It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realtime World Statistics...Wow!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

I heard (Professor Iain Stewart on BBC documentary: How Earth Made Us - 4. Fire link) yesterday mention that the earth takes 3.1million years to create enough oil for 1 year's worth of consumption, and they didn't indicate whether that included forecast or non-forecast growth in consumption by for example wealth generation in under-developed markets such as BRIC, Africa, etc...

That makes total sense when you think about the geological events required and leading to oil production, an understanding of which remember is what enabled us to locate many of the known fields in the first place (so how did we find them if oil is made from alternative non-fossil theories - think about it?).

[edit]

I'd er on the side of it being a good idea to give more time to oil running out within the short-mid term, in relation to even 'modern' human history - i.e. just a few millenia of the many millenia we have been active as recognisable humans.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by curioustype]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
wow last time i heard there was 6.6 bill people...its gone up over 200 mill in just a few years? wots it gonna be like in 50 years?

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join