It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Lashes Out at NATO for Protecting Afghan Drug Production

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

yep, interesting how people here and elsewhere are ignoring the fact that Taliban banned the production of poppy fields, at first... later they needed the money to oppose US which wanted the fields back...

funny thing is how western soldiers are fighting a war, not for democracy and freedom (as they were told) but to reinstate US dominion over the poppy fields and opium/heroin trafficking...

[edit on 1-3-2010 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
So that is the real reason the US is in Afghanistan, hmmm makes you wonder. It shouldn't surprise me since our gov has so many crooks running it.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by crusaderiam]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
As difficult as it is to admit this, I am truly coming to the conclusion that drug running by elements of the United States govt. Is the tip of an endemic disease that has infected unchecked power within the intelligence community.

The CIA must be eviscerated. The NSA is pure evil. The greed has become so tempting that they don't bother trying to hide it.

As the realization that nobody is watching, that 90% of the american electorate is too busy trying to keep food on the table, certain elements determination to accumulate wealth is driving our country to bankruptcy.

Is a revolution inescapable? I can't believe I'm thinking this. Lately, the most insane conspiracies are seeming possible.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
edited..

[edit on 1-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Hey thanks for the reply.
I would love it if you could throw us a link that may elaborate on that. I can't seem to find anything about it. I've heard something to that affect.
Thanks in advance. PEACE Slay [edit on 28-2-2010 by SLAYER69]

Malov is correct in his assertion. According to DoD figures cited by The Washington Post, there are now around 189,000 and rising deployed in total. There are now 68,000 troops in Afghanistan, over double the amount deployed there when Bush left office.

What precisely would this extra tax be used to pay for? Namely, bribing the Taliban, paying off CIA drug lords, and protecting heroin-producing opium fields.

Numerous reports over the time have confirmed that the U.S. military is paying off the Taliban with bags of gold to prevent them from attacking vehicle convoys, proving that there is no real “war” in Afghanistan, merely a business agreement that allows the occupiers to continue their lucrative control of record opium exports while they finalize construction of dozens of new military bases from which to launch new wars.

The Afghan opium trade has exploded since the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan, following a lull after the Taliban had imposed a crackdown. According to the U.N., the drug trade is now worth $65 billion. Afghanistan produces 92 per cent of the world’s opium, with the equivalent of at least 3,500 tonnes leaving the country each year.

This racket is secured by drug kingpins like the brother of disputed president Hamid Karzai. As a report revealed, Ahmed Wali Karzai, a Mafia-like figure who expanded his influence over the drug trade with the aid of U.S. efforts to eliminate his competitors, is on the CIA payroll.

As Professor Michel Chossudovsky has highlighted in a detailed report with several sources, the explosion of opium production after the invasion was about the CIA’s drive to restore the lucrative Golden Crescent opium trade that was in place during the time when the Agency were funding the Mujahideen rebels to fight the Soviets, and flood the streets of America and Britain with cheap heroin, destroying lives while making obscene profits.

Any war surtax will merely go straight to maintaining the agenda that Obama inherited from Bush, the continued looting of Afghanistan under the pretext of a “war on terror” that, as revelations about bribing the Taliban prove, doesn’t even exist.

None of the sources quoted here can be considered an objective source with no axe to grind, and worse charges still are easy to find in wilds of the Internet. However the charges are plausible, because of history.

Just as in Vietnam and Laos, the United States made its initial alliances in Afghanistan with drug traffickers, both in 1980 and again in 2001; and this is a major factor explaining the endemic corruption of the U.S.-sponsored Karzai regime today. There should be an official Congressional investigation whether the United States did not intend for its Afghan assets, just as earlier in Burma, Laos, and Thailand, to supplement their CIA subsidies with income from drug trafficking.

In short the impasse the U.S. faces in Afghanistan, in its efforts to support an unpopular and corrupt regime, must be understood in the light of its past relations to the drug traffic there – a situation which resembles the past U.S. involvement in Laos even more than in Vietnam. It is this sustained pattern of intervention in support of drug economies, and with the support of drug traffickers, that so depresses observers who had hoped desperately that, in this respect, Obama would bring a change.

(S)

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

This is what it comes down to. It takes our "enemy" Russia. The country that we have been carefully taught to hate and fear, the country that has will "enslave" us if we don't watch out to suggest that the "emperor" has no clothes, that the CIA and NATO are really a front for a criminal organization for murder and looting (oops that the FED's department) and raping children (see MKUltra & m15) and for running drugs, extortion, etc.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by m khan]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Very informative posts and I 100% agree with your posts.

Effective steps should have been taken in first place but the reluctance to do so gives a very shady image of the Govt.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
OMG! Why can't they just nuke them all?

It would save a lot of time and money, would also get rid of the scum too. It would be sad that a couple of innocent ones would get killed too but this is war..

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The only reason were in Afghanistan is BECAUSE of the opium.

CIA = DRUG KINGPINS

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

Don't give the Taliban too much credit. Opium saw a price drop around the time period they enacted the ban. I believe that ban and destruction of crops was the raise the price floor again.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I am glad I have this forum. When I try to bring this discussion up anywhere else even with all the evidence. The only ones who understand or the ones who have been there and have seen what is going on or the ones who already question the government. The people living the sub-urban dream and there are many of them consider me and like minded people a 'nut'.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Well the Heroin/opium issue gets pretty sticky. There is just too much money to be made and it's been a crop way before the NATO invasion. Here is an older article on the topic.

Afghan opium production drops

August 27, 2008

Drought and anti-drug campaigns helped slash Afghanistan's opium poppy cultivation by 19 percent this year compared with 2007, but Taliban militants could still derive up to $70 million from the harvest, the U.N. anti-drug chief said Tuesday.

