It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enemy Is At Home - A short video by a returning GI from Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
www.brasschecktv.com...

The Enemy is At Home

"We have more in common with the poor people pleading for their lives in the streets of Iraq that the billionaires who sent us over there to fight for them."

this is a must a view

www.brasschecktv.com...

[edit on 27-2-2010 by seataka]

[edit on 27-2-2010 by seataka]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
You forgot the 'MUST WATCH' tag.
Excellent. Brilliant. 100% accurate.
Didnt mention 9/11 - didnt need to. All is very clear.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
That was very powerful stuff!

He was eloquent and it was even more effective because he didn't rant.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
when was this?..looks kinda old...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Apparently his name is Mike Prysner.

Here's your linked video embedded:

And a two-part interview without all the dramatic cinematography and music:

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Crito]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
when was this?..looks kinda old...

That's because it is, a bit. The actual youtube video with info can be viewed here:

www.youtube.com...

This video is one of the many, many testimonies given by the group Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW).

www.ivaw.org...

Q: Why are veterans, active duty, and National Guard men and women opposed to the war in Iraq?

1. The Iraq war is based on lies and deception.
2. The Iraq war violates international law.
3. Corporate profiteering is driving the war in Iraq.
4. Overwhelming civilian casualties are a daily occurrence in Iraq.
5. Soldiers have the right to refuse illegal war.
6. Service members are facing serious health consequences due to our Government's negligence.
7. The war in Iraq is tearing our families apart.
8. The Iraq war is robbing us of funding sorely needed here at home.
9. The war dehumanizes Iraqis and denies them their right to self-determination.
10. Our military is being exhausted by repeated deployments, involuntary extensions, and activations of the Reserve and National Guard.

See these and plenty more, each point with explanations at:

www.ivaw.org...

There are any number of threads on ATS about them, including a special conference they held- I think it was called "Winter Soldier" or something like that, where many testimonies were heard.

But yeah, powerful, and pertinent, stuff.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The other thing we have in common besides both sides fighting and being poor, is that both side are being conditioned to hate each other by their rich leaders. Leaders who don't get along with other leaders.

We poor are their tools. Used to settle their differences.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Awesome video - S&F - wish I would've seen this earlier, but I like the image montage that was put together for it.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Should also checkout "Voices of Iraq" (now downloadable on Netflix). You get more than one opinion.

Preview...

www.youtube.com...

"We resent the current situation - and, she just farted" ROFLMAO

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
S&F on this. I did not believe in conspiracy theories until a close relative went to work as a civilian engineer for a military branch in Iraq. He reviewed contracts. The contract padding was persistent, pervasive and criminal. KBR was the worst with GE not far behind. Just awful.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg
S&F on this. I did not believe in conspiracy theories until a close relative went to work as a civilian engineer for a military branch in Iraq. He reviewed contracts. The contract padding was persistent, pervasive and criminal. KBR was the worst with GE not far behind. Just awful.

i don't understand the thought process of someone who says they don't believe in conspiracy's ? does that mean you don't believe in corruption for profit....that leaves other's worse off?

i mean believing in little green men is one thing...but you can't mean that at ...one point you didn't believe in basic corruption....because that is the definition of conspiracy...although the public has been conditioned to have a emotional knee jerk association with conspiracy believers = looney bin....i.e people throw the baby out with the bath water and assume conspiracy's are crazy because a few examples of such are out there

The new world order is the new socio-economic system that will be born out of the collapse of capitalism....which is breaking down... from hollowed out economy's...the offshoring of jobs (that kept profits higher) and debt based monetary systems....not being able to service the perpetual debt that is owed...and there for not being able to grow further... combined with lowered standards of living is going to bring a new world order that is a step down for many.....look up the definition of debt serfs....no more middle class....have's and have not's with less freedoms for the latter...that is the socio economic system of the "new world order". And they are trying to lower the RESISTANCE to this transition by getting people to think the consessions in their energy expenditures and life style will help the planet become healthier.....it is basic propoganda

Capitalism tried to hang on....believe me.....central planners KNEW they were getting more reckless to grow the economy ....they knew that the mortgage bubble was unstable...but they wanted to kick the can down the road...and generate more debt (growth).......the last of the debt growth is now being financed by the treasury dept...."printing money" to service debt....taking the noose from the big banks and putting it around soverign gov'ts necks....i.e indebting themselves beyond ability to pay back.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I posted this video on my FB page with a positive preface - I actually got this reply from a bud, who's in the military (and knows I live in Austin):

What a goof ball. Him or one of his buddies will probably be the next freakin wierdo to fly an airplane into a bldg.

I thought this reply was ridiculous, but rathe rthan starting a flame-war, I simply replied:

You really think that guy is the type? That's a scary question, either way you answer it, come to think of it.

I thought that made a point, without letting it get emotional and out of control.

If you think about it, it IS scary, either way. Either 1) everything this guy says is true (which, I believe to be the case, for the most part), or 2) this intelligent, compassionate, patriotic veteran IS the type to fly another plane into a building!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I really hope more videos like this reach the civilian population. America needs to hear it straight from the mouths of those who serve. I respect those in the military fighting to provide food for their families back home, but I respect these men more for telling us what is truely going on. I do not mean to offend anyone if I have. I have neither intention nor reason to do so.

Regards

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

If you think about it, it IS scary, either way. Either 1) everything this guy says is true (which, I believe to be the case, for the most part), or 2) this intelligent, compassionate, patriotic veteran IS the type to fly another plane into a building!

Stick with option 1.

If you freind thinks this guy (vid) is the type to fly a plane into a building,
then run away from any tall buildings. Because there are hundreds , thousands
like this young man, who voice the same.

The war is a ,made for profit war, there are no honorable qualities about this war.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It is so heartwarming seeing awakened soldiers!

When TPTB lose their control of them, it's game over.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It continues (a different person, this time):

I cant believe I wasted my time listening to that fart sack complain about serving his country. Whatever the underlying "reason is" behind going to war, the fact is he volunteered to go to war. Therefore he needs to do his job and keep his mouth shut.

I guess America is racist because we bombed the JAPS in WWII. It's a good thing we didn't have pillow-biters come back from that war, infecting the public with the Liberalism disease like we have now.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Thanks for posting my video. I am glad it got so popular.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Thank you for making it.

I learned from it...

regards
Seataka

top topics

join