It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This cannot be normal? The weather is changing!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

You pretty much summed it up! The only difference is the media has ramped up its reporting on weather. This makes it seem like all hell is breaking loose when in reality its just more of the same.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Persephone1
Here in the states has been very strange weather. Only the younger ones think it is normal, because that is all they experience these days. As for those who have seen more of the bizzare weather patterns, and know the difference between then and now, can actually say for certain.

Is there really such thing as "normal weather"? The weather and climate has constantly changed, and will very likely continue to do so.

Originally posted by Persephone1
The weather patterns are getting more and more treacherous. This is NOT normal. I don't care what others say when it comes to what we know as "not normal". There is a definate change going on. And the animals are what we definately need to be watching as well! They know too. All too well.

I vaguely remember experiencing weather patterns that I haven't had for quite a while. However, I consider this to be normal. It would certainly be strange if weather (short term) and climate (long term) stayed exactly the same for an extended period of time. Therefore, I do not believe the current weather situation is significantly abnormal. And it certainly is not pointing towards any of the current doomsday prophecies (biblical, gaia's revenge, Catastrohic AGW etc.).

I can't say for certain what the weather has been like in your part of the world. But here across the Pacific in NZ, we have had some "strange" weather. I personally experienced a rather severe (very rare) hailstorm, which you can read about here. Snowboarding at the beach was certainly strange

But I have not seen any conclusive evidence that shows we are getting anything "abnormal". There is no conclusive evidence of an increase in severe weather, although what has increased is the population living in disaster prone areas. Along with much better communication and transfer of information regarding severe weather and phenomena.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
I have looked into it - extensively - you clearly haven't.

Don't you love it when someone starts a post like this

Originally posted by audas
The rapid shift in climate experienced this century is absolutely unprecedented on our planet. Sorry but those are the facts supported by thousands of studies. If you have a study which undermines this - something which would be one of the greatest revelations in scientific history - then lets have it.

OMG!! Unprecedented climate shift with thousands of studies supporting this?!

Well since there's thousands, can you post some? Maybe 10 or so... or 5... Nah just one will do.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So by saying nothing is happening you too can prove this withtout doubt ??
I am 99% sure no body can predict the earths climate so to compare it to the past is ignorant as the earth truly does not have any scale we can use to gauge changes.
It would be odd if we had such a scale.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

I'm not saying nothing is happening, that would be silly, I'm saying what's happening is perfectly normal. Now if its starts snowing in Death Valley you can panic, oh wait it actually has snowed in Death Valley:

Snow in Death Valley

You're right about predicting the Earth's climate though, its very difficult to do, all I'm saying is if you want a glimpse of the possible future look to the past and you'll see weather on this planet has been fluctuating for a long long time.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I gotcha thats why i chose the general reply no personal type attacks just my veiws. Thanks for replying and adding to the convo. Hope to see you soon without different opinions we are all just wasting time mindlessly
Be Well

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

so if we donot have a forecast type model is there any way we can ever truly know what the climate will bring by this i mean here today gone tommorow yes i agree with that however what if we are being blind to the obvious just cause communication is better does mean things are not changing.
Just because im paranoid doesnt mean there not after me lol
anywho i am reading an article now about an iceberg thats on the loose and its huge like NEW YORK STATE huge im wondering if the fresh water can cause a disruption I know I know Day After Tommorrow

Dont hate lol just thinking out loud.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Is this winter just a glitch? or something that will continue?

No one can say for sure as weather surely is unpredictable. Look at last years hurricanes, there wasn't much in the way of powerful storms compared to the past few years.

But I will be watching more closely as this past winter has seen a definite shift in the weather around the world compared to the past 50 years or so.

But in the end, the weather will do what the weather does as we really can't do much to change it. Not so much preparing as just being aware of it possibly changing from area to area.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I would say that stable/predictable weather is the real news. If and when that happens, that'll be one helluva thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I am beginning not only to beleive the weather is rapidly changing but that the earth itself is beginning to show very obvious signs of unrest huge wave in europe earthquakes abounding its warm in canada the us weather is just odd to say the least and the hurricane season is approaching.
This isnt cause of more media or anything like that all these technologies have been in place for many years now.
damn nature you scary

Be Well

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That's just it though. The weather is always changing from day to day, month to month, year to year and so on. When you have extremes like ice ages and such, does an increase in Canadian temp averages and earthquakes really alarm you?

I am of the mind that when dealing with the weather, we have to first realize that we simply do not know enough about our planet to state that these things are out of place or abnormal. This planet has been doing its thing for 4 billion years. We have had technology to measure weather patterns for less than a hundred. How out of place can things be when we do not understand why many of these things happen to begin with? We have doppler radar and a basic understanding of wind and ocean currents. We cannot predict tornados an hour before they develop. We have an extremely limited understanding at the moment. With this limited understanding, anything can be considered normal then. Weather changes. As long as there isn't a major tsunami 3 times a year for no apparent reason and there isn't 10" of rain in the Sahara in a week then I don't see anything too different going on.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm living in Southern Spain. We have had some serious heavy weather here. Two people my husband knew were killed on the other side of the mountain when the roof of their friend's house collapsed, supposedly from heavy rain (though investigation is underway into possible faulty contruction).

None of the Spaniards, however, seem particularly alarmed. Heavy winters come and go from time to time. The people in this village are extremely old, they remember alot. High winds and heavy downpours are actually pretty common ever few years.

Nothing to get paniced over. Weather and climate changes, it has been for the past 4 billion years, and will continue for the next 4 billion.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here is something oddly unprecedent: There's a chance of a Tropical Cyclone (Hurricane) for southeastern Brazil, that could reach the coast of Espirito Santo and parts of northern Rio de Janeiro.
This is something never seen before. We had the first Tropical Cyclone in history (as far as I know) just about 5 or 6 years ago in south Brazil (Catarina).
The information is in the Metsul site (link below) and, according to them, NOAA is predicting this possibility.

[link to www.metsul.com]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's called Climate Change.

But of course deniers will find some other excuse, like its a cycle or just the Earth acting up like it needs to be burped and given an Alka Seltzer.

But seriously continue on with your ignorance, maybe the next excuse is Jesus is coming soon.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
It's called Climate Change.

But of course deniers will find some other excuse, like its a cycle or just the Earth acting up like it needs to be burped and given an Alka Seltzer.

But seriously continue on with your ignorance, maybe the next excuse is Jesus is coming soon.

Of course it's climate change. That's what has happened for millenia right?

So who is denying this??

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
More violent storms predicted for the Mediterranean next week:

news.bbc.co.uk...

The jet stream has been diverted 2000 miles or so south (guestimate). As predicted by global warming models.

How significant is this? Looks pretty significant to me, whatever the cause.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by sunnybunny]

[edit on 5-3-2010 by sunnybunny]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
FIRST CYCLONE NOW THATS COOL AND NEW!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
FIRST CYCLONE NOW THATS COOL AND NEW!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I know there's a cyclone to the north of us in NZ, which has battered some fijian islands. It will be tracking south, and in the process sending some solid swells our way. At least there's some postive out of this

There is also one off the coast of queensland at the moment.

Neither of these are anything new, so just wondering what cyclone you are reffering to?

[edit on 15/3/10 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Northern Ontario here too, I have seen mild winter starts but rarely this mild of a end .
Last year it snowed on May 16, my birthday and that was far out.

Doesn't look like a trend though just damn freaky.

Rhain

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join