It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scandalous: US law and anti-Satanic hysteria.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I hope the sheriff that reasoned that the absence of evidence PROVED THE CASE was voted out of office, Or more appropriately, run out of town on a rail.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

there are threads made about satanism almost every week, and you still think its just "low IQ kids" playing RPG games and acting out?

did you read the whole link you posted yourself? sounds like you are talking about theological satanists, which to be fair is what this cop is accussed of being.

if you have a much higher IQ than these "kids" then I suggest you read about about real, LaVeyan Satanism and try to understand it. actually dont, we dont want people like you anyway!

REGE SATANIS

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
reply to post by antonia

there are threads made about satanism almost every week, and you still think its just "low IQ kids" playing RPG games and acting out?

did you read the whole link you posted yourself? sounds like you are talking about theological satanists, which to be fair is what this cop is accussed of being.

if you have a much higher IQ than these "kids" then I suggest you read about about real, LaVeyan Satanism and try to understand it. actually dont, we dont want people like you anyway!

REGE SATANIS

I think you've proved her point, kid. A true, adept practitioneer of Satanism wouldn't feel compelled to divulge their propensity in an online forum. Chances are, you'd be much busier/content at doing something else.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
REGE SATANIS

Furthermore, the correct spelling is 'Rege Satanas' and not 'Rege Satanis'. If you're going to profess something, you should at least know what you're talking about, or at the very least, know how to spell your proclamations. Otherwise, you're just as meager as the Christians. IMO, ye're just as bad as each other in any case.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wow…interesting thread.

The hysteria of child and satanic ritual abuse all stems for the McMartin preschool trial of the 80’s. I am sure many of us here on ATS remember the trial and the wide coverage it received. This trial brought about a barrage of copycat claims and trials for a 10-year period. The McMartins' were found not guilty and the charges were dropped, but the whole process was long and hard for all parties concerned.

It usually began with a child’s claim to a psychologist after being giving a series of leading questions along with anatomically correct dolls that brought about the claims.

Yes, it was hysteria…bring sentiments of the Salem Witch Trials.
I was going through a divorce in the early 90’s and found myself with the same claims brought against me by my soon to be ex-wife and a Christian psychologist. I fought aggressively against the charges for 2 ½ years before the charges were dropped by the DA and presiding judge. I was arrested 4 times throughout the process and had my relationship with my children somewhat damaged. The Christian psychologist lost her license…I was one of many in the community she made false claims against.

Quickly, my relationship with my children was re-established, as my children were very young and quickly forgot it ever happened…I on the other hand struggled with trust issues for years and probably always will to a degree.

Repressed memories were a growing approach being used by clinical psychologist, which created the horrible situation. If charges were brought against you…you were guilty before being proven innocent.

Remember…in any situation, fight the good fight and you will prevail. A lot of lives affect during this time period!

Best,
rgseymour

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

Well in some cases it should be illegal to call anything "satanic" as long as it involves the uninmaginable crimes associated with this. The Wiccans have successfully sued when described as Satanic, and fundamentalists are now far more careful in their parlance on Wicca.

Hey kids, if you hate your parents just accuse your dad of incest and leading a satanic covern!
Works like a bomb!

(as for the rituals described by Icke - they might be better called "serpentinism", or "Babyloniansim", or whatever...)

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

You proved my point. If you had read deeply enough you would have noticed I said "most of the one I met, i doubt all of them are like that". I like how you spelled your hail wrong at the end. Completely sealed the deal.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rgseymour

An amazing first-hand testimony - thanks so much for every word.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I can see a whole lot of Christian bashing as well on here. There are the ones who call themselves Christians and do all manner of evil things in the name of Christianity and then there are real Christians that do good things for people and don't shove their beliefs down people's throats, but rather, just try to set an example. I just wanted to clear that up....not all Christians are like the Republican christ or the Democrat christ. A real Christian will watch the two slaughter each other and not get involved, after all.......what fellowship hath light with darkness?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Deny ignorance: McCarthy needed a PR flak to be sure -- but he was correct in his allegations. Soviet spies did infest the highest levels of the US government after WWII. They were, after all, our allies and FDR invted them here in their thousands. After the war, they simply never left.

