It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symptoms of a chronic haunting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
At the age of 16-17 years old, I had a friend get involved in witchcraft. His mother's friend was a "witch": not sure of what practice, but she began to teach him some of the tricks of the trade.

I bought into none of it and found it silly, which frustrated him. He showed up at my house one night, after a few weeks of this and claimed he had cast a demon in attempt to make me believe him, and he he had come back in attempt to rid the house of it since he felt guilty and scared of what he might have done.

I will admit at that age I was very gullible and am still unsure of what I believe, what really happened, and what was just total imagination. He claimed we had to turn off all the lights and get the demon's attention so he could say a "spell" to make it go away. During this rigmarole, the only thing I noticed was what appeared to be two glowing eyes in upper corner of my room. We found out later that the eyes were simply caused by light shining through the crack in the door, but I could never figure out why I didn't notice it before in the 4 years of living in that room. We moved out of the house shortly thereafter and I didn't think about it for years. Moving on..

About 10 years ago, I started experiencing bouts of paranormal type activity in several houses. It didn't happen in every place I lived, but many of them. Doors being opened, lights turned on and off, out of place shadows. Usually I didn't feel threatened or hardy even scared by it. I simply brushed it off as either my imagination or accepted it was there and was merely incidental.

At one point, I had a string of 30-40 nights in my former house where I would wake up a 3am every night and would be scared as hell but not know why. Then it stopped abruptly as it started. Maybe it was just me freaking myself out, I could never tell for sure.

In my most recent house weird activity has begun again. Except the most prevalent activity is a thump. I notice it 2 or 3 times a night and it is a thump that pervades the entire house. I have stood outside and heard it THUMP inside my house so I know it is not coming from an external source.

My fear is maybe this demon thing from my teenage years really did happen and that is what I'm dealing with? Or maybe I have an overactive imagination and just scare myself easily.

I'm starting to wonder if I am experiencing a chronic haunting that is following me, or perhaps I'm am just sensitive to this type of activity and am getting excited over nothing....

I'm a novice at this stuff, but any advice or similar stories would be great to hear.

And skeptics are welcome, I'd love for you to convince me this isn't happening because I don't want to believe that it is.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There is a physiological explanation for the three am wake up. I seem to remember something about the turning point where decreasing blood sugar level reach their lowest and then sugar levels start to rise.

Why should the entity suddenly start acting up after 10 years of quiet?

I would go and see someone reputable and have then look at the situation. Do not park you r common sense outside before you meet with the person and on no account get seen over the internet. Have a face to face meeting. There are so many possibilities some relatively positive and some quite negative. So self diagnosis is not advised.

T

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hello slicely, thank you for sharing your story. I do not believe that it is the "demon" from your childhood.

As you said, you may just be in-tuned to this sort of thing. Has anyone else ever experienced these things with you? The sounds you hear now, are they around the same times everyday, or random? Have you taken any pictures of your current place? You could set up a voice recorder and try to get something on tape, the banging for instance. Have you ever seen a ghost? Keep us up to date as to what is going on, and again, thank you for the post.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't care what these other people are saying, this is a demon. Not a creature from hell sent to wreak havoc upon you, But negative energy from an unknown force. I know it's a demon because it seems to be following you, Normal Ghosts will just try to get your attentsion, Demons will latch onto you, and mess with you, and feed off of you. It may be the same one from your childhood, and it had just been dormant, as you probably forgot about it, and went about living your life. The reason it has probably started up again is because you are paying attention to it. Whether it be on purpose or just subconsiously. You have let the energy grow. It is all in your head this thing feeds off of your brain energy. It is nothing without you, But it is still a part of you, which is what makes it hard to get rid of. You just need to do something to rid it from your brain, I wouldn't go as far as to say an excorsism, because it seems to be mild activity, But something along those lines. It's all in your head, But it is not you. Scientists will claim that Ghosts, Or demons are just made up in the human mind, But the fact is they exsist, and they feed off the human mind. It is nothing but Negative energy, Just remember that. I have had a lot! of experience with ghosts, and the act of proclaiming yourself as the higher being will put it down. You cannot give into it, Do not be scarred, do not fear it, For that will only make it stronger. You can call me crazy, say whatever you want, But I have had too many experiences with this to think of myself as crazy. Just do whatever you can to get rid of it, But don't feed it, Keep control of yourself, before it gets control of you. If reading the bible gives you strength do that! Just do whatever you can before it gets worse. Good Luck.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
To respond -

