It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Sarah Palin so much?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yes, it is going to be very interesting to watch her political aspirations unfold. I don't see her running as a Vice President, though. If she runs for President, and loses the Republican nomination, I am not sure she'd be happy as the running mate for the nominee. She's too headstrong to be second in command.

She is getting a ton of media attention right now. She just landed a spot on Fox News as an analyst, so she is going to be in the media for a long time. Her agenda is diametrically opposed to the current Administration, so she is definitely a thorn in their side right now. Expect some pushback in the media for all of her critical comments in Nashville.

Someone that speaks as assertively and aggressively as she does, and so publicly, is going to face some serious backlash from her political opponents. It's going to be interesting to watch, because she won't back down. She's like a pit bull that won't stop until she gets what she wants.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I hate Sarah Palin because I already went through eight years of a retarded jesusifed republican who's administration single-handed destroyed this country from the inside out. In Palin I see an even bigger nightmare on the horizon. Palin is Bush with a pair of tits. I also hate Palin supporters because they do not have coherent thoughts nor can they think for themselves. Also do you notice the locations of most of the Palin supporters on here? This woman has done absolutely nothing except run out of her governors job and proceed to be a laughable whore on Paris Hilton's level for the right wing. Yeah give this ignorant bitch the keys to the nukes.

Palin represents everything that is #ed up about politics in this country.

And as for the #ing morons who were obviously beat up in school which warped their psychology who keeps saying "The Left fears Palin." Let me explain this to you... If you had someone who believed 2 + 2 = 3 and no matter how hard you tried to convince them otherwise and no matter how much reality or evidence you put in front of them, they're still going to believe 2 + 2 = 3. Now give that retard the potential to have access to Nukes and control of our economy. And then you have Palin... It's not a left/right issue. It's an intelligence vs. idiot issue.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I don't really get the anti-palin thing either. Personally i am no fan of Sarah Palin, not in the least bit. But it got annoying the second it started. Nobody actually contests her on the merits of her statements and positions, they resort to petty name calling just like they did with Bush and to a lesser extent Obama.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
People hate Palin because that is what our people have devolved into. Hate, name calling, Ignorance, and lack of education have become the benchmark of our political system.

Palin is the Obama of the GOP at the moment, since Bush and Cheney are out of the way.

I explain the control of American political culture in the following way:

When dealing with my kids, I know they like to feel like they have control, so I give them options.

The options I give are already pre-selected and pre-approved by me and my wife, so regardless of the outcome, my wife and I are happy.

With only two options, TPTB can easily create an us vs them attitude that tends to breakdown when there is a third voice.

Case in point - Ross Perot.

Personally I dislike Palin because I think she is just like all the other GOP members. She is hawkish militarily, has the impression America is powerful so we can pretty much do what we like in other people's countries, is economically liberal, and is a Christian social Conservative.

She's like GWB in 1999.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
What annoys me about palin is that she represents the ignorance and complete lack of any understanding of foreign policy, history, or politics that i fear in the majority of americans. Our education system has gone down the tubes, most americans have no clue of our policies or the motivations therein, and have a flawed, ideological, egocentric, patriotic view of what america is and has always been, and she represents this. Further, those that follow and adore her share and glory in this same lack of understanding or even of caring. I doubt any of them, or her, know what the civil war was about (they'll likely say "slavery!"), what the vietnam war was about, or even what our current wars in the middle east are about (they'll probably say "freedom!!"). No history of our 50 year policy in the middle east, of our history of false flag events, or our history of our governments experiments upon our OWN civilians and soldiers, such as the tuskeegee experiment, or MKULTRA.

It is THIS ignorance that scares me, and the fact that it is so proliferate, and that those afflicted are not even aware of the lack. The leadership of the neocons and TPTB knows this lack, took pains to instill this lack, and works diligently to exploit it. However, you will point at "the left" and how backwards they are for these kooky ideas they come up with, like "history" and "conspiracy theories".

