It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Antipode/Local Nidar of Australia is in the Atlantic Ocean...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
it maybe a way out theory but whilst I was observing the night sky in the Southern Hemisphere I had a little thought... well actually...a big thought

Australia is the Island of Atlantis. It isn't lost, never was, just misunderstood.

I know, that is a BIG claim but I will try to show why I now am convinced of it:

1. Lets look at Egypt for a moment. We know from the Egyptians that they were very interested in recording the stars and at that time it would have been the sky in the Northern Hemisphere Quite simply, if they tracked the movement of stars, they would have known that the stars, for eg, Sirius would have been travelling into or arising out of the underworld - The Duat

The Egyptians did not know of the Southern Hemisphere but were aware of an underworld and have called that, The Duat. If a star's transition moved below their horizon, it would be in the underworld.

Now we have aquired enough knowledge about our world to know that it is a sphere and it is not flat. We know that there is a Northern & Southern Hemisphere.

2. Ancient seafarers would travel into the unknown. They mapped their journey as best they could with the knowledge they had at the time.

The most important thing to note here is that any given reference point will have the exact same opposite coordinates For eg: Adelaide's coordinates are 34° 56' 0", the anti pode of Adelaide is exactly the same.

Here is a map and you can see how the local nadirs look:

Local Nadirs MAP designed by WENDY CARLOS

Find the point directly opposite you on the other side of the Earth. For a location on the black outline map, that spot on the inverted red map (or vice-versa) will be your Local Nadir, or Antipode.

Now this is not just mumbo jumbo, anti podes are important for astronomy.
Australia's Local Nadir fit very comfortably into the Atlantic Ocean, where Atlantis was supposed to have been.

3. Throughout history books, however vague, strange phenomena are noted, for eg:

[The King of the Formorians]
"wondered why the sun rose one morning in the west, instead of the customary east"
cited in, The Celts, Frank Delany, BBC Publications, Hodder and Stoughton, London, 1986 p. 61

Perhaps that is evidence of a magnetic reversal?

By magnetic reversal, or 'flip', we mean the process by which the North pole is transformed into a South pole and the South pole becomes a North pole.

We have no complete record of the history of any reversal.

We have limited evidence from geological measurements about the patterns of change in the magnetic field during a reversal.

Magnetic Reversals

It would be wonderful to have some information on Magnetic Reversals but alas there is none...

Oh just to add:

Considering that ships, planes and Boy Scouts steer by it, Earth's magnetic field is less reliable than you'd think. Rocks in an ancient lava flow in Oregon suggest that for a brief erratic span about 16 million years ago magnetic north shifted as much as 6 degrees per day. After little more than a week, a compass needle would have pointed toward Mexico City.When North goes South

There is a great simulation model at the above link

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Thurisaz]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I like way out theroys. It is a possiblity. But what about any ruins in Austraila? Or could the ruins be loacted at secret military bases or under the water on the coastlines? Star and Flag for thinking out of the "box" that most of us seem be be stuck in.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I like that antinode (anti-Earth) map. Makes it easy to find geo-opposites.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by (C2C)

this is a very interesting theory and not that crazy becuase i ve thought about it myself and i think u may be on to something here,there could be archeological evidence too probably near the coast underwater

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Can you tell my how antipodes are important in astronomy?

There is plenty of information on magnetic reversals. The last one occurred quite a long time ago, as your source says:

Even so, the current strength of the magnetic field is as high as it has been in the last 50,000 years, even if it is nearly 800,000 years since the last reversal.

But magnetic reversals have nothing to do with the positions of continents. Even if anyone had been around the last time it happened the only thing they would notice is that their compasses don't work so well...but I really don't think anyone had one at the time.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Again I agree with Phage here.. dang, that's starting to become a regular thing.

There is reason to think the Egyptians (and other cultures) may have visited Australia in the past. This based on the research of Brett Green, and layed out in his book "The Gympie Pyramid Story". His books were all based on the his grandfather's and great-grandfather's diaries of their time spent with the Gubbi Gubbi Tribe of the Cooloola District.

This district was and still is well know for the vast gold deposits found there among many other things... when white explorers first arrived they claimed nuggets could be found just laying on the ground.

Fortunately for me I have met Brett through my mentor and the ufo and paranormal research group she established 25+ years ago in that area. I have also seen the artifacts he has in his care, too many to list here, but all of which are pictured in the book mentioned. The one of interest here is a tall (3 feet) ornate silver ewer dated to the Egypto-Grecian period that was found in deep silt in what is now a shallow lake near the coast that in ancient times was a protected harbour with inlet from the sea.

In those diaries as mentioned are excellent hand drawings of the many ruins the Gubbi Gubbi took these two family members to see, and explained to them that it was the home of the Spider People and thus Taboo for the tribe to walk upon. On those depictions are found excellent reproductions of the archaic pictograms and hieroglyphic-like "writings" that were all over the standing stones and other parts of the ruins.

EDIT to add some links

Copied drawing here

Bing Search Result here

Enjoy.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

Yes, many thanks to Wendy Carlos. If you click on the link, you will find a lot of great info @ her site!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Phage
Can you tell my how antipodes are important in astronomy?

Well, if I am in the Southern Hemisphere and I want to calculate the position of constellations in the Northern Hemisphere, I would need to know the antipode to then reference it with the sky chart so that means I can view things I cannot see above me via a chart/map.

There is plenty of information on magnetic reversals. The last one occurred quite a long time ago, as your source says:

Even so, the current strength of the magnetic field is as high as it has been in the last 50,000 years, even if it is nearly 800,000 years since the last reversal.

Oh, yes there is information, but the point I failed to make,
is that: 'we have nothing conclusive, no scientific data to be absolutely sure of'

cheers

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Thurisaz]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Isn't the real problem less the magnetic pole reversal but the possibility of a crustal shift occurring as a result? Please comment.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by psychoacoustic1

Hi, well I am not sure of that. Logically, I 'guess' it would similar to an earthquake? As for crustal movements, archaeological evidence points that shifts generally are with the sea levels.

For eg: In the Southern Flinders Ranges, the entire area (millions of years ago) were completely submerged under water!

cheers

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by (C2C)

Well, I haven't heard of any evidence found in Australia ... but as far as Atlantis goes, we really only have Plato's writings that mention it at all. Plenty of info after Plato -> Herodotus, so it is all quite vague anyway.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Sounds very very possible but i'm no scientist.

i think if australia new it was atlantis then we'd be the first to rub it in everyone's faces.

as for ruins in austrlia, after watching the model of a polar shift i can't imagine anything would survive...

top topics

join