibiru has to exist and with its orbit the way it is predicted it will prove as it already has tough as nails to find until like i have prophesized that it comes back in!

so with all this being said what happened to phobos 1 and what did phobos 2 see why did the russians say it was ufos and why has this been swept under the rug? i think to discover truth people need not turn to our current science and experts as none can agree on what the color of # is...to understand our future maybe we need to look to the past...as the russians had admitted something unexplained happened in a time government wasnt so worried about hiding things from population as no one would certainly believe it anyway!

so i bring the case back into light!

[edit on 6-3-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Very interesting but I would like to know where you got that the sumerians knew all you said they did but never the less ausome post dude
and keep up the good work!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

when we look at maya,olmec,inca and all other mesoamerican astronomy we see that it is strikingly almost or identicle to sumerian astronomy suggesting that it was either installed to them from outside visitors like the bearded and olmec people was to the already occupying indians or that the indians had brought it with them upon reaching the america's through whatever means that they travled there!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
alright thanks for the info dude by the way how do I put you on my friends list?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
o never mind lol i see now

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

when we look at maya,olmec,inca and all other mesoamerican astronomy we see that it is strikingly almost or identicle to sumerian astronomy suggesting that it was either installed to them from outside visitors like the bearded and olmec people was to the already occupying indians or that the indians had brought it with them upon reaching the america's through whatever means that they travled there!

That doesn't mean we should take their word for every single thing they said about the stars. We know more than they do about the stars, that is fact.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

i'm not saying hang on every single word as though they are the teachers i'm saying that so far they have been right...we havent obviously found a nibiru or a 10th planet but we know because our expert astronomers over the years have suggested that neptune and uranus are besing disrupted by an outside gravitational pull this being said with the ancients knowing about pluto we didnt till 1930 how long will it take to find a 10th planet till exists we cannot certainly rule it out! maybe we just dont know how to find it!

with the eliptical orbit year of it supposedly being 3,600 earth yrs it could be like finding a needle in a hay stack or a earth in another solar system...thats why i've asked when is it due according to history to arrive which would be our future has anyone even considerded finding it this way? because i think if its true it would prove helpful on where to look and how!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Or maybe. Just maybe.

They had all been looking at the same sky, though from different locations, for hundreds or thousands of years and they both noticed the same things going on in it.

Besides telling them the best time of year to do their planting and stuff, there was no TV so the only entertainment they all had was looking at the stars and planets. They noticed the patterns they followed and gave them goofy names (Betelguese).

It's not hi tech. It's called observational skills. Those people all had very good observational skills. Something we have seem to have lost.

I blame it on youtube.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

i'm not saying hang on every single word as though they are the teachers i'm saying that so far they have been right...we havent obviously found a nibiru or a 10th planet but we know because our expert astronomers over the years have suggested that neptune and uranus are besing disrupted by an outside gravitational pull this being said with the ancients knowing about pluto we didnt till 1930 how long will it take to find a 10th planet till exists we cannot certainly rule it out! maybe we just dont know how to find it!

with the eliptical orbit year of it supposedly being 3,600 earth yrs it could be like finding a needle in a hay stack or a earth in another solar system...thats why i've asked when is it due according to history to arrive which would be our future has anyone even considerded finding it this way? because i think if its true it would prove helpful on where to look and how!

That gravitational anomaly was fixed back in 1993 by Myles Standish after the 1989 flyby of neptune, which turned back the mass by 0.5%, which fixed the anomaly.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have a question about nibru if it is suppose to show up in 2012 then wouldn't we be able to see it already? i'm not well informed on the topic and would want to know more thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
I have a question about nibru if it is suppose to show up in 2012 then wouldn't we be able to see it already? i'm not well informed on the topic and would want to know more thanks

Yes, we would.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Not that science is infallible, but the gravitational perturbations in Uranus/Neptune that made scientists search for a 10th planet have been examined and found to be the result of a miscalculation of Neptune's mass.

