It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seized Iran militant 'confesses' to US help offer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Seized Iran militant 'confesses' to US help offer

news.yahoo.com

Captured Iranian Sunni militant Abdolmalek Rigi said in a "confession" aired on state television Friday that the United States offered to provide him with military aid to battle the Islamic regime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
His damning confession continues

The Americans "said they would cooperate with us and will give me military equipment," Rigi said in a pre-recorded statement broadcast on Iran's state-run English-language Press TV.

"They also promised to give us a base along the border with Afghanistan near Iran," said the ringleader, stubble-faced, wearing blue prison pyjamas and speaking in Farsi.

Here is a You Tube Video which was aired in Iran, the terrorist confessing in the video

No major MSM has covered this in US & UK. As usual the Pentagon has denied offering political and financial support to the Jundallah terrorist group as part of efforts to weaken the Tehran government.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-2-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Related
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Will be interesting to see what will become of this

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

hmmm, Iran wouldn’t even think about torturing him into a confession, No not the beloved Mullahs, the never do anything wrong.

online.wsj.com...

www.guardian.co.uk/.../iran-islamic-1979-revolution-anniversary

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6991081.ece

www.nj.com.../base/international-25/1266252382216740.xml&storylist=international

I mean thats just a few, stories out of hundreds. Now I am well aware that the American Government is more than capable of doing what this guy suggested. HOWEVER, The Mullahs are known for their own propaganda spinning, You should be well aware of this.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

they have their properganda machines and you have Fox news
both countries torture for info and have people in their countries which support it (many US posters on ATS have shown they support torture for national gain)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm sure the "U.S" told this dirtball they are no longer after Al-Queda and the Taliban...

All stationed soldiers WISH that were true, so they can pack up and fly home to see their families.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm not sure this is that surprising. The U.S. has a long history of helping those that oppose their enemy.

Thats how Bin Laden got into power. Same with Hussein.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think this was the evidence that Iran was referring too just 2-3 days ago but not sure. Would be more interesting if they release some secret documents etc. but I doubt it.

Another curious thing I noted is that USA has never aired any terrorist confession on television (i dont recall any, if I am wrong please post the video here of confession) like this but Iran has.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The CIA has done this in the past backing one group to eliminate others and then when the one we helped in the past get to strong we are against them. There is a pretty bad track record in the middle east with USA if you research it. One instance off the top of the head would be Saddam Hussein/Iraq against Iran.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Do you realise how large the country of Iran is?

And the regime can hardly police the capital at times.....

And the south is lawless in some provinces.....

the regime hasn't a clue who is who, and they blame the west for everything. It's obvious and typical of the regime to anyone with half a brain.

Just because they torture someone and they confess to be a western spy does not mean they were actually a western spy. Anyone would confess to anything under conditions of threatened rape and death!

[edit on 26-2-2010 by john124]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

hows that diffrent from you people blaming most the troubles on the middle east?

The US blames Iran and other countries when it comes to supporting groups and so on.

looking at a glass house here.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by john124

hows that diffrent from you people blaming most the troubles on the middle east?

The US blames Iran and other countries when it comes to supporting groups and so on.

looking at a glass house here.

1)I dont know that the US blames all it's problems on the middle east.
2)You people?

3)No one is claiming the US is the most ethical country in the world.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
2)You people?

should i have said your Type of people
by the way (
) is intresting to look at very (whats the word) tantalizing.

i didnt say people are claiming the US is a ethical country
you do have a nice sense of an imagination

i am merly pointing out Iran Blames the US for problems and Vice versa The US does the same.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Do you realise how large the country of Iran is? And the regime can hardly police the capital at times.....And the south is lawless in some provinces.....
the regime hasn't a clue who is who, and they blame the west for everything. It's obvious and typical of the regime to anyone with half a brain. Just because they torture someone and they confess to be a western spy does not mean they were actually a western spy. Anyone would confess to anything under conditions of threatened rape and death![edit on 26-2-2010 by john124]

I believe then you absolutely have no clue about the 2006 Iran Freedom Support Act?

U.S. foreign policy employs subversive modus operandi. The 2006 Iran Freedom Support Act allocates millions of dollars authorizing U.S. intelligence agencies to support groups opposed to the Iranian government. This law is fashioned after the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, a law that paved the way for invasion and the overthrow of Saddam Hussein. The threats of attacking Iran are in the air. Meanwhile, U.S. intelligence agencies enjoy the legal mandate to destabilize the Iranian government and possibly reverse the Islamic revolution by sowing seeds of confusion and anarchy.

Ongoing US special operations in Iran include funding ethnic-separatist terrorist groups such as the al-Qaeda-linked Jundallah in Baluchistan. With some rare exceptions, this dimension has not been touched by the mainstream media. Iranian officials have linked the recent suicide bombing of a Shia mosque in Zahedan, in Sistan-Baluchistan, to U.S., British and Israeli support for the Jundullah Sunni Muslim separatist group.

According to the journalist Seymour Hersh, writing in the New Yorker 2006 article, covert operations by the CIA and the Joint Special Operations Command were used to support the PJAK Kurdish dissident group in northern Iran, the disaffected ethnic Arab minority in Khuzestan in the south-west, and militant Baluchi Sunni Muslim separatists in the south-east, bordering Pakistan.

While not officially acknowledged or disavowed in the U.S., the covert programme has been repeatedly linked by Iran to ongoing violence, bomb attacks and assassinations and the recent kidnapping of Iranian Nuclear Scientist in all three areas, as well as to the main external opposition group, the Mojahedin-e-Khalq now known as N.C.R (based in Europe and Israel), which is allegedly funded and armed by the U.S. Iran also occasionally claims to have evidence of involvement by Israel’s Mossad spy agency and British intelligence.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

2)You people?

should i have said your Type of people
by the way (
) is intresting to look at very (whats the word) tantalizing.

i didnt say people are claiming the US is a ethical country
you do have a nice sense of an imagination

i am merly pointing out Iran Blames the US for problems and Vice versa The US does the same.

You pointed out the unethical actions of america. I was simply saying that they are known to most of us.

I still dont know how americans are 'you people' or 'your type of people'. You do realize that there is a difference between the government of america and the people of america, right?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You pointed out the unethical actions of america. I was simply saying that they are known to most of us.

I still dont know how americans are 'you people' or 'your type of people'. You do realize that there is a difference between the government of america and the people of america, right?

ok then, what about the americans who actualy support these actions and think like that. at the end of the Day it may be the goverment but there are people out there that think like that.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

ok then, what about the americans who actualy support these actions and think like that. at the end of the Day it may be the goverment but there are people out there that think like that.

Absolutely, but if you think that it is all americans that think like that, you are quite wrong.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Soon after the October bombing, Revolutionary Guards chief Mohammad Ali Jafari demanded Islamabad hand over Rigi because Tehran had "proof" he was backed by Pakistan's intelligence agency.

Was it the U.S. or the Pakistanis? Make up your dam mind! Sheesh!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Absolutely, but if you think that it is all americans that think like that, you are quite wrong.

then on that Note i apoligise for putting all americans into one group,
wasnt my intentions, so if thats how it sounded like my bad.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

then on that Note i apoligise for putting all americans into one group,
wasnt my intentions, so if thats how it sounded like my bad.

No worries, and I hope you didnt take this as me attacking or anything. I was just pointing something out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join