My wife has experienced a lot of what has happened in our house and our former house, although the activity here has been much more active than any houses previous. It is never anything extreme, just a door slamming upstairs when all the windows are closed- a light turning on. Typically it happens in spurts. When we had our son it was very active for the first month we had him home and then died off.

The thumps have been happening usually at night, although I'm rarely home during the day. I usually notice them in the evening.

I kind of understand the mental aspect about it which is why I fight the idea of being scared of it. When the thumps happen, I'm so suspect of where the sound is coming from that I'm rarely scared.

I will reiterate that I have not felt a threatening presence ever, which I feel like I would and is also why I haven't been alarmed. However this thumping has had me thinking and was the reason why I finally decided to post. Like I said before, I'm as skeptical as I can possibly be, but almost more for my own sanity. Both my wife have witnessed activity that has eliminated the doubt of it being happenstance...

Since it hasn't ever gotten to the point where I'm really truly worried, I haven't bothered to hire a psychic or team - not that I could afford to anyway - but I worry that if there is something to this an investigator or psychic could just stir it up and make it worse.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Your concerns are reasonable, given the circumstances, imo

As others have said, you may be 'sensitive' anyway, regardless of your friend's claims when you were younger

If these incidents had occurred in only one house, I'm pretty sure you would have written it off

However, you say you've experienced similar in several houses, also that the incidents intensified for a while after your son was born

So, you may be correct in suspecting 'something' has attached itself to you. Fortunately, you don't feel overly alarmed or disturbed by the situation, nor do you feel threatened, which indicates that whatever it is doesn't wish you harm

As the thread progresses, there may be those who'll advise that they've experienced similar to you and they feel it's a deceased family member
'watching over' you and yours

I don't know

Several 'hauntings' which have been investigated (the Enfield case, for one) have raised the possibility that items, including second-hand pieces of furniture for example, have been the source of the disruption. I've an open-mind on that aspect. Maybe you picked up a nice old chair or table or etc. during your travels ? Is there anything in the house (and it could be quite ordinary and easily overlooked) about which you or your wife initially had reservations -- for example a fantastic old bed that you were able to buy at great price ?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There isn't anything I can think of offhand which we've picked up that might lend itself to that theory..but we do tend to pick up antiques and shop at thrift stores quite a bit so who knows?

I kind of do feel like I am somewhat sensitive to this type of thing, but not in the psychic sense, maybe more that I'm just open to it and willing to let it happen? I'd prefer to think that.

My problem is thinking about what has happened to me is usually a LOT scarier than when it is actually happening.

At our old place, there was a mirror in the dining room that reflected the hallway to our bedroom and bathroom. When sitting in the living room, both my wife and I would see a shadow that would traverse back and forth in that mirror going from our bedroom to the bathroom and back. We would marvel at watching it, but could never watch it happen directly and for some reason were never upset about it.

I feel like if this was a malevolent presence that was really following me, something truly scary would have happened by now. But my worry stems from the idea that sometimes these things linger until they sense the right opportunity. Either way, I appreciate everyone's input. I guess the point of posting was just to get it off my chest and talk about it in a place where people wouldn't think that I'm crazy.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
funny that as I'm writing this, I hear scratching in the wall that is pretty darn freaky. Hope that is a squirrel.

new topics

top topics

join