It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET and UFO's MY own reason for change

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I am writing this because some members have U2U'd me about my change of writing style in regards to Aliens and UFO's over the last few weeks. I wanted to try and set the record straight and see if others can empathise with me for my reasons to do so.

I am still very passionate about UFO'S and ET and that will never change. However my views have changed in regards of how other people view this topic and I feel that it is necessary to do this in order to change so that I and others grow and learn new things without ending up in the same cycle as so many other threads do.

Everybody can learn something new (fact) even the most fixed opinionated person on this forum can indeed learn from others. None of us are superior (although alot of people think they are). I believe that if we are going to gain a clearer understanding in to the complexities of life itself we must all change our ideas and accept this.

I suppose my agenda on this site now is to demonstrate to all that it is possible to talk about 'life 'outside' of the box based on facts and evidence and not just through my own personal experiences, after all the majority of people I am conversing with everyday haven't had the same life experiences I have had and therefore, have no real way of empathising with me, which is where the problem lies.

Just because I have become more critical does not mean that I have turned in to a disinfo agent or a shill quite the contrary. The more facts we all post the more likely closed minded individuals will respond positively and start to see things in a different way.

I believe a change is coming, I mean look outside and talk to people and see for yourself, I am opening the minds of many on a weekly basis purely by 'coincedental synchronicity' our world is changing and in order to change with it we must adopt a different approach otherwise, everything this site stands for will be lost in amongst childish confrontation and fabricated word play.

So if you see me sitting on the fence or taking a more critical approach than usual to a particular topic, hopefully by reading this you will know why.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Great post!

It's nice to understand the facts behind a story and then relay it onto others in a simple fashion. There may be truth to the 'whole UFO story' but until we speak about it as adults we are just feeding fantasies and muddying the waters of truth.

I've starred a flagged your post and this thread as I hope as a arbiter you can help each side see where the other is coming from, well a little better at least.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Great post!

It's nice to understand the facts behind a story and then relay it onto others in a simple fashion. There may be truth to the 'whole UFO story' but until we speak about it as adults we are just feeding fantasies and muddying the waters of truth.

I've starred a flagged your post and this thread as I hope as a arbiter you can help each side see where the other is coming from, well a little better at least.

-m0r

Thanks M0r - I do not expect this thread will garnish alot of written responses but at least then I can point people to this thread after they contact me. I am just going to put this thread in my profile so that people can see it when they check me out.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

How could people come down on you for being more rash? I think it's the smartest thing you can do.

To many people are willing to believe in things that they have no experience in, hence as you said, empathy.

In today's age, I'm hard pressed to understand how anyone can believe what they see on a screen anymore.

I've seen Glowing orbs hover over our city. I've seen quite a few UFO's, but that in no way says they are Alien in nature, rather something that flew by a science I'm not privy too, nor anyone else but the Govt.

I personally believe that their are no Aliens and that it is a story made up to cover black projects. A story you don't even have to keep pumping as it works on peoples imaginations, then they spread the untruth.

Don't accept anything as truth that you can't literally prove to yourself. Otherwise you are asking to be made a fool of.

Nice post and thanks for your explanation.

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yer Yer Yer Just another Hammer to beat people over the head with! Now just get on and do what your paid to do!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I completely understand the personal journey you are going through. A similar transformation happened to me some years ago.

Personally, I believe in the phenomena. That Earth is visited by other species, be they extra terrestrial, inter-dimensional or something we haven't even considered yet.

My personal disclosure is that I have witnessed a fairly extraordinary UFO sighting in my past, a more ambiguous sighting in recent years along with other associated 'experiences' over the years.

That is why I am here and why I am compelled (subconsciously or otherwise) to protect and uncover the real phenomena. Part of this undertaking is to also expose the fraudulent aspects that surround UFOlogy. I make no apologies for this. To make a body healthy, we must cut out the cancer... and remove the aspects that only serve to create doubt.

What I learned in my journey was that as real as my experiences were to me, they are simply personal experiences. That's great for my own affirmations but does little to 'prove' them as a real phenomena to others nor do I feel they achieve much in gaining a broader acceptance. The reality is that to a stranger, my experiences are simply a story.

