It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial prediction *my opinion*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I am just a regular dude. So don't use this prediction to buy or sell financial securities.

I just wanted to write this down for future reference.

We will see if I can do any worse than the people that get the big bucks doing this.

now-Q3
Markets will deflate to sub 7000 on the Dow. Dollar index will rise to 90+ in a de-flationary assault.

Q4 2010 we will see inflation take over as the dollar index falls below 70, and markets get pumped back above 10,000. Oil approaches 90$/ barrel.

Q1-Q3 2011

Inflation is absolutely ridiculous as gold reaches 8000 an ounce and silver breaks 350$ an ounce. The Dow jones industrial average soars to 16,000.

Q4 2011.

Full blown Chaos, hope you stocked up on canned goods and shotgun shells.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

at the rate things are going id pretty much agree with you, especially since the relations with china are a little rocky, the U.S needs to come up with something quick, something that doesn't involve Obama still being president

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wonder who will finance the military...it appears that the US is wanting to be less productive, and more dependant. I would agree things look bleak, and it is almost impossible to imagine how there could be any future in continuing to increase tax and increase benefits and increase beurocracy, with more government employees...What about increasing productivity...as in making products...WHEN WILL THAT HAPPEN? instead it appears the biggest business' is pharmacy, insurances and financial speculations (wall street)
Oh, and of course petrol and military
- both seem to be US owned but opperated elsewhere...
Bleak indeed.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The US government is now 100% completely owned and manipulated by corporations, banks, and WallStreet. If people fail to see that they are stupid. We have seen the complete financialization of the US economy thanks to our government and the corporation. The corporation has no loyalty to anyone or anything except those who control and run it. I.e. the board of directors, the CEOs, and the wealthy elite shareholders. The middle class shareholders investing in your average corporation are powerless and just along for the ride. Thomas Jefferson said way back when banks were more dangerous than standing armies. The US Federal Reserve was instituted way back in 1913. I can't say we haven't had PLENTY of time as a country to change course. But as usual we've been asleep at the wheel. Allowing ourselves to be controlled and manipulated.

The people who control the banks and the corporations are hyperglobalists. They don't care about national sovereignty. The more markets that open up the happier they are. The US government has now gone hyperglobalist as well since they are the mercy of these corporations and financial institutions. The people that run both do not care about Americans. They don't need America. All they need is cheap labor, spend crazy consumers and other countries resources. They have houses and assets and capital all over the world. We passed "1984" decades ago. America in my opinion is full blown fascist.

The American peopel are just too stupid and too powerless to do anything about it. Greece blew up a JP Morgan bank location. Our patriots of yesteryear would have tar and feathered the politicians of today.................OR WORSE! Americans can't even collectively come together and protest anymore. We are divided......bickering about liberal this conservative that. Divide and conquer.......oldest trick in the book. The US government has single handedly managed to destroy 200 years of progress in a few decades. The jobs outlook is grim and will stay that way for decades. The only thing we have going for us is our out of control military and multibillion dollar defense industry proppping it up.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Yep, you absolutely nailed it.

I used to think maybe I was supposed to somehow change the world and fix it.

I have realized that that was a flawed line of reasoning, and have embarked on the pursuit of happiness.

Life is just as interesting, just not quite as disappointing as it was.

new topics

top topics

join