It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama again in 2012? Mixed results.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Interesting Fox News poll:
Obama Again in 2012? Mixed results.

He beats Sarah Palin 55 percent to 31 percent with 4 percent preferring someone else, 4 percent who wouldn't vote and 5 percent who are undecided. But that's not much of a surprise since every poll I have seen says that most Americans don't want to see her as president.

Obama also bests former House Speaker Newt Gingrich by 53 percent to 29 percent, with 5 percent preferring someone else, 4 percent who wouldn't vote and 9 percent undecided.

Fox also tested Obama against an unnamed Tea Party candidate, and Obama led 48 percent to 23 percent with 5 percent preferring another choice, 5 percent who wouldn't vote and 18 percent who said "don't know." That percentage stood up with independents.

Seems to indicate that while some may be dissapointed in Obama, the GOP
cadidates fare worse!

[edit on 22-1-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Obama's got nothing in twenty twelve.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Well if you say so I guess that settles it.
Of course Fox News are well known schills for Obama.
I think it's interesting because it shows people have ( as of now) less faith in Repub leaders, and particularly Tea Party candidates, than they do in Obama.
But really, it's not so much about Obama if you think about it.
Hmmm, where's all the revolution and impeachment talk that ATS'ers are so insistent on? It's seems to indicate that voters don't have much faith in anything anymore. It also seems to indicate the Tea Party thing is going nowhere fast.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i think its simple:

If Obama is the "inside guy" or "evil ruler" that oh-so-many people claim he is

then there is no fighting it

he will return in 2012

If, however, those same people are WRONG and voter turn out can actually sway to the outcome of an election - and votes do count - and they're not rigged

then i doubt Obama will be back in 2012.

Thats the way i view it anyways, but unfortunately - his detractors think it's possible to have it both ways

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Uh, like I said, it's not really about Obama, it's more of a snapshot of where America is at right now. It's not my intention to tout Obama.
Neither party, or third party is seen as a solution.
There is no massive reversal of support for Obama, no trend to revolution or libertarian politics, or Ron Paul sytle conservatism.
There is not much support for the Tea Party, they seem to have peaked, retaining their base but not much more.
There seems to be less of a cultural divide, probably not in actuak opinion, but in voting habits. This explains the recent upset in Mass. Also interesting is the results on Congress, which I see as a bigger problem than The Presidency.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't read too much into the head to head results for one simple reason. We're not in a presidential campaign cycle. As it stands right now, Obama simply has far more media attention and far more ability to get his message out than any of his potential opponents. Not only that, but most people are generally unwilling to admit a mistake, and unless they're *really* unhappy with him, some of his 2008 supporters probably won't commit to a vote against him just yet (although its just as big a problem for him if they choose not to vote at all).

The best indicator of his 2012 chances will be the results of the 2010 election. If the Democrats suffer a major defeat, which appears increasingly likely, it will be a clear indicator that the public is not at all happy with the direction that Obama and his party have taken the country. He could still recover in time to be re-elected if that happens, but it would require him to shift significantly rightward and towards the political middle ground, something I believe he will be quite unwilling to do.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by vor78]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If you see pigs flying in the sky over D.C. on January 20, 2013, then you know Zero is getting inaugurated for his second term.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Sorry buddy thats not a Fox news poll its a FIXED news poll

Ron Paul in 2012 theres your real poll.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't know how people can decide NOW who they would vote for when Obama's only 1/4 of the way through his presidency. I wouldn't be able to say. I don't know if I'll vote for him again and won't know until probably 2012.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
personally i really doubt it... i also do not think he is gonna live that long... some fanatic is gonna take him out.... long before that 2012 thing

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
God help us if that ever happens.

"Thats all I have to say about that" GUMP!

top topics

join