Quoting wikipedia -

Following the discovery of the planet Neptune in 1846, there was considerable speculation that another planet might exist beyond its orbit. The search began in the mid-19th century but culminated at the start of the 20th with Percival Lowell's quest for Planet X. Lowell proposed the Planet X hypothesis to explain apparent discrepancies in the orbits of the gas giants, particularly Uranus and Neptune,[1] speculating that the gravity of a large unseen ninth planet could have perturbed Uranus enough to account for the irregularities.[2]

Clyde Tombaugh's discovery of Pluto in 1930 appeared to validate Lowell's hypothesis, and Pluto was officially considered the ninth planet until 2006. In 1978, however, Pluto was found to be too small for its gravity to affect the gas giants, resulting in a brief search for a tenth planet. The search was largely abandoned in the early 1990s, when a study of measurements made by the Voyager 2 spacecraft found that the irregularities observed in Uranus's orbit were due to a slight overestimation of Neptune's mass.[3] After 1992, the discovery of numerous small icy objects with similar or even wider orbits than Pluto led to a debate over whether Pluto should remain a planet, or whether it and its neighbours should, like the asteroids, be given their own separate classification. Although a number of the larger members of this group were initially described as planets, in 2006 the International Astronomical Union reclassified Pluto and its largest neighbours as dwarf planets, leaving only eight planets in the Solar System.
Source

But I definitely agree, the ancients possessed an impossible body of astronomical knowledge. To say that we clearly know more today is simply arrogant and possibly not true. Just the fact that we have no idea what is going to happen on 2012 should be an indication that the Mayans knew more than us.

My favorite though, is the Dogon tribe of Africa. A European scholar around 1900 studied the tribe for several years. Towards the end of his stay he had eventually garnered the trust of the tribal elders. They told him that they worship the Sirius star system, and that this star had a binary companion much smaller than it. They even knew that it took 50 years for the smaller companion star to orbit the larger star.

This companion star, called Sirius B, wasn't even discovered until 1970.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/3/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

i agree to a certain extent that we would be able to find it! but like something in front of your face if you dont know where to look you wont find it...the best spots are in plain site...obviously if it exists we do not know which way the eliptcal orbit is..but we know that there are abunch of things orbiting the sun other then the traditional orbits of our known planets and belts!

like i said i'm just talking hypothetically based until we find it or prove we have extensively searched and there could be no possible existence then we cannot rule it out...like my point has been how long was pluto known until 1930 when it was confirmed...wouldnt that make nibiru a longer wait of discovery? also how do we know 2012 is arrival date?

but folks besides this nibiru what about the videos any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

its common knowledge to scholars that they observed the sky the advanced civilizations for there time with the right alignments and locations for there temples and buildings and cities...that is how some of them have been dated by calculating the exact position of the alignment with the sun at rise and set with certain buildings the knowledge of how much the earths tilt on its axis moves or so many years you can determine almost with complete accuracy the age of the city and peoples!

but what is obvious not with all scholars ofcourse is that they didnt just go through great lengths to build there temples and observatorys just to know soltices and equinoxes...it was more technical then that!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Or maybe. Just maybe.

They had all been looking at the same sky, though from different locations, for hundreds or thousands of years and they both noticed the same things going on in it.

Besides telling them the best time of year to do their planting and stuff, there was no TV so the only entertainment they all had was looking at the stars and planets. They noticed the patterns they followed and gave them goofy names (Betelguese).

It's not hi tech. It's called observational skills. Those people all had very good observational skills. Something we have seem to have lost.

I blame it on youtube.

Plus they had the awesome thrill of the full night sky without all of the light pollution that blocks out the vast majority of the stars from view for the average joe today. I'll bet most of the people who visit this website have never seen the Milky Way. It has been my privilage to have journeyed to places on our planet where the nights can be seen in all of their glory and, let me tell you all, it's fantastic! You would not believe how many stars there are that can be seen with the naked eye when you cut out the light pollution. The night seems to glow cuz there are so many of them.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by godless

after watching the videos if you will..what is your take on the russian satelites and what the russians claim?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

G'day metalholic

You mention the "famous" Phobos 2 case.

Internos demonstrated the so-called "alien ship" was a film fault:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

so with all this being said what happened to phobos 1 and what did phobos 2 see why did the russians say it was ufos and why has this been swept under the rug?

Regaring the shadow seen on the surface of Mars, it is the shadow casted by the planet's moon Phobos when it passes between the Sun and Mars.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3d4e578f58b.jpg[/atsimg]
www.msss.com...

Regarding the the last photo taken by Phobos II, ATS member internos has made an absolutely excellent thread about it. He shows that the cigar shaped "object" seen in the photo is not some kind of alien spacecraft, but simply an image glitch:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this helps.

Edit to add: I see Maybe beat me to it about Internos' thread!

[edit on 6/3/10 by ziggystar60]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

thats only one part of it obviously he only focused on that one image..what of the others like shadows on the surface of the planet which appear only in certain pictures at certain times confirming non stationary

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

after seeing what the 2 of you presented i ask...why couldnt anyone explain this before? if it was the moon wouldnt any expert be able to figure out hey that was the moon phobos's shadow!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join