It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment due to global warming.....errr......I mean climate change?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I saw something on the local news this morning that literally made me drop the remote. I had just changed the channel to the news and they were talking about the unemployment rate. Unfortunately I had just missed the percentage rate of unemployment that they had stated, but what I did hear was preposterous. The lady said, and I'm paraphrasing, that the unemployment numbers looked worse due to people missing work because of the severe snowstorms in the northeast.

Here's a quote from the print story of that TV station this morning:

...Still, economists said much of the drop in hours worked was reported by construction workers and likely reflects the impact of bad weather. The department said more than 5 million people worked fewer hours last month because of the snow...

Link

Now.....that quote in print is not even close to the way they spun it on the news this morning. They said, and I'm paraphrasing again, that the high unemployment numbers were due to people missing work because of the severe snowstorms in the northeast.

Do the people have jobs or not? Were they employed 'til the snow started and then became unemployed, and then became re-employed when the snow stopped? Or is everybody still unemployed because of the snow???
I'm totally confused now.

Is this something else we can blame on global warming/climate change/cow farts/etc....?

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
But you know you only heard what you wanted to hear right? I mean you have an agenda, no? And you will stop at nothing to distort the words of the media to purport your agenda, no? I mean come on what sane person is going to believe unemployment numbers have anything to do with calling in due to in climate weather.
American media's philosophy, we distort it, then you report and we declare you insane.

join