The country is still far and away the world's leading source of the heroin-producing crop, the U.N. report said.

Successful anti-poppy campaigns in the country's north and east were mainly to thank for the drop in production. But fields in the south - where the Taliban is strongest - remain awash in poppies that provide the main ingredient for heroin, according to the United Nations' Afghanistan Opium Survey 2008.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I support 100% legalization of drugs including heroin. That being said, without controls on purity and acces to clean needles, thousands of americans die every year from overdosing and complications from dirty spikes.

I've had four heroin addicts working for me that held full-time jobs for years. Given access to a stable, low cost alternative to copping on the street, they would have been no different than other employees taking anti depressants. It was only when they got very strong batches, that they ever appeared high.

I have also known people to die from OD and AIDS. I've had people call in sick or be worthless when they were "ill" when they lacked their "medicine."

Given the cost of deaths, illnesses due to AIDs, hepatitus and loss of productivity, this should be treated as a major threat to our national security.

If they are not going to legalize it, and they are going to continue to treat the problem as a military issue, they should use any weapons at their disposal such as Round Up dumped from tankers or napalm. Anything short highlights the fact that this and all wars on drugs are a racket and calls into question the military's comittment to protecting the american citizens it has sworn to protect.

I previously stated that I am convinced the CIA is getting rich peddling dope. More disturbing to me is the effect narcotics have on the user's willingness and ABILITY to maintain a relationship with God on a spiritual level.

The portions of the brain that light up during meditation, are dark in dope fiends brains. Talk about "opium for the masses" nothing kills the spirit more than heroin.

Maybe that is truly the point? The spiritual super-powers mentioned all over this site will never be available to the junkies. I believe a spiritual war is looming and the forces of darkness are waging spiritual warfare through narcotics.

You may wonder why I advocate legalization. It should be up to the individual if they choose to waste their chance on earth searching for happiness through a needle, pipe or warm gun. Bang, bang, shoot, shoot.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In

Gold
Oil
Drugs

We

Trust

!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Why dismantle the mechanisms that keep the dogs out of your own yard?

Apparently many haven't a clue as to what must be done to keep the american way of life going and god forbid any of it should be taken away from you.

Do many understand what it takes to make gasoline so cheap? Electrical power?

Do many have any idea about how humanity works at all? Clearly not when they are calling to be disarmed so that the forces outside can come in and do what?

Let me tell you what would happen if for one second America put down it's gun.

America would fall in a heart beat to those who saw her as mere spoils left on the table and for all the idiocy that's tied up in self destructive ideals of dismantling the distasteful yet necessary organizations that fight fire with fire every day, thankfully there is the common sense that prevails.

Do you think russia cares about you americans? There's nothing they'd like more than to have the control of afghanistan that the US has. But they lost their effort.

Where do you think all the heroin and hashish in the USA came from when the Russians were running their war in Afghanistan?

And who cares about weak minded drug addicts anyway? Let them rot. They are not fit for society and if they decide to be so, then great, step up and be part of society. Otherwise they are useless and empty human beings who serve no purpose other than to be examples to point at. They are a burden of shame for any nation.

You can't even show compassion, they don't want it, they want your money and their next fix. Boo Hoo.

I can't relate to people who self hate.

Let russia drown in heroin. If they are strong enough as a people, it will be inconsequential and they will not have an endemic problem with it. No demand, no supply.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Don't you people know, this is all part of the war on drugs.(big rasberry)

I am more amazed everyday at how long a people can maintain the best
country in the world, with the most corrupt Govenment.

POPPY BUSH

[edit on 1-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

By drugs, do they mean US street drugs on the equivalent of black tar heroin or do they mean pharmaceuticals improperly distributed?

There is a big difference between the US building a black tar heroin factory, and the US building an anesthesia plant regulated by the FDA.

Maybe that bureaucracy from Marx fails across all levels, eh?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
No Really.

Do we care what russia says or thinks? They're our enemy, not our friend.
Let them die from their own folly and let us continue with our great enterprise!

Go North America!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
Why dismantle the mechanisms that keep the dogs out of your own yard?

Apparently many haven't a clue as to what must be done to keep the american way of life going and god forbid any of it should be taken away from you.

Do many understand what it takes to make gasoline so cheap? Electrical power?

Do many have any idea about how humanity works at all? Clearly not when they are calling to be disarmed so that the forces outside can come in and do what?

Let me tell you what would happen if for one second America put down it's gun.

America would fall in a heart beat to those who saw her as mere spoils left on the table and for all the idiocy that's tied up in self destructive ideals of dismantling the distasteful yet necessary organizations that fight fire with fire every day, thankfully there is the common sense that prevails.

Do you think russia cares about you americans? There's nothing they'd like more than to have the control of afghanistan that the US has. But they lost their effort.

Where do you think all the heroin and hashish in the USA came from when the Russians were running their war in Afghanistan?

And who cares about weak minded drug addicts anyway? Let them rot. They are not fit for society and if they decide to be so, then great, step up and be part of society. Otherwise they are useless and empty human beings who serve no purpose other than to be examples to point at. They are a burden of shame for any nation.

You can't even show compassion, they don't want it, they want your money and their next fix. Boo Hoo.

I can't relate to people who self hate.

Let russia drown in heroin. If they are strong enough as a people, it will be inconsequential and they will not have an endemic problem with it. No demand, no supply.

I think many are begining to understand what must be done to keep the American way of life and that of all the western societies and are finding the price to high to pay. (see national debts)

Many realise how hard those in charge are working to control energy in a form they can charge you for and how prepared they are to sacrifice the lives of our family, friends and society to maintain it.

Are you talking about the power addicted few at the top?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join