It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Bunning blocks unemployment benefits extension

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by thatredpill

OK

But how about Bunning not supporting Unemployment Extensions.

That is the thread, its not your Soapbox

Not a soapbox, I'm trying to help, but nothing will save you. At best if you try you can steal some value back from the officers of the court and by your sacrifice leave your children something so they can buy their way to a better life.
Unemployment insurance was not intended to be permanent. It is not insurance, the money's been spent long ago. Paying to keep people in circumstances they cant afford on their own devalues everyones value as the payments are made with borrowed money. At best it's only charity now. THERE IS NO MONEY to give away. IT was stolen. Money not based on any actual value is simbabwe money. Maybe you should google zimbabwe to see what your future looks like. There is no way to prevent it happening here.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

So reform unemployment when jobs are plentiful.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatredpill
Maybe you should google zimbabwe to see what your future looks like.

My Future is fine.

I'm 48 and semi-retired.

Don't cry for me Argentina

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic
reply to post by johnny2127

So reform unemployment when jobs are plentiful.

That's not gonna happen in your lifetime. Jobs being plentiful, I mean...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Maybe you should google zimbabwe to see what your future looks like.

My Future is fine.

I'm 48 and semi-retired.

Don't cry for me Argentina

Evita, Good for you, youre lucky, but that doesnt change a thing for a country of permanently indentured servants,. You may be in the top 1%, but the rest are not gonna do well, and your buffer zone may be thinner than you think. 300k is a big nut, and would mean that on average people would have to work for 15 years and give every cent earned just to break even, and this doesnt include other commercial debts which may be just as much or more. You think that's gonna lead to happy days again, richy?
Americans have been living a fanasy for generations, and the longer one prevents nature from following it's course, the more violent the correction.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Evita, Good for you, youre lucky, but that doesnt change a thing for a country of permanently indentured servants,. You may be in the top 1%, but the rest are not gonna do well,

Not Close to 1%

If fact , I should be along side you , denying this Extension.

I'm Self Employed, I don't qualify for Unemployment.

Never will recieve any.

But I see the big Picture of other people.

They are the Collateral damage of the Corporatist , of the Banksters .

Through no fault of there own, not lazyness, not stupid.

They are on the recieving end of the # stick.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

If you want to re-up for permanent unemployment payments just dont do it with my money and dont do it by devaluing my money, property or increasing my debt, Its nothing but charity, and should be left to those that make a voluntary consious decision to take on new family members. What part of we're all really actually broke dont you get?

Let me ask you, are you saying that all the money I've paid into the unemployment benefit system over the last 25-30 years doesn't cover me, should I lose my job through no fault of my own? I mean, it's not like I had a choice but to contribute, but they would not consider it a tax because its final disposition was supposed to be to cover me in just such an event.

Everything you paid in has been spent, it's a ponzi scheme and they're cashed out and fat. Your've been screwed and now you want to steall from the rest of us? What'd we do to you? You seem to think that stealing more money from your nieghbors is better than taking if from the officers of the court that actually took it from you and wasted it on themselves. You've(we've) been hoodwinked, bamboozeld, lied to, and now you want to get payback from the wrong party because youre entitled?
THERE IS NO MONEY. ALL OF IT HAS TO BE BORROWED FROM US. I'm frikken sorry to be the one to tell you that you can't pay yourself and make a profit. If you try, those in the know will devalue your money before you can devalue it.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by thatredpill]

[edit on 27-2-2010 by thatredpill]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Evita, Good for you, youre lucky, but that doesnt change a thing for a country of permanently indentured servants,. You may be in the top 1%, but the rest are not gonna do well,

Not Close to 1%

If fact , I should be along side you , denying this Extension.

I'm Self Employed, I don't qualify for Unemployment.

Never will recieve any.

But I see the big Picture of other people.

They are the Collateral damage of the Corporatist , of the Banksters .

Through no fault of there own, not lazyness, not stupid.

They are on the recieving end of the # stick.

I'm in the same same position as you then, no unemployment for me, I dont expect to get any social security, my business has been foreclosed, I owe the banks money for their intentional torpedoing of it, refusing to lose only 20% they will instead lose at least 50%, 20 employees out of work, many now uninsurable, no cobra etc. No bennies. There's a reality there that has to be accepted, not one that cries and make demands for for more abuse of the public by the officers of the court.
I'm not happy, I don't expect to survive, but I'm not playing the game anymore. I'm old and had my run, now it's to make sure that those that I care for are taken care of any way I see fit to do so. No insurance against the inevitable, I dont expect to live forever and dont expect or ask for charity form anyone.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thatredpill

I don't know for sure where your head is at right now, but please don't do anything stupid.

Don't give up, you're not alone... I've encountered many small business owners who are going through exactly what you are now.

This is the United States of America, I assure you, we THE PEOPLE will rise above this recession.

No matter how bad you have it there are always others who have it worse, and still find the faith and strength to keep going.

Hang in there friend, don't give up on life.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I'm not happy, I don't expect to survive, but I'm not playing the game anymore. I'm old and had my run, now it's to make sure that those that I care for are taken care of any way I see fit to do so. No insurance against the inevitable, I dont expect to live forever and dont expect or ask for charity form anyone.

Hey now, when you write stuff like that you better hope your REAL thinking cap is on and working,
There's 2 ways to take that, youre sick and dying or youre going to take yourself out.
You have family? People that love you?
You better drop that way of thinking real quick mister.
Holding a $1 bill in your hand or a $100 bill in your hand doesnt mean squat to those that love you, need to hear your voice and opinion, and be there to help them.
So it gets rough, you go through it together.
Talking like youre talking sounds like youre OKAY with really messing up your loved ones minds and making it even MORE difficult to LIVE A LIFE.
YOURE NEEDED, there's no way around that truth.
Look into the eyes of those loved ones counting ON you, not counting $, but counting on you.
Youre old? Good, means you got experience, USE IT.
Now step out of that pit trap we all fall into and get back on the trail.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
www.dailyfinance.com...

