It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror plot to crash Indian plane in UK sparks UK alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yesterday the threat level in UK was raised. Today the Indian govt has told the British that there is specific intellience that a plane may be hijacked from India and then it might be crashed on cities in UK.

So the threat of hijacking remains for anyone who is travelling to UK, and I wonder if the threat level was raised because of this.

I hope that this type of terrorism is avoided and that there are no planes crashing into British cities.

Indian authorities are reported to have warned British intelligence agencies about a suspected plot by al-Qaeda-linked terrorists in Pakistan to hijack an Air India or Indian Airlines plane, originating from Delhi or Mumbai, and “crash” it into a British city.

The claim came a day after the British government raised the level of terror threat to “severe,” suggesting that an attack was “highly likely,” though Home Secretary Alan Johnson insisted that the decision was not linked to any specific threat.

In a front-page report, The Sunday Times claimed that India told MI5 about the alleged plot early last week after the interrogation of Amjad Khwaja, a suspected militant, arrested in India recently. Khwaja was described as a “leader” of Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami, which is alleged to have been behind terror attacks in India.

Source: www.hindu.com...

[edit on 24-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

and I wonder if the threat level was raised because of this.

I think you'll find that the threat level was raised as the Intelligence community never got enough funding for there counter terrorism operations

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

So wait they raised it to critical now?

Only a few days ago they raised it to just below critical.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Makes me wonder if they are just being flagged to pull a reversal on some body else. Either that or this is extreme scaremongering.

Raist

new topics

join