It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Pic; What do you make of it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hey All,

Wanted to get your thoughts on this picture. This was taken during my 1st deployment in 2006. Taken at FOB Hit (Forward Operating Base for those not familiar with military acronyms) by a buddy who was amazed at the construction quality of the little shed for just using hand tools. He took a pic and this is what showed up. There was no one standing there when he took the pic.

What are the chances that the file got corrupted along with another and part of another image embedded itself in this one? I don't know how because I have no other photos on the HD resembling this guy or even the pose.

The other strange thing is that this pic followed a sniper attack on the base and several Marines were injured or killed. I can neither confirm or deny this info as it was given to me by several people without knowledge of the picture.

Thoughts, opinions and theories on how this happened?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

That is seriously weird!

I always had a theory that ghosts where just the earths memory of the energy. However if the attack didn't happen until after you took the photo then I have no idea im sorry!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Two words.

Double exposure.

line 3

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I suppose it could be a spirit or memory imprint ... I am not really an expert on this things though ...

Interesting though ...

(oh and Wolf beat me to the memory imprint thoery while I was typing
)

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Nurv47]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
what i supposed to be seeing ??? dirty window ?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
A reflection in the glass?
I don't think it's any apparition. There also appears to be a reflection of an ipod as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You can easily do that with like a Cannon SLR. Put the camera for a long exposure time, wait a couple of seconds and walk in front. Easy as that

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Nothing to see here folks. Just a transparent soilder. Easily made transparent with Photoshop.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Was that originally taken on film or was it a digital image?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Am I wrong, or are there three guys superimposed over one another there? When I scroll to the right, I see what appears to be parts of three Different men.
And an Ipod!

[edit on 16-2-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

since the Ipod is there, I tend to fall into the reflection/double exposure crowd. But your buddy is right. Nice shed.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I do not see an IPOD... I see a label on the plywood side of the guard shack or whatever it is.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

That's what I thought at first, but after looking at it more, I see an iPod, with icons on it. The sign on the inside of the shed looks different.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Double exposure or long exposure.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I am ignorant of digital photo 'stuff'. Can you do a double exposure with a digital cam, or must it be photoshopped?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
ahh, i see, i dunno

img121.imageshack.us...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Whoa the FULL picture looks pretty freaky if it isnt double exposure but i still do not a see a FREAKIN iPOD!!! sometimes you guys disapoint me. :/

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli
Whoa the FULL picture looks pretty freaky if it isnt double exposure but i still do not a see a FREAKIN iPOD!!! sometimes you guys disapoint me. :/
I too see the iPod. Can you identify any of the icons on the screen? edit: Sorry I mis-read your post. You may be thinking that what others see as an iPod is a sign on the side of the shed, with the 'ghost' superimposed over it.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Exactly.

Also, on the larger image you can clearly see two other "ghosts" on top of the soldier, leaving the impression that the pic was taken while the soldier was in motion to lean up against the wall. Not very ghostly afterall.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It could be simply a long exposure, since I don't think digitals suffer from double exposures.
It looks like it's a dark day, camera can be set, or may be set automatically by poor light conditions for a long delay, and the static objects wouldn't change, but the fellow would.
Since none of the other objects are blurred, it was probably on a tripod, and that makes me think it was set up.

In my opinion, anyway. I'm just a amateur photographer, I'm sure someone with more experience can offer up a better explanation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join