It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Blue Eyes? Heres Why!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well then hello there siblings!

I hope I count, because my eyes are brown in the center around the pupil but the rest of my eyes are blue, no one in my family but my grandma has blue eyes so I guess the brown eyed gene interfered and made me a combo pack of eye color

Theres a good pic of my eye ^^. Apparently it isn't called hazel, a better term is central heterochromia, meaning the eye consists of two different colors. Not to be confused with heterochromia, where one eye is a different color that the other eye. I actually know a girl who has one green eye and one blue eye. She also has the brightest blonde hair I have ever seen, and it is completely natural. And I mean this is the most whitest, brightest shade of blonde I have ever seen on anyone who was over 6 years old and never dyed their hair. I wonder what that means?

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Aquarius2]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by maximiliian

Fair enough, I could be wrong too, I'm just going on my personal experience and my immediate family's genetic traits.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel
I am of African ancestry

We all are..

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What about someone who has blonde hair, pale skin and light emerald green eyes? My parents have bluish-green eyes...I am the only one who has true green eyes in my family.
My father and mother are Nordic's...as were their families and those before them and all the way back to when records are lost...

I wonder who is our common ancestor?

True Azure Blue Eyes are beautiful! I always notice them...

I really like a real blonde with brilliant blue eyes...but that is just my preference.
Nothing wrong brunette hair, or red hair either.

I know someone who is very pretty, but has very dark brown eyes, that you cannot distinguish her Iris from the pupil...She looks like she has big black centers in her eyes...it is neat, but also a little scary. They literally look like big pools of black ink. Eye color is comforting. Big black eyes like a bug...not so much! Nearly everyone who encounters this woman, is always thrown when they actually look at her eyes!

The general comment is " WHOA!" She's used to it!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

blue eyed people have straight annuaki ancestry and are usually tough people to live with

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by k3456789

blue eyed people have straight annuaki ancestry and are usually tough people to live with

Blue eyed people have straight Aryan ancestry. 'are usually tough to live with' what a stupid thing to say.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
6 -10,000 years ago.
I'm not up on the that much of ancient history.
Was Adam even around.
Visionaries have given him glowing hair.
Where is Velikovsky in this for some answers.
I know there was a big event with Venus in -1500 and then there
was the Flood that I didn't catch the year on that cosmic rain storm.
UV damages DNA so that might give us a clue.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by asd10

Originally posted by k3456789

Blue eyed people have straight Aryan ancestry. 'are usually tough to live with' what a stupid thing to say.

Eh? If you have X ancestry, you have "straight" X ancestry in that there will be a path through the ancestor to you in the family tree. I have blue eyes and blonde hair and am hardly "pure".

I could be a strong case for "tough to live with" though.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Oh I already knew that! My AP Psyc teacher told me back in high school.

Blue eyes are so beautiful to look at even if the color is a mutated gene from 10,000 years ago. A beautiful mutation.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Thanks for noticing it.

I thought it was so obvious that I thought twice before even posting, but... apparently it isn't.

I mean, my blue-eyed mother's ancestors are surely the same as her brown-eyed sister (who was undoubtedly born from the same set of parents)? Or as my brown-eyed brother's, for that matter.

Regarding ambidextrity (though I am not sure how it relates to eye colour): I am almost perfectly ambidextrous, and my eyes are greenish. However, I am almost certain that comes from my father, whose eyes were brown.

As to blue eyes being beautiful to look at... Yes, they are: if the gaze is beautiful. It has nothing to do with the colour of the eyes.
If there is not much behind them, they can also resemble dull, washed-out river pebbles. (I have seen this many times.)

It's the same as with blond hair: yes, blondes can look beautiful - or they can look dull and washed-out. Obviously, it all depends on the individual.
(I am blond myself, so it's not "jealousy" speaking out of me, or whatever ridiculous reason the blond brigade usually throws in the face of those who are not blond-crazed.
)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is really cool. I did my best to explain this over dinner with my family. They was all amused, the convo went of topic and started to talk about aliens.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've got reptile looking eyes the good old piercing eye very bright in colour yellow around my pupil and greyish blue

[edit on 7-2-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The ambidexterious thing is interesting. Both my blue eyed father and son are.

Another weird thing I forgot to mention, uh, we have have extra nipples. When my son was born that was the first thing we counted.

It seems to run with the blue eyes.

I haven't seen a study done on it though. I understand it is a trait that isn't uncommon, so it makes me wonder why they've not studied it more.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm Not buying it.. there is something fishy about this story.

They do not tell How they determined exactly how this happened 6-10,000 years ago.. It could have happened lots further back than that.. And this is telling of why we have blue eyes.. there is no proof anywhere in this article that suggests all peoples must have had brown eyes at one time.

They are reaching. How could they know this without being able to study DNA from all peoples alive during or before that time period. I re-read this article many times to find the proof and I cannot find any.

Sure his conclusions do sound good until you really think about it.

This guy claims this one gene is responsible for the blue eye color.. Yet on the same page there is another article that suggest that no one gene is responsible for eye color.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
This guy claims this one gene is responsible for the blue eye color.. Yet on the same page there is another article that suggest that no one gene is responsible for eye color.

The blue eye gene is a faulty brown eye gene so in a sense there is just one gene for eye colour. However the actual blueness of your eyes depends upon a number of different genes. So the first gene is a "yes" or "no" gene while the others determine the actual colour within the possibilities.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Because that's now how DNA works. Because of the way DNA is passed from one generation to the next, if we know how many people have a specific mutation today, and in what genetic groups they belong, it is possible to work out to a high degree of certainty when a specific mutation occurred, and even where. We don't need to take samples from people alive at a certain time to know what was in their genes. If they are our ancestors, which is the whole point of this discussion, then their genes are in our genes.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So this DNA change must have happened in Scotland.
There is no proof with Craig Ferguson though.
Where the greatest population of red hair and blue eyes exist.
Red hair happened some where in biblical times, perhaps not blue eyes.
Unless the biblical red hair and blue eyes traveled to Scotland and thereby
combined.
They gave no proof of the age quoted, sounds ridiculous.
ED: Something about northern climate if those Alaskan Husky dogs
have blue eyes.

[edit on 2/9/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

You could try to learn about this by guessing based on Husky dogs, or you could read what the current scientific consensus is.

Your call.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

The authors concluded that the mutation may have arisen in a single individual in the Near East or around the Black Sea region 6,000–10,000 years ago during the Neolithic revolution.[27][28][29] Eiberg stated, "A genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a 'switch,' which literally 'turned off' the ability to produce brown eyes."

that is perhaps the reference for the 10,000 years ago

I just don't see cognizant people roaming around that long ago.
No chance in catching the person's name.
Obviously before the age of the written word.
And perhaps the spoken word was lacking as well.

Reading about ancient Celt writing they only used constants
in a sort of digital line markings that actually contained orders
from Rome. Not sure of anything past that however right now.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Luckily for modern science, what "you see" has no bearing on the scientific method.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join