I believe that the only way this phenomena will gain broader acceptance is through proof. Evidence that cannot be refuted, debunked or denied. Personally, I believe that the phenomena is far stranger and more elusive than we currently understand it to be, which means a larger truth is a long way off and we all have a lot of hard work to do.

I don't approach this with expectations. They have a way of coloring our perceptions and general thought processes. I try to remain neutral to whatever the truth will be. At the end of the day, it will be whatever it will be regardless of my feelings, theories or suspicions. Hell, even my desires.

With all the literature at our disposal, all the photo's, film, testimonies and passionate debates, I still believe we know nothing for certain. None of us. Even if a person is to have an experience where they have been told particulars by aliens themselves, there is no way we can gauge if they are telling that person the truth, or what their ultimate agenda is. Nothing can be taken at face value. We are at a disadvantage, and if aliens do truly exist, they are almost certain to know this. The cards are stacked against us.

So what do we have left to rely on? What can we trust in? It all comes back to that undeniable proof. Evidence of a quality that is free of ambiguity, bias or alternate theory.

If I had parting words to express in this post, I guess they would be, "Be wary of anyone claiming to 'know' or to have the 'truth'.

S&F4U FSF

IRM

[edit on 3/3/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Don't forget there might be very simple explanations for the
mysteries you seek answers to.
I scoured the internet for two years and a few books and found
the answers that suit me.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

No offense but you only seek answers that end with Tesla which is very limiting and does not leave you open to other possibilities. The truth may be very different than what you believe... but if that's what keeps you happy... power to ya!

IRM

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Very well put, fran. We may have our differences here and there, but you have my support.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

The simple answer may not be Tesla but thats the only one I can
support. Even though some researchers have found out a lot without
government aid there is not much else we can do.
I find truth comes in bundles.
A quantum theory perhaps.
And different for others perhaps.
Right now Velikovsky seems to answer a lot of questions.
These might fly in the face of other dis information circulating
the world of ancient history.
When I find a concentration of truth I feel obligated to exercise it
as others may tout their own truths.

So as you say there seems to be an almost all encompassing
applicability to a Tesla right of passage but this is due to the
efforts of others on a multifaceted information front giving con
or pro information.

ED: I see or read the ideas of many of the people on the Tesla
side of things and wonder if where they get their information from.
So not an easy job wherever you go.

[edit on 3/5/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

What a bizarre coincidence. I was just this very minute thinking, as I logged on, "I wonder if anyone here is actually balanced in terms of their preconceptions, and the ability/willingness to accept new facts and ideas." Lately on the ATS 911 forum - to which I'm new - I've been struck by how totally obstinate people are, and it's clear that very few are at all interested in actually engaging in a dialogue when the other person's ideas are different. People here generally have strong ideas that just are NOT going to change which is why so many of these threads often degenerate into sarcastic, immature bickering.
In re. UFOs, I absolutely believe that there are enough hugely significant inexplicable and credible events to warrant taking it seriously. I mean, to me that is just a no-brainer. HOWEVER, 99% (well, maybe 90%) of the stuff that surfaces here is ludicrous and not worthy of any thinking person's time. I approach pretty much everything with skepticism and am extremely wary of people who are NOT skeptical. It's narrow-minded cynicism that I hate.
Anyway, I salute any effort on anyone's part to try to rise above whatever ever biases we all have, and to try to see both sides and find common ground if/when it's possible.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

The simple answer may not be Tesla but thats the only one I can
support. Even though some researchers have found out a lot without
government aid there is not much else we can do.
I find truth comes in bundles.
A quantum theory perhaps.
And different for others perhaps.
Right now Velikovsky seems to answer a lot of questions.
These might fly in the face of other dis information circulating
the world of ancient history.
When I find a concentration of truth I feel obligated to exercise it
as others may tout their own truths.

So as you say there seems to be an almost all encompassing
applicability to a Tesla right of passage but this is due to the
efforts of others on a multifaceted information front giving con
or pro information.

