It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Symbol, what is it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Back in November of 2008, I was shown this symbol:

s681.photobucket.com...

What does it mean? What is it? Have any of you seen it before?

It's mystery plagues my mind.....

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well as you havent been told a meaning for it,

It's meaning is whatever meaning you want to give it!

However it looks like either anciant pattern writing, an archetype symbol being the mxture of cross and circle as found all over the globe for millenia.

The 3 crosses though probably give it an regional/religeous significance though what I am not sure.

Elf

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Interesting symbol.

Very nice, actually.

The center circle and dot (a common visual representation of the soul) surrounded by three crosses (indicitive of the Trinty).

Depending on the philiosopical ideology and school of thought of the artist, it could have alternate meanings.

*edit to add:

It might be Alchemetical in nature, either of an established school of thought or that of a personal one.

A quick google search for "alchemy symbols and meanings" will yield a wealth of information.

You can also cross reference HERE.

Of course, the best way to find out what is "means" is to ask the person who showed it to you.

[edit on 3/5/10 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
For what reason do you assume there is any significance to it at all? In college I used to doodle all the time. If I posted all of my doodling works of art on here, I would rightfully be accused of having mental illness. Whats is the assumed significance of it?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The circled dot, circumpunct, or circle with a point at its centre is an ancient symbol. It can symbolize:

* The sun: See also Solar symbol
o The sun / Ra (Egyptian).
o Solar Masses symbol used in modern astronomical equations
o The sun / a day (Chinese character written in the Chinese oracle script, the modern variant being 日, pronounced rì in Mandarin)

the 3 crosses attached to it are just saying that the trinity is fake and xtianity is really sun worship

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FANTAZING

Actually, I'm a little curious as to what you mean by you were "shown this symbol" Did this just randomly appear somewhere? Or do you mean someone showed it to you? Perhaps the clues lie in how you discovered it.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Looks like a variation on this famous and important symbol:

smithappens.com...

[edit on 5-3-2010 by mrwiffler]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Maybe it's the symbol of birth , life and death.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Cool symbol mate, looks familer to something i've seen before but can't put my finger on it, the circle with a dot often represents wind or the sun, and the three what looks to be latin crosses might have religious connotations, maybe something todo with protection or ritual?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
it's the sun trapped in a pyramid viewed from a side, 2D perspective.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FANTAZING
Back in November of 2008, I was shown this symbol:

s681.photobucket.com...

What does it mean? What is it? Have any of you seen it before?

It's mystery plagues my mind.....

I know who that is.

It's a variation on "The Eye" insignia. It just means that they're with an "international organization" (not really) that is immune from any laws (because they don't exist, so you can't arrest them).

It's not really any of that, but that's one way to describe it.

They show their insignia to people in different variations. Sometimes they'll smack their insignia on the side of a bag, or put it on a hat, or even on their cars. They only show it like once or twice to any one person, though.

When you realize that it's that organization, it's best to stay away. They are the ultimate in bad news. And that's the most ultimate understatement! You have been warned!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
okay, this is earily similar to a symbol I made years ago. except it had a triangle instead just a circle. let me see if i can dig it out of my combuter somewhere...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Trinity, yes. Definitely reminds me of the Trinity.

Also, reminds me of a Catholic Rosary Ring.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
couldn't find it so I had to redraw it in illustrator. kind of an uncanny resemblance. though I never really showed it to manny ppl. and it was years ago.

probably doesnt mean anything

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Redajin

Sorry hate to be a troll, but isn't that a diagram for the "flux capacitor"?

umm, can you blame me???

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by djmolecular

lol, I wish it was. that would be awsome. unfortunately none of the symbols are as detailed as the capacitor. I mean, there's nothing indicating the control the temporal flow through the flux compression

you apply anything other then that to the time machine, you end up ripping a hole through spacetime... or so the theory goes

but I digress

I can't tell you what your symbol stands for but I do feel that the number of outcrops on the symbol are as important as the structure itself. trinity perhapes? of what, im not sure. also, the fact that they revolve around a single point seems to convey unity to me.

unify the masses?
we are all one?
we are many but also one?
out of many one?
one ring to rule them all?

if it helps I'll give you the meaning of my symbol. it maybe a bit different, but, then again, maybe a similar structure would also mean similar meanings:

it's meaning has evolved a bit (as most symbols do through the ages) but basically its a trinity symbol. not in a religious sense, but in a human sense. the number3 prevalent throu the symbol (3 branches, triangle) represent the three main parts of a human being- the body (physiology, strength, the physical exitance) the mind (intellect, logic, reasoning) and the spirit (moral, heart, soul). these are all interconnected, and together they create the whole (the point at the center that the branches revolve around). this basically states that while these are all important aspects, not one is more or less important then the other. all three aspects are needed to create a human being. as such all must be exercized. each have their own unique purpose in existance, and without one, or with only one., you would be incomplete.

this can also be applied ot other things like society and community.every individual has his importance to the whole.

don't know if that helps or not, but, there's my take.

[edit on 3/6/10 by Redajin]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
my first response to the symbol was that it is from, or part of, a veve.

my Mother-In-Law is a Vudon bokor and also Santeria Bruha (ha - and you thought YOUR motherinlaw was odd...)

anyway Santeria & Vudon follows a lot of Catholic symbolism.

usually, and I am by no means any kind of expert on any of this, the circle symbol would be either the Sun or the Loa (God) etc or mettet (the "saint" that rules the head)

the three crosses could have the trinity meaning or it could be, as in the case of good ole mom, she was seated with three "saints", so could be that.

the symbol could mean many, many things. It all depends on how it was shown to you, on what, with what, and so on. It is all relative.

Casing

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We all still did not get a answer from the OP. How was this so called symbol presented?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Wow, you have found a symbol of Great Importance!

U2U me and we will discuss it more.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I believe that is a Pokemon known as an Unown.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join