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Good point. Which leads to another question, do people find Palin to be an outspoken version of Dan Quayle?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
there is something very strange about the intensity of hatred people have for palin. it appears that all loyal democrats hate her for being a republican. that would be understandable if it wasn't so personalized with the stupid bimbo thing. i don't know if she has done anything dishonest while governor of alaska but many elected officials in washington have repeatedly ripped off taxpayers, lied, siphoned off big money for friends and family, and they are not regarded as personally vile, as palin is. there is no accountability anywhere in government these days, but who do people hate? palin, who has no power at all except to talk.

it's like there is a special dispensation to call her names and personally insult her and her family. it's okay to say things about her that aren't said about others. I'm thinking of women here. i have heard many (liberal) woman go on and on about how stupid and clueless she is. instead of appreciating what she, a woman, has achieved, it is actually held against her. she does not "deserve" to be respected.

funnily enough, it's all the palin bashing that has turned her into a rock star. she is hounded incessantly just for being alive. so she is learning to take advantage of it. people love to hear her speak, so she is speaking to those who want her. she is now a political analyst on fox news. she might not have been up to snuff politically before, but now she has entered that world and is becoming so. something obama never bothered with. he is still trapped in his idealized academic understanding of the economy and the value of giving speeches. how many times have you heard how great it is to have a smart articulare president. palin is the common person who cares. not the master speaker but passionate.

i still don't understand the intense personal hatred people feel, but it's sure having an effect.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

She speaks the blunt truth?

Maybe to an extent, but didn't Obama?

Oh thats right...since when did words have any merit in politics.

All about actions, and from my eyes she seems like a joke.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

obama is the one with the actions.

ball is in his court, no?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think you need to look at the puppet masters and not the puppet. Nobody in their right mind believes for a minute that Shrub made any decisions during his two terms.

Palin at least has a litle personality, and some charm. Still, the same puppeteers will be pulling the strings. That's what scares me the most.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
RE "hated so much"

Demonization in order to stop further thought and/or inquiry has become so commonplace that SOME people are learning an important lesson.

If you come across someone whose name when mentioned sets off a firestorm you just might have something to learn by reading their words...

I use the list of folks who are demonized as a list of people i should research... to find out WHY it is so important for them to be called names.. I have learned far more from them than from the ones my teachers wanted me to read about...

Some suggested Sig lines for ATS posters:

"Conspiracy Theory is a phrase used to discourage academic inquiry"

"An expert is someone who articulates the consensus of people with power"

"The person who throws the mud always wins"

"If you go to one demonstration and then go home,
that's something, but the people in power can live with that.
What they can't live with is sustained pressure that keeps building,
organizations that keep doing things,
people that keep learning lessons from the last time
and doing better the next time."

There's no more morality in world affairs,
fundamentally than there was at the time of Genghis Khan"

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance"

Noam Chomsky "Manufacturing Consent"

[edit on 8-2-2010 by seataka]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
it's like there is a special dispensation to call her names and personally insult her and her family. it's okay to say things about her that aren't said about others. I'm thinking of women here. i have heard many (liberal) woman go on and on about how stupid and clueless she is. instead of appreciating what she, a woman, has achieved, it is actually held against her. she does not "deserve" to be respected.

Its ultimately all about Democratic/liberal politics. Women are their key voting demographic, and to that end, they've literally spent decades cultivating an image of the conservative woman as a dumpy housewife who stays home, raises ten kids, and bakes cookies all day, all the while being completely subservient to the man. This line of attack has been one of their keys to locking up a small, but consistent majority of female voters over many years.

The problem is that Sarah Palin shows that its all just a myth, and in a sense, she and others like her represent a major threat to the Democratic party. Palin's success shows that conservatives will gladly accept a highly successful, independent woman in a leadership role and that's an idea that the Democratic party simply cannot allow to take hold. It would mean that female voters would have a realistic alternative at the polling booth and could mean the end of their hold on that demographic.

Barring that line of attack, the political left is forced into their fallback position: just paint her as being a complete fool, and as in most things political, its done in the most vicious manner possible. Although Palin gets most of the flak because she's the most visible, they do the same thing to other conservative women in politics, too.

In the end, the best counter move for the GOP would be to nominate another female VP in 2012. The Democrats and their allies can destroy one, but I don't think the public would fall for it during consecutive campaign cycles.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't like her because she reminds me of a Amway,Avon,Tupperware or Mary Kay product sales person.

