It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Keeping Earth Cooler Expected? New Report on Climate Change Explores the Possibilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

What's Keeping Earth Cooler Expected? New Report on Climate Change Explores the Possibilities

www.dailygalaxy.com

The planet has warmed much less than expected during the industrial era based on current best estimates of Earth's "climate sensitivity" -- the amount of global temperature increase expected in response to a given rise in atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide.
The amount of CO2 and other heat-trapping gases added to Earth's atmosphere since humanity began burning fossil fuels on a significant scale during the industrial period would be expected to result in a mean global temperature rise of 3.8°F -- well more than the 1.4°F increase that has been observed for this time span.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-1-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I really do not understand how this fallacy of anthropogenic climate change still persists. What will it take for people to start realizing the real facts and stop believing what the MSM tells them?

I think as this cooling trend will continues to happen, most of the population will still be thinking of ways to combat global warming.

Sorry for the rant.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

www.dailygalaxy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The issue with global warming is a semi scary one.

The globe goes through natural changes like the global warming concern. The ice caps melt naturally; however we might be causing it to speed its process up. There was mention of Europe in an ice age, but ask you this: why was the planet in an ice age at one time? It wasn’t because there where automobiles polluting the skies back then, so what was the cause of that ice to finally melt? Al Gore stated that the Americas ice cap melted and when it did it shut of the current belt in the oceans, and when that happened the warm air no longer coming from the ocean put Europe in a deep freeze. But what was the reasoning about why the Americas ice cap melted for in the first place. This is why no matter what they say it all borders scare tactics to get people on board. Maybe there is an agenda to this global warming.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Here is a thought.

Here is another one.

The truth is that the Earth has been warming and cooling for millions
of years.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I 100% agree all this is, is scare tactics. I know that the Earth has had many "climate changes" and they are likely to continue long after humans have left the planet.

What I can not get my head around is how many people do not realize this. I try to explain what scare tactics are, and people give me a blank look. I also try and tell people that the Earth climate constantly changes and that at one point the whole Earth looked like a snowball.

Still these people think that we are causing Global warming and buy into everything that the MSM says. I just don't understand whaat it will take for them to get it.

I am just going to start smacking people when they get that hypnotized look on their faces when they watch TV and maybe thaat will get some attention.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

You could go to the link and save the PDF file to the hard drive.
Print it out and hand it to them.
Global Warming Hoax

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I feel the only way to change people’s minds, is to first change yourself and they will follow, assuming they are as blind as you suspect, they are looking for direction. The msm offers a true adversary when working on changing their minds. You offer a single view point while the msm represents a collective whole. But it’s a narrow view. Its people like me and you that look outside of what the television tells us and investigate as best we can. We use common sense instead of just taking it as its feed to us. I did a paper on the inconvenient truth in college. There was 19 of us that class and had to watch that filth and write a paper on it. Well out of 19 people 2 of us disagreed with what was presented to us, while the majority of the class was surprised at the allegations that film presented, and wanted to change things. I for one was appalled by my class mate’s I ignorance to stand on a side when they haven’t even investigated all angles.
Common sense would allow most topics to be seriously questioned.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Hey,
I know what global warming hoax means, but most people don't and will think you are crazy just for thinking the government will lie. People still have the argument for Dem. or Reb. and to me they are the same.

I try and talk to them and make little implants of thought seeds in there, but the problem is most people of full of sh** that nothing will grow in there anymore. I try though with people I know, I was kind of talking on a massive scale. Like if everyone lost cable for a day U.S. and Canada would go apesh**.

We need a real good hacker to hack cable and read people facts. LOL now I'm starting to sound crazy to myself

Pred...

[edit on 22-1-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
I feel the only way to change people’s minds, is to first change yourself and they will follow, assuming they are as blind as you suspect, they are looking for direction. The msm offers a true adversary when working on changing their minds. You offer a single view point while the msm represents a collective whole. But it’s a narrow view. Its people like me and you that look outside of what the television tells us aof just taking it as its feed to us. I did a paper on the inconveniend investigate as best we can. We use common sense instead nt truth in college. There was 19 of us that class and had to watch that filth and write a paper on it. Well out of 19 people 2 of us disagreed with what was presented to us, while the majority of the class was surprised at the allegations that film presented, and wanted to change things. I for one was appalled by my class mate’s I ignorance to stand on a side when they haven’t even investigated all angles.
Common sense would allow most topics to be seriously questioned.

I agree and think a good way is to be a leader, but even that's not really what I want, I want people to be their own leaders and to become educated. I want to be able to have intellectual conversations other than with a select few.

I would help anyone learn anything I know but it is still what I know. Why don't they want to learn for themselves though? If everyone learned for themselves the world would be leaps and bounds better.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I think too much emphasis is put on global warming and CO2. I am in no way a denier of the impact that humans have on the earth but I think that the chemical impact is much more devastating than the CO2 impact.

CO2 production may be having an impact on the temperature but there is so much data out there it is difficult to determine exactly what causes the warming and cooling.

I think the debate on global warming takes away from the real issue with human impact. The vast amounts of man made chemicals that get dumped into the water systems and atmosphere. I think these chemicals will have a much more dangerous impact on the earth and our ability to inhabit it with other species.

Anti-bacterial soaps have an ingredient called Triclosan, huge amounts of this stuff are dumped into sewers and could potentially create bacteria that are resistant to it. Not to mention that most people dont realize that for Triclosan to work in killing bacteria, it must be in contact with that bacteria for almost 2 hours. So how does this chemical work in hand soap? This chemical is only one example of the many harmful man made chemicals that are thrust into the ecosystem.

Sorry for the rant but i feel like the global warming debate is diverting our attention from the real dangers that we pose to the environment.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I agree, I also think it is the magician diverting from the hand that is hiding something. They have to do that because people would start hating them, and maybe revolt.

I think they try and trick us non stop with entertainment and the MSM, people have to open their own eyes though, and that's the hard thing.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Billions spent, top experts in the world consulted, endless papers, endless charts, endless theories.

All conflicting. Rarely conforming with actual predictions.

That should tell you something. The experts don't know.

The whole thing devolves into everyone, even seemingly intelligent people, just grasping whichever theory that conforms to their expectations.

The science of climatology, factoring in human changes to the atmosphere, water tables, production of gases, pollution - is vastly complex. ON top of that there are so many wild card aspects - sunspot activity, the magma core of the planet, long term cyclical heating and cooling patterns, Co2 ratios, depletion of oxygen, and on and on.

Maybe admitting they're playing it by ear and really don't know and are unable to predict with any accuracy would be a good start.

How so many supposedly knowledgeable people can be so self-deluded in the face of conflicting data and results is alarming in itself.

They are about as expert ans the brilliant economists, 90% of whom didn't foresee the entire collapse of an economic system they claimed to have charted so well.

Right now it's just competing experts extorting vast amounts of funding with no tangible results. Were if up do me, I'd fire all the so-called experts and hire a bunch of grad students. The quality of their analysis and accuracy wouldn't be any worse, and they'd do the same work for a fraction of the price.

Probably much better without the fundraising politics component. To a great extent that's what happened in the computer technology field that made it accelerate when it got out of the hands of IBM and the overpaid professional experts.

Open source may be the way to go. A major shakeup in this vital field is past due.

top topics

join