It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 petitions call for severe penalty in Buddy the dog's dragging death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
yes i do, the guy is a murderer. ever own a dog? if the guy can do this crap to dogs, i dont think hed have a problem doing it to a human being either. he derves to get raped in prison for 3 years and fined a million dollars..

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Someone get me some chains...I will drag his ass with my Honda, through the cactus of the Arizona deserts.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

What's wrong with frigging people? Purely disgusting!! Keeping aside the emotions do you think this man deserves severe action taken against him?

Yes, evil people should be punished. Evil people do not stop at cruelty to animals.

...A correlation has now been established between animal abuse, family violence, and other forms of community violence.[3] A growing body of research indicates that people who commit acts of cruelty towards animals rarely stop there. [4] Murderers and people who abuse their spouse or children had frequently harmed animals in the past.[5] People who abuse animals may also be dangerous to people.[6]

Child and animal protection professionals are aware of this connection, and recognize that both child and animal abuse are linked in a self-perpetuating cycle of violence.[7] One reason for this is that individuals who witness abuse or other violence become desensitized to it. Research shows that the more often someone is exposed to a certain situation, the more comfortable that person becomes with it.[8] Criminal psychologists acknowledge that participating in or viewing acts of repeated cruelty towards animals desensitizes both the perpetrator and the spectator.[9] John Locke once wrote of children that “…tormenting and killing…beasts, will, by degrees, harden their minds even towards men; and they who delight in the suffering and destruction of inferior creatures, will not be apt to be very compassionate or benign to those of their own kind.”[10] Animal cruelty destroys respect for life,[11] and children who witness animal abuse are at a greater risk of becoming abusers themselves.[12]...

Read more at article

THE LINK: CRUELTY TO ANIMALS AND VIOLENCE TOWARDS PEOPLE
Cynthia Hodges, M.A., J.D.
Animal Legal & Historical Center
Publish Date: 2008
Place of Publication: Michigan State University College of Law
www.animallaw.info...

[edit on 25-1-2010 by someotherguy]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Please if anyone has the link to the facebook page for Buddy U2U it to me or post it here in the thread. This is so sad...I have two dogs and four cats, If anybody did this to my pet, I would wring their neck...Or what solarstorm said, really good reply!

[edit on 25-1-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Gandhi said we can really see the civility of a society by how they treat animals.

Animals >>>> Humans

Humans are a disgusting specie, It sometimes disgusts me to be part of the human race.

He should be sentenced to a beating with a hammer.
He deserves to no longer live but to immense pain before dying.

I've always loved dogs, they are so amazing!

I read almost every article about a dog saving a human's life, I don't post them because they would just get moved to BTS, but I love such stories.

I see a labrador in my future!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by bigyin

It's because animals have that innocence that humans are lacking more and more with each passing day. Just look into a eye of any animal..even a stray dog, you will find the whole world's innocence and trust in them.

Also because animals are treated in such an cruel way with no fault of theirs. What did this dog do to deserve death by dragging? Can you imagine how much it would have hurted? If the same was done to a person, people would be asking for his neck..sadly, humans treat their life more important than others.

Excellent post.

I personally get beyond angry with any kind of abuse (especially brutal abuse such as this) towards children and animals. Why? That's easy, because they are not only innocent, and smaller, and weaker, but also far less intelligent. Harming either one shows the true cowardice and barbaric traits that certain people possess.

He probably won't receive near what he should as far as jail/prison sentence... but there's a special place in hell for those who abuse the weak and defenseless, i'm hoping before then someone recognizes this trashbag in the street and goes for some old-school vigilante justice.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Yes, this was wrong.. this was horrible.. this guy deserves a strong max penalty.

But what shocks me more, is 100,000 petitions can get behind this silly non important by comparison issue but we cannot get 100,000 petitions to oust the corrupt President and members of Congress, the House and Senate.

That's the bigger more shocking story here.

Awesome. Just awesome. We should start a Facebook page and see if we can get this country involved in saving it's ass before it's too late.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As horrible as this crime is I fear if we penalize this person with the maximum sentence and fine, others who are almost as inhumane to animals will plead that they can't be tried and sentenced this way because it constitutes 'cruel and unusual' punishment (ironic, no?) since they didn't do anything as grotesquely ignorant as drag their dog for miles and miles til it died.

I prefer a severe and meaningful sentence that will allow us the latitude of treating industrial scale animal abusers no wiggle room. As bad as what this person did, does it compare with puppy mill owners and other 'factory' style animal facilities where the torture is non-stop and fueled by profit?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This just sickens me. How anyone could do something like this to an animal is just horrid & I think he needs help. (mental)

We had a case just this last year in my county of a woman who dragged a dog from a leash hanging out of a trunk. She dragged the dog long enough to tear it's skin up almost to the bone & it broke several as well. The woman who chased down the car & rescued the dog adopted it & it's thousands of dollars in vet bills. (a bunch of donations helped cover those costs thankfully)

The woman who hurt the dog? Well, she lives in another state & left before getting nabbed in NY. Last I heard, police were hoping that she would turn herself in to face the misdemeanor charges. (Screwed up IMO)

I digress, this jerk needs to be forced to see a mental health professional to ensure he doesn't decide that some human deserves to die in an equally horrific way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join