It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travelers captured on tape of Apollo 11 parade.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by Foodman
But at the same according to wikipedia, this shouldn't exist.

Why do you think that?
"The Swiss company Paillard-Bolex SA introduced its first 8 mm camera in 1938 and its first 'pocket' 8 mm camera aimed squarely at the amateur market, the L-8, in 1942"
en.wikipedia.org...

Was the famous movie of Hitler and Eva playing at the Berghof on the Obersaltzberg not shot with a handheld camera? I guess you are right...these handheld camera's where the newest breakthrough those days.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Just to be "very" clear.

1) The camera "is" not digital or "from the future" of the present day depicted in this picture.

2) Carl Zeiss made lenses in the 1840s. Only "recently" have "digital cameras" added them to their "stock models" in hopes to bring in more consumers who desire finer lenses usually reserved for older "film" cameras and high-end triple CCDs.

3) It only takes "your obvious lack of knowledge" on retail merchandise for you to "assume" or "suspect" people are "time traveling".

I am assuming it is "you" that is stuck in one "time" and lacking a broader perspective due to your narrow scope, and not some "time traveling camera man" in this picture.

It is a sad shame that with all these technological advances of modern day- we still have so many people as "clueless" as a bunch of flat-worlders.

In short-

NO! It is not time travel.

It is a FILM camera of the proper date "that it should be".

And YOU sir are really not doing your best at "denying ignorance" with this post.

I hope you try harder in the "future". Maybe I will travel there and see how you are doing.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
While viewing the movie “Iron Mountain. Blueprint to Tyranny,” I saw a person in the movie (approx at 1:41:03 ) video taping the Parade, with a Digital Camcorder!
video.google.com...#
This unit is completely self contained with no cables or hook-ups. It does have a wrist strap, with possibly flip-out a CCD display!

What type of camcorder was around like that in 1969?
I checked with LabGuy's World: Museum of Extinct Video Cameras and Accessories
www.labguysworld.com...
and could find nothing close to what this person is holding.

Can anyone identify this camera?

Not sure of the type, but my dad had one of those I think they called it a super 8 or something like that.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Is this what happens when your fantasy falls apart? You cannot even come close to proving your theory and yet many have done just fine proving it wrong. This last post does a fine job and your entire response is a personal attack.

The OP gives the impression of an open mind but follow ups seem to prove otherwise. If the best you can do to back up your idea is toss around insults, your idea must not be very good.

p.s. In your angry little rant, you kind of got the ego thing wrong. I would watch where I toss insults about people's mental capacity when you get something so basic so wrong.

[edit on 1/24/10 by Lillydale]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

While viewing the movie “Iron Mountain. Blueprint to Tyranny,” I saw a person in the movie (approx at 1:41:03 ) video taping the Parade, with a Digital Camcorder!
video.google.com...#
This unit is completely self contained with no cables or hook-ups. It does have a wrist strap, with possibly flip-out a CCD display!

www.labguysworld.com...

Yep! That is an old super 8 camera. It recorded to a reel of film just like a still camera except it was in motion. Your obviously too young to remember film projectors in school. Its what was around before vhs.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yeah that's definitely an old cinecamera, like a super8 type thing.

I've got a Canon one from 1964, with pistol grip, zoom lens etc..
You may find it strange that a 24 year old would have an interest in this, maybe I'm a time traveler from the past! Just kidding..
Still works, is real fun to play around with and to use a projector with the finished film too

Certainly within the time frame for the Apollo 11 parade, just a fairly affluent viewer capturing a piece of history!

This is what I use:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I remember this picture and how amazing it was when it first came out.

media.photobucket.com...

I mean that is a true time paradox caught on camera.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by DOADOA

Are you being serious?

Dammit! I've only just today spent £800 on a Flux Capacitor to go into my DeLorean DMC-12!

What a waste of money

[edit on 05/08/2009 by LiveForever8]

I guess it's interdimensional travel then... Now how can I get to the betaverse with all this nice water and become rich rich RICCHH!!!!

Hope 01 isnt there already, the little sleaze!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
WHAT is it with people and time traveling? it does NOT EXIST. i have spoken and now it is LAW!!! you cannot travel back and forth in time. there is no machine that will do this for you. nothing in this universe can do it. not even the specie that is about to eat you. NOTHING. THERE. IS. NO. TIME TRAVELING.

The Earth is flat, and men will never fly (sarcasm)

That proves it then ! I'm going back to save marty from making the third back to the future movie...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You see someone with a camcorder and say there timetravelers hahaha
Unreal how some peoples brains think.

I love the stuff on ATS but it doesnt half attract some loonys

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yes they did have portable super8 cameras in those days.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
WHAT is it with people and time traveling? it does NOT EXIST. i have spoken and now it is LAW!!! you cannot travel back and forth in time. there is no machine that will do this for you. nothing in this universe can do it. not even the specie that is about to eat you. NOTHING. THERE. IS. NO. TIME TRAVELING.

The Earth is flat, and men will never fly (sarcasm)

how do you even compare time traveling to flying? birds can fly, have you seen my steel toe boots fly? it can fly even flies can fly but do you see anything else time travel? do you stare at a clock and think you're looking at time flying?

we're not meant to fly that's why plane crashes, can you imagine what will happen in a time traveling accident? i might have 3 head and you might have 5 arms.

the earth IS flat, put a leveler on the ground, can you not see that it is flat? i'm not being sarcastic, this is serious business, like the guy in the picture holding a 7 megapixel digital camcorder complete with lithium ion batteries.... in the 70's. if that was true it would mean he's from our time, and if he's from our time it would mean that somebody in the world has a time machine and if he has a time machine where the hell is my flying car?

assuming he can go forward in time and steal some ideas from himself.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
yea, just an old 8mm celullose film recorder... it looks Japanese to me.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Dear Lord

Are you kidding me?

Why hasn't this thread been destroyed yet?

Time travel. Christ these posts are getting more ridiculous everyday.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

video.google.com...#

www.labguysworld.com...

Yep, its looks similar to a Kodak Instamatic M2, 1965.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by jymmyjaymes]

[edit on 11-5-2010 by jymmyjaymes]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yep, I concur it is a Super 8. I still have one out in the garage in its box. Just re-found it a couple of years ago. lol

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Those were quite common back then actually. The gun handle cameras. I seen quite a few of them in older videos.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join