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by ldyserenity

Despite our "civilized" pretensions we are not far removed from the "witch-hunts" and Dark Ages. Perhaps we are kidding ourselves that society is any more "enlightened" than it was 500 years ago (or even 1950s' McCarthyism).
The film "Goya's Ghosts" reminded me recently that if you apply the right pressure people will confess to anything.
So, fill people's head with diversionist sacpegoats, and they will not only believe anything, they will also allow anything, only to have false confessions support their paradigm.
A vicious circle really.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by joeofthemountain

Yeah I'm sure intellectuals like Brecht and the poet Ashbury, and other homosexuals were just the red-under-the-bed that endangered America.
Or maybe it was the "Red" Indians of the AIM movement?
How many careers were ruined for nothing?
Yeah, and many people believe John Lennon was killed becasue standing for "peace and love" was suddenly "communist".
Do people even remember that being linked to communism was like being the devil incarnate?

What you say is historical fact, and there was a measure of circular flow from the US to the USSR even before the war. However, it hardly accounted for the hysteria under McCarthy (and the odd true spy was missed in any case by this).
Interestingly, at the time there was never a witch-hunt for former Nazis in the US.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

The term "Satanist" is widely misunderstood. It means many things.
en.wikipedia.org...

Most of the "satanists" I met in my life were garden variety, low IQ failures who thought wearing black and scrawling demon names on walls was hot stuff. In other words, we are talking about dumb kids (well the ones i met anyway, i doubt all are like this). The image of this particular faith in America is influenced by Hollywood to a large extent. I don't ascribe to it at all but I think the use of these people as "bogey men" is just stupid.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by antonia]

You and I have had some heated battles in the past, but I'll have to agree with you on this one. These teens these days and some of the adults don't know what real Satanism is. They think it's just a "free thought" religion or something and for some, just a way to hang out with delinquent, likeminded, scholastic, parentally untrained castaways. They wear pentagrams and all black, wearing advertisment billboard shirts pitching Cannibal Corpse or Mushroomhead, but the real Satanist will have nothing to do with what they consider to be the bottom of the barrel. I for one, certainly don't have anything to do whatsoever with Satanism but what I do know (from indepth study) that the real Satanists are running our country and doing the true work of the Devil and they wear $200-$400 business suits, shakes your hand and kiss your babys' forhead all while planning your sacrifice to their god (G-uns O-il D-rugs).

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
here's another case on satanism: www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
They wear pentagrams and all black, wearing advertisment billboard shirts pitching Cannibal Corpse or Mushroomhead, but the real Satanist will have nothing to do with what they consider to be the bottom of the barrel. I for one, certainly don't have anything to do whatsoever with Satanism but what I do know (from indepth study) that the real Satanists are running our country and doing the true work of the Devil and they wear $200-$400 business suits, shakes your hand and kiss your babys' forhead all while planning your sacrifice to their god (G-uns O-il D-rugs).

I was told (and I read many times) that true satanism has a hierarchy. At the bottom you have the people we have discussed. Then you have the middle ground who blend in with society and then you top level. The bottom is used as fodder according to some and the middle is just interface as the top want little to do with them. Although I don't think it's really accurate to call these people "satanists". I think someone else pegged it best when they called it "Babylonian". These people see to take more from the old mystery schools than LeVey or his ilk. As for these cases, I really doubt most people have met a true practitioner of this crap in their lifetime. A lot of poor people have been caught up in witchhunts and it's a shame.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I'm not in a position to refute the arguments, but in a historical context do people realize that early generations of Christians were accused of child-sacrifice, disgusting rites and banned from AD 70 to Constantine in AD 325?!
The Jews are still accused of child-sacrifice in conspiracy theory, including by David Icke.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The term "Satanist" is widely misunderstood. It means many things.
en.wikipedia.org...

