It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ARN - The Knight Templar - - OUTSTANDING - MUST SEE!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey guys...I am a HUGE medieval buff...love the time period, studied it some in college, but just enjoy the history of Knights, Castle's, Medieval War, Weapons, etc....and have seen almost all movies and shows related to such until the other day. I was told about a movie called: ARN THE KNIGHT TEMPLAR. Apparently shot in Norway or somewhere oversees. I have to tell you...this is one of, if not the BEST medieval movie ever made. They use all the different languages, the weapons and props are truly amazing, and the actors are damn near perfect for their roles.

If you love this time period as much as I do I HIGHLY suggest you go to the YouTube page I post below and start watching. From what I was told there is now 2 parts completed with one to go. If you guys know anything more about this movie or the books that it was based off of PLEASE post and inform me....

Enjoy....this is the link to Movie 1 / Part 1 of 14

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Awesome, I like these kind of movies too.

I'll watch it later though, I have other things to do.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I watched the movie and enjoyed it. I love the scenery and the time frame.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

Hope you watched both movies....they are both well done. I gotta read the books now..lol

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Have you seen this?

Kingdom Of Heaven

Excellent Period Movie

Semper

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Hope you watched both movies....they are both well done. I gotta read the books now..lol

I watched one thru fourteen of the first one. I'll have to look for the 2nd

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Oh yeah Semper...good movie!!! I don't think there is a Medieval movie I haven't seen that has been made in the US. ARN is a Norwegian film with subtitles and like 6 different languages. It is incredible. If you likes KOH Semper I HIGHLY recommend you watch ARN!!!!

By the way..congrats on the Saints SB win....

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Yeah that was movie number 1. The guy who posted movie 1 also has movie 2 on his youtube page. Definitely check it out....I think it is 13 parts...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It is not a norweigan movie.
This is a swedish movie made in collaboration with german, finnish, norweigan, danish and british partners. It is the biggest swedish film project in history, based on a series of books written by famous(in Sweden) swedish author Jan Guillou.

Here's an omnibus of the three books:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267121186&sr=1-1

It was filmed in Sweden, Scotland and Marocko.

Edit: And why watch it on youtube, if you're gonna see it for free why not just download it?

Here's some links:

thepiratebay.org...

thepiratebay.org...

If it's forbidden to post links to torrent sites I apologize.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by TheLaughingGod]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

It was free and easy for me to watch without worrying about hackers, viruses, pop ups, etc...like you get from the pirate sites. Plus it was HD quality....

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Looks like a great film , i love these types of films as well , anything to do with medieval or history, i must have a look at that film and the knights templers is a great subject as well.

Thanks for that .

regards
ian

top topics

join