It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do OBEs and Chakras appear in the Bible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Ecc 5:6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

The Bible does mention "the silver" cord which I would assume if you have been researching OBEs you have likely heard of by now. Solomon no doubt knew about occultic practices. Golden bowl can also be interpreted as sphere, in the same scripture and I think this may relate to Chakras.

This scripture is hardly an endorsement of these practices when it ends with the words "Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all [is] vanity"

Ecc 12:1-8 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:
In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,
And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;
Also [when] they shall be afraid of [that which is] high, and fears [shall be] in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all [is] vanity.

There is some precedent for OBEs in the bible for example this scripture:
2Cr 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
such an one caught up to the third heaven.

The opperative words would be "In Christ". If christ wants to give you revelations that is fine. But to seek to preform this by an act of will is by definition Magick.
1Sa 15:23 For rebellion [is as] the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness [is as] iniquity and idolatry.
My experience with these practices is that they return void where as Gods word does not return void.

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have often wondered if in the Bible when a reference to "walking in the spirit" is made, if the writer was mentioning astral projection

The entire Book of Revelations appears to be a vision that someone has on '___', or in the astral plane; and the 'author,' whomever that may be, was "walking in the spirit."

[edit on 3/1/2010 by dalan.]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The Bible says a lot of stuff that can be misidentified nowadays. The first scripture seems to be about dying and returning to God, the 'silver cord' being the connection to your mortal body and your immortal body (your spirit). The next one is symbolic to earth life and celestial life. The other 2 are about prayer, and that it will be heard. Or, at least, that's how I see it...of course, I may be wrong

[edit on 3/5/2010 by Dragonfriend]

join