Most of the "satanists" I met in my life were garden variety, low IQ failures who thought wearing black and scrawling demon names on walls was hot stuff. In other words, we are talking about dumb kids (well the ones i met anyway, i doubt all are like this). The image of this particular faith in America is influenced by Hollywood to a large extent. I don't ascribe to it at all but I think the use of these people as "bogey men" is just stupid.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by antonia]

You and I have had some heated battles in the past, but I'll have to agree with you on this one. These teens these days and some of the adults don't know what real Satanism is. They think it's just a "free thought" religion or something and for some, just a way to hang out with delinquent, likeminded, scholastic, parentally untrained castaways. They wear pentagrams and all black, wearing advertisment billboard shirts pitching Cannibal Corpse or Mushroomhead, but the real Satanist will have nothing to do with what they consider to be the bottom of the barrel. I for one, certainly don't have anything to do whatsoever with Satanism but what I do know (from indepth study) that the real Satanists are running our country and doing the true work of the Devil and they wear $200-$400 business suits, shakes your hand and kiss your babys' forhead all while planning your sacrifice to their god (G-uns O-il D-rugs).

I agree with you. As a Christian, I do believe that satan really exists. So naturally there will be people wicked enough to actually worship him knowingly. I disagree with these sort of witch hunts though. The Word of God never says to "fight" the devil, only resist him and he will flee. Christians should just be mindful that they are living according to God's standard and have enough faith that God will take up the fight for them.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I have heard of these things. I'm not disputing that in any way. I'm not really espousing a "this clique is better" argument though.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilw85

Generally, there's hardly a group or religion that hasn't been persecuted under the pretext of protecting children, including Christianity.
I've seen the Steve Wilkos show a few times and here people are bullied and abused, and then judged by a lie-detector test, the results of which become sacrosant. Most of the cases are about child abuse and molestation, and it appears that the taboo topic has now become entertainment.
I think this is very dangerous.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

They wear pentagrams and all black, wearing advertisment billboard shirts pitching Cannibal Corpse or Mushroomhead, but the real Satanist will have nothing to do with what they consider to be the bottom of the barrel. I for one, certainly don't have anything to do whatsoever with Satanism but what I do know (from indepth study) that the real Satanists are running our country and doing the true work of the Devil and they wear $200-$400 business suits, shakes your hand and kiss your babys' forhead all while planning your sacrifice to their god (G-uns O-il D-rugs).

I was told (and I read many times) that true satanism has a hierarchy. At the bottom you have the people we have discussed. Then you have the middle ground who blend in with society and then you top level. The bottom is used as fodder according to some and the middle is just interface as the top want little to do with them. Although I don't think it's really accurate to call these people "satanists". I think someone else pegged it best when they called it "Babylonian". These people see to take more from the old mystery schools than LeVey or his ilk. As for these cases, I really doubt most people have met a true practitioner of this crap in their lifetime. A lot of poor people have been caught up in witchhunts and it's a shame.

It's almost like the first three levels of Freemasonry used to do charities and ride in circles at parades in little cars to look as ridiculous as possible and not threatening in any way. Likewise the Satanist (purported) teenagers look incredibly foolish and essentially are wasteful and derelict in all their ways. Again, I have also studied the same hierarchy that you speak of. The OTO (Ordo Templi Orientis) Alister Crowley was a well known member, organized a hierarchy of Thelema and as you can see from this following article from Wiki (not the best source but quick, want more search the web...there's no deficit) that this hierarchy was to be modeled after Freemasonry and other secret societies. Whether mentioned or not, you can see that secret societies and Satanism certainly are strange bedfellows. I personally, (along with multitudes of others) believe, that Satanism is the fuel that burns in the political machine. In essence, what allows it to do what it does. The Rosicrucian Order is one of the older more organized societies and I believe NUM (Nine Unknown Men) is the oldest based on this hierarchy. Among conspiracy theorists the Nine Unknown is often cited as one of the oldest and most powerful secret societies in the world. All of these I am sure grease their wheels with Satanism.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

OK, heard it a few times now - so there's the cannon-fodder at the bottom who look cool and win converts, the "silent" middle, and the top structure. To me it sounds like current, popular Christianity! It sounds like the corner church!

But then it is mentioned that Satan appears as an "angel of light".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join