It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G1.9=Planet X?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hab22

you read, but did you understand what you were reading? there is indeed a supernova remnant named G1.9+03, but do you understand that when we're talking about a supernova then we're talking total extinction for anything in the vicinity? now if this G1.9 that these spanish astronomers claim to have found is the same G1.9 as the supernova remnant, how do you think we'd still be alive today if we're so close to it? the article you posted mentioned that this G1.9 is roughly 60 to 66 AU away from us and since one AU = 8 minutes, then it would take just 480 minutes for the explosion from that supernova (G1.9) to reach us. yet, we're still alive -- it seems to me that our very existence proves that the information posted on the nowpublic.com article is false. but you might have a different interpretation/opinion about what you read. if so, feel free to share and enlighten us as i'm very much willing to welcome new ideas and information.

Originally posted by hab22
cs1981, your picture looks real familiar.

*facepalm*

you mean to say you've never heard of Carl Sagan?
edit on 2.27.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Toreishi,
I'm not a scientist, so I don't want to pretend to completely understand what I read at that link. I do, however, have two sons who are research scientists. One is in a PhD research program for green chemistry at Carnegie Mellon, and the other is involved with plasma research at the Coast Guard Academy in New London, CT.
When I TRY to talk science with either of them, they simply blow me away. My degree is in theology, and I am most intrigued with parallels between science, faith and prophecy.
Having said all that, I hope you have a nice day, and can help me to understand some of this. But please don't try to blow me away.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hab22

Here is the document from the Spanish "astronomers":
docs.google.com...

In it they run through the Nemesis hypothesis and claim that the supernova remnant G1.9 is actually a brown dwarf about 60AU from the Sun. They base the claim on two pieces of evidence.

First they say that between 1984 and 2008, G1.9 displayed too much angular movement to be a very distant object.

Así pues tenemos dos posiciones estelares de G1.9+0.3 perfectamente diferenciadas en el transcurso de 24 años:
a. 1984 - RA 17h 45m 37s, Dec. -27:09
b. 2008 - RA 17h 48m 45s, Dec. -27:10

They are right, a change in right ascension of slightly more than 3 arcminutes in 24 years is far too great for an object 24,000 light years away. But there is a problem. The "astronomers" got their 1984 data from The MOST Galactic Centre Survey - II. New results on published supernova remnants and G2.4 + 1.4. The description of the table they used:

Table 1. This table lists (1) The Galactic cooridinates, (2) and (3) the right ascension and declination for epoch and equinox B1950.0

articles.adsabs.harvard.edu...
I cannot find the source in the "astronomers'" document for the 2008 location but if you look for yourself you will see that "Figura 7" shows that Epoch J2000 coordinates are used. So what's the problem? Two different coordinate systems are used. The difference between the coordinates amounts to slightly more than 3 arcminutes of right ascension. G1.9 is in the same place it was in 1984. What "moved" was Earth's axis, it's called precession and it has nothing to do with Nibiru or Nemesis. Quite an obvious thing for the "Spanish astronomers" to miss.

Next, they present evidence from an article titled "A 20 Year Radio Light Curve for the Young Supernova Remnant G1.9+0.3". They present radio telescope observations and claim that the fluctuations in the size of G.19 demonstrate that it cannot possibly be a supernova remnant. It gets smaller, then larger, then smaller. The problem? The MOST radio telescope is not capable of determining the size of G1.9.

The MOST observations are not at high enough resolution to detect significant changes in the size or mophology of G1.9+0.3 with time.

What was observed? The brightness of G1.9. And what did it find?

Twenty years of observations with the Molonglo Observatory Synthesis Telescope show that the young supernova remnant G1.9+0.3 has increased in brightness by 1.22 ± 0.24 0.16 per cent yr−1 between 1998 and 2007

It found that G1.9 fits the profile of a young supernova remnant.
arxiv.org...

The "Spanish astronomers" are not astronomers or, if they are, they are very bad ones.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I found this image that shows how close G1.9 is to the galactic center, interesting considering the coming alignment.

www.flickr.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

HA! I was friggen right! I knew I recognised that writing style. Hoax!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Search is your friend. I found 2 threads discussing this.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Very Old Article and being discussed Here

Closing

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join