It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK expands watch list, halts Yemen flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

UK expands watch list, halts Yemen flights

www.cnn.com

London, England (CNN) -- Britain is expanding its security watch list and has suspended all direct flights to Yemen as part of a series of new counterterrorism measures, Prime Minister Gordon Brown announced Wednesday.

The watch list also will be used as the basis for two new lists, Brown said -- a no-fly list and a larger list of those subject to special measures, such as enhanced screening before they board a flight.

The measures are intended to strengthen British security, enhance counterterrorism work and maximize the security of air travel, Brown said.

He said the failed Christma
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The fact that they have suspended direct flights isn't quite so surprising. What I did find interesting in the article is that al Qaeda is Yemen based?! When did that happen? Did I miss the move, did they "mean to say" that there is an al Qaeda base/training camp/presence in Yemen? I was under the impression we went to Afghanistan because that was where al Qaeda was based along with bin Laden (personal feelings on his fate aside). Or is an invasion of Yemen next and Iran can breath a bit?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-1-2010 by searching4truth]

edit to add snipet of Yemen based

He said the failed Christmas Day attack on a flight bound for the United States, in which a Nigerian citizen allegedly tried to bring down the plane with explosives hidden in his underwear, highlighted the widened reach of the Yemen-based group al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. The group has claimed responsibility for that attack.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by searching4truth]

join