It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullet May Stay in Head, But Officer Will Recover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Bullet May Stay in Head, But Officer Will Recover

policelink.monster.com

A 45-year-old Pacific County man has been arrested in connection with the shooting Saturday of a State Patrol trooper on the Long Beach Peninsula.

The Seaview man, who was arrested Monday morning, was booked into the Pacific County Jail in South Bend for investigation of first-degree assault and attempted murder in the shooting of Trooper Scott Johnson.

The State Patrol is in the process of obtaining search warrants to obtain additional evidence in the shooting, according to a news release.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
seattletimes.nwsource.com
www.examiner.com

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This trooper is obviously very lucky. I bet he will keep his eyes more closely peeled on any approaching "shabby-looking" people in future stops. Being "local" and familiar with the usual demeanor of area residents there, he probably was a little too trusting. Bad stuff most often officers and troopers that get complacent and forget their training.

Nine law-enforcement officers have been shot in that general area since Halloween, and six of them died, that includes the infamous Lakewood shooting. The trend of shooting officers has risen drastically since late 2008. Its a shame that this is happening.

Secure

policelink.monster.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-2-2010 by xXxtremelySecure]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Prayers sent for the officer's speedy recovery.

There are a lot of dangerous characters out there, and we all need to be aware of our surroundings.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
There are a lot of dangerous characters out there, and we all need to be aware of our surroundings.

No kidding I think I am one of the few young officers out there that treat everyone with respect while still maintaining a safe distance and a ready weapon. I can't stand some of the veterans that get too comfortable and let safety go out the window. I want to go home at night.

Secure

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
My heart goes out to this officer and his family. I wish him a safe and speedy recovery. It's really sad this recent spree of cop shootings. What is this world coming to.

To me, all these people are doing is giving power to TPTB to take away our weapons. Some of us gun owners are not that stupid..

---------------
To xXxtremelySecure:

"No kidding I think I am one of the few young officers out there that treat everyone with respect ---"

I sincerely hope that is true. Too many police these days seem to be power hungry accusers of everyone. I live in a place where the police sadly have a "gun up cowboy everyone is a criminal even the old ladies GET SOME!" mentality. This is a quiet community with literally no violent crime yet everyone is treated like a gang banger or drug user. We have a lot of Meth heads here, but really you know as well as I do you can spot one of those tweakers 10 miles away.

In fact really the biggest problem here are minors with bonfire parties...

If there are Cops on ATS then there must be cops with open eyes to the real evils of this world. Hopefully that hunger is fed by the catching of the bad guys instead of the harassment of the little guy.

I applaud you xXxtremelySecure. I hope I never see the real you behind one of these horrible stories. BE SAFE!

[edit on 17-2-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

xXxtremely - are you a fellow Washingtonian? If so, I do hope that you are playing it safe out there. Unfortunately it seems that here in Western Washington especially there's another cop shot every other day or so. I know that there are bad cops out there just like there are bad apples in any other profession, but I still believe that most cops sincerely want to protect and serve their communities.

I used to hang out with a Tacoma cop who would always keep us laughing with stories about busting some of the gang members who were dealing crack around the Hilltop area (trying to run away with their pants half down) and he never really felt threatened - and these were gang members. It is a really sad state of things when you have to be on alert even when on a break.

Be careful out there xXx - from one citizen who still does respect and appreciate cops.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
My heart goes out to this officer and his family. I wish him a safe and speedy recovery. It's really sad this recent spree of cop shootings. What is this world coming to.

To me, all these people are doing is giving power to TPTB to take away our weapons. Some of us gun owners are not that stupid..

In fact really the biggest problem here are minors with bonfire parties...

If there are Cops on ATS then there must be cops with open eyes to the real evils of this world. Hopefully that hunger is fed by the catching of the bad guys instead of the harassment of the little guy.

I live in Virginia, I love the fact that in the area I live 1 in every 15-20 people has a firearm on them either CCW or open carry. I love the fact that our department has ran into plenty of situations where civilians have neutralized the problem when our cruiser have appeared. I cant tell you the number of times store robberies have been stopped...

About the Cops on ATS comment, in the department I work in officer have been fired for having a myspace or facebook page, so ATS would be a big no-no. I don't plan on my captain or anyone else finding out about ATS from me...

Secure

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

I used to hang out with a Tacoma cop who would always keep us laughing with stories about busting some of the gang members who were dealing crack around the Hilltop area (trying to run away with their pants half down) and he never really felt threatened - and these were gang members. It is a really sad state of things when you have to be on alert even when on a break.

Be careful out there xXx - from one citizen who still does respect and appreciate cops.

I live in Southern Virginia, here the gangs will fire back. I don't even eat out for my meal break anymore, I just brown bag it and find a parking lot.

Secure

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxtremelySecure
Its a shame that this is happening.

I agree, the whole situation is a tragedy.

Times are getting harder and the economy and corrupt leadership in government are cracking down both on peoples' wallets and respect for authority, simultaneously. And the results are ugly. But I believe it will get much worse before it gets better.

top topics

join