She is just selling a product that she thinks people may buy.

I don't think there is sincerity in her beliefs.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine

I agree. I barely think of her until I see a post on ATS about her. I don't know why I keep replying to them except I want that mystery solved.

The mystery to me is "Why do some people like Palin?"

I could not agree more. I keep hearing how wonderful she is and how conservatives are all falling all over themselves in admiration.

Then there is the left demonizing her at every opportunity.

I really do not see WHY?!?!

She is an empty suit. I have never heard anything attributed her as some great revelation. Never have I said to myself, "Aha, what a great idea" when hearing her speak.

Spouting talking points and defending yourself 24 hours a day does not make you a great leader, it makes you a liability. It means you can not control the conversation. A leader sets the agenda, not react to it.

The biggest problem is that in today's American Idol / Survivor / Bachelor culture, people's discernment of what is truly important has gone out the window.

I think that people are more concerned about how they "feel" about someone than how well they can DO THE JOB when they step into the voting booth.

I see no way to change this. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Well, now there is a good idea.
Sarah Palin should hang out with Ross Perot for a few days.
They could talk about the $12,000,000,000,000 + debt!

Maybe President Sarah Palin could make Ross Perot our
Economic Czar!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Its not that many of us "HATE" her, i try not to use that word too often.

But i think what you are referring to is reading all negative comments about her which is mostly us just quoting her in her very own words, that makes you think we hate her. were just pointing out the stupidity that is sarah. stating the obvious, really...no offense.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I don't hate Palin. I strongly dislike her, her positions and the fact that she is quite likely brain dead.

None of that matters, though. Even if she did win the Presidency in 2012, she would just be a puppet to her masters.

According to Edward Bernays, one of the founders of the field of public relations and a principal architect of the American Way, the choices available in the polling booth are akin to those at the department store; both should consist of a limited set of offerings that are carefully determined by what Bernays called an “invisible government” of public-relations experts and advertisers working on behalf of business leaders. Bernays claimed that in a “democratic society” we are and should be “governed, our minds . . . molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of.”

Source

We haven't had a chance in a long, long time. The game was rigged long before any of us were ever born. You can try to play, but they own the stadium, the field, the equipment and the umpires.

BTW, public relations are words used instead of propaganda since it's such a ugly word. The propaganda machine AKA Ministry Of Truth has us by the testicles, as evidenced by the popularity of Palin. Divide and conquer isn't too hard when you have a significant portion of the population worshiping Palin as if she were some kind of demi-God.

It really doesn't matter what she says or does (as she says almost nothing of importance and does nothing except talk nonsense). She just has to be around and we will be divided. I can see no earthly reason anyone would want to believe her crap unless they were seriously brainwashed into this left/right way of thinking, which is pointless and divisive(just like they want). There is no difference in the parties, they have the same money masters telling them what to do.

That's the way I see it.

EDIT: Spelling and other errors. My typing skills suck.

[edit on 2/8/2010 by TheLoony]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is the incarnation of evrything that is wrong with America. Being on this board has shown me there are many smart Americans posting on this forum. Most of whom would do a far better job of running your country than Sarah Palin. There is no real substance to this woman, she is not exceptional in any circumstances. She may be pretty, but thats no qualification to run the Country.
The worrying thing is, many Americans see this pretty face with some tub thumping Patriotism and believe she should be president.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Most people who hate her are probably just jealous of her. After all, she seems to be relatively "normal" in most of her life, so most people who hate her secretly wish that they were her.

Having never met her, I personally neither love her nor hate her and could care less either way...seriously. I would assume that most people on this planet could care less about her as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
People hate her because she's insincere, a trait certainly shared by most politicians, but one especially loathsome in Palin because, like Bush, she attempts to speak from a place of folksy truth and common sense.

The implied moral high-ground associated with this approach, for many people, likely underlines the hypocrisy and insincerity she exudes as a politician.

In other words, she talks down to you like you're a moron, but even a child can see that she's a disingenuous lying sack of crap with alterior motives so obvious a blind man could see them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join