Bunning has suggested that the government should pay for the extensions with unspent money from the economic recovery package enacted a year ago, but Democrats did not approve.

Of course Democrats did not approve. That would make too much sense.

Spend money already allocated for economic recovery that hasn't been spent yet? Or spend more money that we don't have?

Senator Bunning should be praised for taking this stand. Use money already allocated and not spent yet, instead of spending more money.

Senator Bunning is owed an apology.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
www.dailyfinance.com...

Bunning has suggested that the government should pay for the extensions with unspent money from the economic recovery package enacted a year ago, but Democrats did not approve.

Of course Democrats did not approve.

Ofcourse it didnt, that money is still being allocated to future projects that will secure and provide more jobs in the near future.

You know what would make sense? If Sen. Bunning grew some and suggested cutting the military budget and aid to Israel to fund the extension? We dont live in the cold war anymore. Israel has been a burden to this nations foreign affairs... why on earth do we continue to pay billions?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

www.dailyfinance.com...

Of course Democrats did not approve.

Ofcourse it didnt, that money is still being allocated to future projects that will secure and provide more jobs in the near future.

You know what would make sense? If Sen. Bunning grew some and suggested cutting the military budget and aid to Israel to fund the extension? We dont live in the cold war anymore. Israel has been a burden to this nations foreign affairs... why on earth do we continue to pay billions?

More sense? Are you serious? Bunning suggests using money meant for economic recovery to help extend benefits for people affected by the economy, and you suggest using money out of the military budget?

Come on! (We need a facepalm smiley)

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
www.freep.com...

From the article--
"... Bunning refused to lift his objection unless supporters of the legislation explained how they would pay for it. ..."

Why is it that we cry for Representatives who are reasonably responsible and who want to know details about the legislation they pass, such as cost and how will it be paid for, BUT when we finally get one, he is a Devil Incarnate? I can tell you why. He is a Republican who is holding Democratic Senator Harry Reid's feet to the fire. ( See the first part of the article below )

democrats.senate.gov...
"...January 28, 2010

Reid: Pay-As-You-Go Rules Will Reduce Our Deficit, Promote Common Sense Spending

Washington, D.C.—Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid delivered the following remarks on the Senate floor today about proposed pay-as-you-go legislation. Below are his remarks as prepared for delivery:

“Let’s not kid ourselves: we are in this financial situation – and these pay-as-you-go rules are necessary – because we spent the last decade spending money we didn’t have. We spent trillions on two wars, tax breaks for multimillionaires and corporations, and other policies. Those days are over. We simply can no longer afford it.

“The idea behind pay-as-you-go is simple. The rule we’re proposing for the government is the same one Americans use every day in their own lives, the same one we teach our children: In order to spend a dollar, we have to have that dollar in our wallet. ...."

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rawiea

Here are the facts...we have no money so all their paychecks should not be cut. That's right Pay as we go..and we don't have the money to afford congress. Are they idiots? Certain things are fine to pay for yet others are not. It seems whenever the people might actually benefit from some help the government does everything to limit the amount a citizen actual gets.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I saw a post on here where somebody said that rep. don't vote for unemployment extensions, which is wrong. Bush approved a extension during his first term...
Now about these cries about the "military industrial complex". The economy would not be in such bad shape if we actually manufactured our own munitions and vehicles. Remember that WWII helped us rise out of the first depression and helped us to revolutionize assembly line production. Maybe if the US actually built things here as opposed to overseas.
I've been unemployed for over a year thanks to the economy! The problem is I cannot afford to work for minimum wage. Work for less than what I earn from the money WE who worked, put into unemployment? It's still nice to see the other frivolous spending from the government in action! I live in NY the land where taxing big business more than anyone else drove them away. GE used to be a major employer, but they got overtaxed while a local college lives tax free and owns the lions share of residential property, that is tax free!
Sen. Bunning looked like a tool for what he said, but I can't help but think he made the perfect lighting rod to distract from something else. But hey passing the health care bill is the most important thing this administration has to do
Watch the left hand cuz the right is doing something we don't want you to see!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Senator Bunning wants to use some unspent Stimulus money to extend unemployment benefits. The Democrats do not want to use the money not spent to help the people affected by the economy.

Yet Bunning is getting the heat for this?

The money is there. Democrats don't want to help the unemployed with that money.

Why don't Democrats want to help the unemployed???

WHY?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am not going to read all the pages in this thread, but for those of you who think you must have your unemployment benefits, I have a few questions for you.

Are you willing to take any job? Garbageman? Waitress at Denny's?

You have already been getting free money for nothing, and it has even been extended multiple times. What gives you the right to demand more?

Is your income your responsibility?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

More sense? Are you serious? Bunning suggests using money meant for economic recovery

Money meant to maintain and create more jobs. You cannot expect the problem to be solved by taking the money maintaining and creating other jobs to fund those people without jobs. Most of the funds in the current economic recovery act are still going towards projects to keep many jobs afloat. Taking money out of that to extend the unemployed will just cause further unemployment. Meanwhile we're spending billions on Israel, on the military industrial complex, more than we did during the cold war, and you dont see the sense in cutting that down? Are you serious?

Why not cut the military budget carseller? Seriously? Why do we need to maintain such an oversized military? We inreased military expenditure by $1 trillion over the last 10 years. What doesnt make sense about cutting it down??

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Money for nothing? So what was all that money I paid into unemployment? How about some real effort to improve to job market? I worked on circuit boards and such so I have a slight problem with burger flipping

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join