It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our world may be a giant hologram

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

this is a discovery about the smallest unit of TIME, actually.

Gravity waves detectors require the fastest clocks down around 10^ -44 second or something like that. This is a good article to get people thinking in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

It is to do with the paradox of "upper limit" and "infinite experiment regress" as Professor H.M. Collins details in his gravity wave project:

www.cardiff.ac.uk...

Here's a fascinating presentation on how to cut down measuring noise by using squeezed light constructs:

cgwp.gravity.psu.edu...

[edit on 17-2-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

cut down measuring noise by using squeezed light

That is a nice little PDF but I always thought of the Michelson Morley equipment as kind of Newtonian. Are we supposed to project this into some kind of transcendent phase-mirror light squeezing device?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Our world is a giant hologram*

Just sayin.....

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seanizle

"WE ARE NOT BUT SHADOW'S AND DUST MAXIMUS, SHADOWS AND DUST"

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Star and flag for you my Quantum friend, posts like these makes me go "hmm".

I will admit though, the whole idea is outside of my comfort zone. I'd rather like to think "we are what we see". But of course, I'd rather know the truth then live in ignorant bliss.

Peace,
FK

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Someone please inform the invading roaches in my house that they are not real!!!!lol...just kidding.

Very good read I actually read it a few months ago. Still, the whole concept is very interesting...didn't someone say that everything that we see is just the light that reflects off of said "matter"?

God spoke and He said "let there be light" maybe the judeo christian faiths aren't totally wrong?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
If we are just a hologram, then somebody...anybody, please hit the reset button...we seem to have glitches.

LOL. have your heard the 2011/2012 pole shift/ Law of one "harvest "/ Biblical apocalypse / Mayan or Hopi end date... etc, etc, etc

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

It's part of the LIGO set up.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

The "holographic principle" challenges our sensibilities. It seems hard to believe that you woke up, brushed your teeth and are reading this article because of something happening on the boundary of the universe. No one knows what it would mean for us if we really do live in a hologram, yet theorists have good reasons to believe that many aspects of the holographic principle are true.

Yeah, people are still buying this universe-is-a-hologram bullsh*t... NWO Illuminati scientists spread this propaganda while keep testing the effects of VERY REAL Blue Beam Project holograms, on people's mind, as the Norway spiral. I can see loads of believers going nuts, getting depressive or fully insane, thinking everything is a hologram, the life is unreal, the world is a matrix-like program, etc, etc. Oh boy...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-2-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It maybe a Hologram but it still hurts like hell if you get hit by a bus!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I find this a little too hard to swallow. Sure, we all perceive things as electrical impulses, but that doesn't mean it's not a real physical object. If I get hit by a stray bullet, didn't see it, or hear it coming, then what the hell hit me?

It does seem to explain a lot of phenomenon, however, I still think there is a real physical reality there.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I find it funny how we perceive things generally in such a limited spectrum and awareness, yet the source of all creation is infinitely more mind blowing than the little humans we are running around within.. one sentient creature per aspect of the hologram to be observed makes the whole thing exist.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spurge

The holographic universe model proposed by Susskind -- actually integrates quantum gravity and superstring theory as well -- here's a good overview of these foundational theories for physics:

www.ams.org...

But then Physics Nobel Laureate Brian Josephson comes to the rescue:

sms.cam.ac.uk...

[edit on 18-2-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
why are some people saying if this universe is a hologram that that means there must be a creator?

i mean...no matter what this all is..if it needs creating then so does the creator...the idea of a god doesnt answer any questions..it simply pushes any answer one step further away...

oh...seems david icke is right again...

[edit on 18-2-2010 by alienesque]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by spurge
I find this a little too hard to swallow. Sure, we all perceive things as electrical impulses, but that doesn't mean it's not a real physical object. If I get hit by a stray bullet, didn't see it, or hear it coming, then what the hell hit me?

It does seem to explain a lot of phenomenon, however, I still think there is a real physical reality there.

what is real?

to a figure in a computer game the stray bullet is also fatal...

by the way..einstein also said that everything is just an illusion..

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
No, Einstein said time (past, present and future) is an illusion. And that's the crux of it. Some people (ego-maniacal nuts IMHO) believe thoughts influence reality, other people believe reality isn't as we perceive it to be.

Are you making the above image move with your mind or is your mind fooling you into thinking the image is moving?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crito
No, Einstein said time (past, present and future) is an illusion. And that's the crux of it. Some people (ego-maniacal nuts IMHO) believe thoughts influence reality, other people believe reality isn't as we perceive it to be.

Are you making the above image move with your mind or is your mind fooling you into thinking the image is moving?

the latter...obviously...and i cant see how some people can be called ego-maniacal nuts simply for thinking theres more (or less?) to reality than we know at present...id say only ego-maniacal nuts claim to know everything..

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Well, some quantum guys really do believe the act of observing affects the outcome. They believe particles can somehow read your mind, see there are two slits in a piece of paper and magically split into 'virtual' pairs. And if you're so open minded, then consider the possibility the second law of thermodynamics, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and Schrodinger's wave functions are all WRONG, because that's the implication of time not really existing.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If its true, whats the point? What scientific purpose is there? It would of been a collosal project not just creating a planet but an entire universe with billions of unique galaxies. I just cant believe it, sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join