It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Doesn’t ‘Begrudge’ Bonuses for Blankfein, Dimon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Obama Doesn’t ‘Begrudge’ Bonuses for Blankfein, Dimon

Feb. 10 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama said he doesn’t “begrudge” the $17 million bonus awarded to JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon or the $9 million issued to Goldman Sachs Group Inc. CEO Lloyd Blankfein, noting that some athletes take home more pay.

The president, speaking in an interview, said in response to a question that while $17 million is “an extraordinary amount of money” for Main Street, “there are some baseball players who are making more than that and don’t get to the World Series either, so I’m shocked by that as well.”

“I know both those guys; they are very savvy businessmen,” Obama said in the interview yesterday in the Oval Office with Bloomberg BusinessWeek, which will appear on newsstands Friday. “I, like most of the American people, don’t begrudge people success or wealth. That is part of the free- market system.”

www.bloomberg.com...

Is it me,

a,

errr,

Obama scolds Wall Street executives over bonuses

www.reuters.com...

am I the crazy one?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Pre TARP repayment Vs Post TARP repayment.

Pre TARP repayment the government owned the business and so they got scolded.

Post TARP repayment, they are their own business and can pay their employees whatever the hell they want.

Not so hard to understand.

Still sucks though. Freaking banker dirtbags.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
That's odd,

two lines,

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Why is it you make a much more convincing argument than obama?

And why can't you once just admit he is a liar?You use the most extraordinary explanations to obfuscate the obvious,he just isn't truthful, doesn't have the courage of his convictions and really doesn't have any idea how to govern.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

doesn't have the courage of his convictions

True that.

top topics

join