ED: I see or read the ideas of many of the people on the Tesla
side of things and wonder if where they get their information from.
So not an easy job wherever you go.

[edit on 3/5/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

I'm with Infraredman on this. Tesla was a great man but I've yet to see a post of yours that didn't mention that name. It seems a bit obsessive, actually.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by longfade

You mean this little thing:

Don't forget there might be very simple explanations for the mysteries you seek answers to. I scoured the internet for two years and a few books and found the answers that suit me.

Yeah Tesla is not so simple just a conspiracy that raises its ugly head.
Feel free to join in.
If you have something to share.
Guess not.
Just something to object to.
Illuminati agents would like that approach.
However the future of the world is at stake and into their
hands we should not play.
Unless for big money.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

G'day franspeakfree

Thank you for your thoughful & well written post.

I believe your approach will enhance our efforts to try to understand what's really going on out there.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Nice post OP. Were you coerced here? Not that I don't believe You, but. In my few years here and in believing their here, not once have I received any mail suggesting I consider the contrary.

Actually, ATS has been serious-minded about protecting member beliefs, this way or that way.

EBEs are not just here, but I feel one or more races have something to do with all Government decisions.

Decoy

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

G'day InfaRedMan

Thank you too for your very thoughtful & well written post.

This has helped me to understand where the "hard man" is coming from.

I envy you your experiences because you are one of those fortunate few who "know".

I might add that if you ever document your experiences, I will be extremely interested to read of that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Ram

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Do you have a passion...Before the change? Or after? Or all the time..?

Is that your picture - Did you make that? Avatar..Cool

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Ram]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Nice post Fran. It seems you're going through the UFO evolution we all end up going through.

We start off young in wide-eyed amazement at the possibilities. Hours spent looking at the stars in the hope of seeing a UFO. Buying books or taking them out of libraries...nowadays, scouring the net to feed the curiosity. By the end of that stage we feel sure that the truth is around the next corner and that *possibly* we'll find the answers alone.

Next we begin to see that not all our UFO sources are quite as honest as we are. Some are more interested in money or attention than truth. That bit stings and we develop some scar tissue and a layer of cynicism/caution to prevent being hurt again. These layers increase over time, but the burning curiosity remains...

Over the years just about anyone interested in UFOs will walk away in disgust or frustration. Frank Warren, George Knapp, Don Ecker, Nick Redfern and David Biedny recently...they all quit and keep coming back. I've given up a few times and something keeps drawing me back. Mid-90s my UFO magazine collection was thrown out in embarrassment that I'd believed so much...Cydonia etc. My books went too.

I've had four UFO incidents...two most assuredly true UFOs. Of the remaining two, one could be wishful thinking...an almost transparent sphere that faded from sight. The last was a tree level white/blue flash that lit up our campsite brighter than daylight and was gone. Imagine a truck sized camera flash.

Anyway, I digress
The best way to stay unfrustrated and sane is to cut the BS away and try to focus on the facts. This means being called a 'skeptic' by those still in the first stages of their interest....and I can live with that

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by longfade

What a bizarre coincidence. I was just this very minute thinking, as I logged on, "I wonder if anyone here is actually balanced in terms of their preconceptions, and the ability/willingness to accept new facts and ideas." Lately on the ATS 911 forum - to which I'm new - I've been struck by how totally obstinate people are.

Unfortunately, 9/11 has a very powerful presence here on ATS and for what its worth I have my own fixed ideas on that topic based on the FACTS I think it is entirely acceptable for me to say that there is more to 9/11 than the original report holds and through personal research you can base a clear understanding of it. However, with UFO's and ET its not as simple as that, there is an extremely tightlipped presence around the whole issue and in order to break it down we must take one step at a time and not class everything in the sky as an alien spacecraft.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Indeed, I think a balanced viewpoint is needed in order to gain credibility within the group. Although I too have had strange encounters in my life, it is very important not to get carried away.

On a side note by pure coincedence I have seen my STS thread has come back to life NASA STS-114 UFO Footage - Can it be debunked? talk about a blast from the past. We still didn't draw a firm conclusion did we.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join