It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyder Flare possibility?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for that Phage but that link is still relevant to this thread why is there so little on the net about these like i say never seen one so it's intresting to me anyway.

THANKYOU

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Filaments (also known as prominences) are common but this is a big one. Hyder flares seem to be a pretty rare event. Usually the filaments get ejected from the Sun rather than falling to the surface.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

[edit on 2/23/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If this is such a huge sized formation (1 million Km) and a quite unnusual event and, moreover, has the potential to cause severe damages to our planet, how come there's nothing about it in the mainstream media?
It's looking like they're avoiding talking about it not to to spread panic.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei
how come there's nothing about it in the mainstream media?
It's looking like they're avoiding talking about it not to to spread panic.

They are too busy getting ready for the possibility of a 2nd Tiger Woods apology.

I think its too early to tell. Can some one please add the solor wind / Magnetosphere graphs? I am having no luck finding them.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That looks scary to me and the size on this one pointing towards us too that don't make me feel fuzzy at all.
Maybe it will hold on a bit longer till its not facing us just kidding we should be fine they have happened before and nothing bad happened thanks for that vid Phage.
Edit to add Real-time Magnetosphere Simulation
www2.nict.go.jp...

THANKYOU

[edit on 122828p://2010-02-23T12:05:09-06:00232 by mars1]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
We have had a few of these before. I think back in the late 1990`s we had a big one.

Nothing took place although they are interesting.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Update from spaceweather.com...

GREAT FILAMENT, CONTINUED: For the seventh day in a row, an enormous magnetic filament is hanging suspended above the surface of the sun's southern hemisphere. The Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) has a great view. How long can it last? Solar filaments are unpredictable. If this one collapses and hits the stellar surface, the impact could produce a powerful Hyder flare. Readers with solar telescopes are encouraged to monitor developments.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I'm not worried about earth it has quite a strong shield. However satellites are pretty much unprotected. In the end nothing at all might happen which might the best out come as billions won't be prepared for a massive satellite downtime.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by broli]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by broli
I'm not worried about earth it has quite a strong shield. However satellites are pretty much unprotected. In the end nothing at all might happen which might the best out come as billions won't be prepared for a massive satellite downtime.

I thought there is a major tear/breach in the earths magnetosphere? Am I incorrect?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This thing is just waiting to go POP, look at the size of it.

Not the end of the world but if we get a Hyder Flare we could possibility see some damage to satellites, if this is the case it could bring half the world to a halt. So many systems depend on things like GPS, A friend of mine made a call to the Canadian defense and asked if they were prepared for a Carrington event like in the 1800's... The response was "I will get back to you" this is after them stating they were prepared for just about everything. When he got the call back it was like "NO we are prepared for everything but that"

We have outdated power grids, grids that haven't been updated even though everything running on the grid has been more than updated. This could literally throw us back into the dark ages, and I hope it does. It we be a great lesson for humanity, that lesson will be "Use technology to save lives, Not to destroy them through greed and power" if we spend more time researching things like Hyder Flares and upgrading our outdated power grids instead of creating sophisticated GPS weapon systems we might of been prepared for this.

I don't see this as doom and gloom, more of a lesson to humanity.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

Correct there have been several breeches in the Magnetosphere.

Many of you may find this very interesting.

Here is a interview from a friend of mine, he got the opportunity to speak to Chris2191970 (YouTube member) who sadly passed away R.I.P Chris. For those of you who don't know Chris I suggest you look at some of the amazing research he has done over the years.

YouTube Channel

Interview

You will be missed Chris

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

The "breaches" in the magnetosphere happen periodically. They are are a temporary phenomenon which occur when the Earth's magnetic field connects with the magnetic field of the solar wind. What happens is not really a breach or a hole but more like a conduit which allows more charged particles than usual to enter the magnetosphere. The particles in themselves pose no danger, they eventually get sent on their way into the solar system or settle into the atmosphere at the poles (with no ill effects).

However, if a geomagnetic storm occurs at a time at which the magnetosphere is loaded with these "extra" particles it could cause the disturbance to be more intense than otherwise.

The "breaches" do not allow solar radiation free access to Earth.

[edit on 2/24/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Do you think there could be a connection between these breaches and the recent Earthquake, Volcano activity?

As well as a direct effect on human neurological systems, many people have reported headaches, sudden emotional changes.. and so forth in times of high Solar Activity including myself.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

I don't think there is any connection with volcanic or earthquake activity.

I understand that there are some studies which indicate a correlation with geomagnetic activity and physiological effects but there is some contradictory information about what those effects are. I'm not convinced.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This is one study that caught my eye.

By Mitch Battros - Earth Changes Media
Dec 12, 2008 - 12:39:17 PM

A recent study published today in the NewScientist, indicates a direct connection between the Sun's solar storms and human biological effect. The conduit which facilitates the charged particles from the Sun to human disturbance -- is the very same conduit which steers Earth's weather ----- The Magnetic Field. Yes, animals and humans have a magnetic field which surrounds them -- in the very same way the magnetic field surrounds the Earth as a protector.Source

I do understand though that a lot of what's in the article is just theory, and IMHO we are far from understanding the effects of solar activity.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

The conduit which facilitates the charged particles from the Sun to human disturbance -- is the very same conduit which steers Earth's weather ----- The Magnetic Field.

I know it has nothing to do with the study but this is a false statement. There is no evidence to show, or much reason to believe, that the magnetosphere has any influence on weather.

That study by Shumilov is one of the ones I was referring to.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well been on Google trying to find more information on Hyder Flares and come up with ............... Nothing. Well nothing that hasn't been covered already, seems anything I did find took me to a dead link.

I would really appreciate if anyone could find anything more on Hyder Flares. Especially dates of previous Hyder Flares.

Looks like I may have to make a few phone calls

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think it disappeared or collapsed between the current image and the previous one. Actually it looks more like it disconnected.

current sun images

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

Yes. No indication of an x-ray flare.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by broli

Yes. No indication of an x-ray flare.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Not questioning you, but the dates on that link stop before the 21st. So I went to www.swpc.noaa.gov... but still the same dates but the "Satelite Environment Plot"(?) had up to the 25th UTC, although I just dont get the info, but I DO understand there is not much of a change in anything... Thanks for the link!

Casing

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join