It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen and the Kissinger-Brzezinski Eurasian Plan [leaked memo]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted before (I just did a search with many different strings and found nothing)

Yemen and the Kissinger-Brzezinski Eurasian Plan

Spectre of Serial War

Security agencies are now focusing their sights on a whole set of countries deemed to be at-risk. According to a leaked confidential memo, people from these countries will be profiled and targeted for “additional screening” at airports. In the words of one US commentator for the Philadelphia Inquirer:

“… most frightening to me was that while the leaked document deemed that holders of passports from Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Libya, Syria, Sudan, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Somalia, Iraq, Yemen, and Algeria should be subjected to additional screening, no such special attention was given to holders of passports from Saudi Arabia – the home of 15 of the 9/11 hijackers. And now it’s worth noting that the list doesn’t include Pakistan or Nigeria – Umar Farouk’s home – either.”

The decision to widen the “screening” of travellers to encompass this vast array of countries deemed to be countries of particular threat to the West fits well within the original logic of the pre-9/11 geostrategy that has now become the ‘War on Terror’.

Read the full article here

So basically the plan is to up the security for those who hold passports from the countries listed above. I wanted to make you all aware of this since I'm sure we have many people here from ATS from those countries (not saying they need a warning but it may help to know you may be held longer at the airport).

It's odd they bring up this: "no such special attention was given to holders of passports from Saudi Arabia – the home of 15 of the 9/11 hijackers. And now it’s worth noting that the list doesn’t include Pakistan or Nigeria – Umar Farouk’s home – either.”

For those of you who believe 9/11 was an inside job then you'd understand why they wouldn't care about Saudi Arabia, but for those who still believe it was done by terrorists (do not turn this into a 9/11 thread!!!) then I would understand how this may bother you all. Either way, picking and choosing who and who does not need to be screened more at the airport is just ridiculous. Although we have known this has been going on since (and more than likely before) 9/11, what justifies anyone to decide that a terrorist or anyone that is likely to hijack some plane isn't from the US or CA or whatever? It isn't as easy to get fake papers anymore, but it can be done we all know that... so I bet we will see some more counterfeiting done with US documents and others that do not turn up on this 'watch list.'

What do you all think?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Profiling

US and UK governments are also exploring the prospect of profiling passengers on the basis of race, age and gender. While that is not to endorse profiling of any kind as a meaningful and viable security procedure, the Philadelphia Inquirer’s observation is worth noting – if profiling is going ahead, why is it avoiding US client states like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, among others?

Curiously enough, Wesley Clarke put the case very well seven years ago:

“And what about the real sources of terrorists – U.S. allies in the region like Egypt, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia? Wasn’t it the repressive policies of the first, and the corruption and poverty of the second, that were generating many of the angry young men who became terrorists? And what of the radical ideology and direct funding spewing from Saudi Arabia? Wasn’t that what was holding the radical Islamic movement together?”

This just adds to the point I made above about profiling which we all have known is being done (this all can be found within the article in the OP). I think that if certain people are going to be profiled and screened more often than as much as I hate to say it, why not everyone? An American can just as easily build a bomb and place it in their shoe or in some cases, underpants, just like others have done. I'm not anti-American, I am an American myself I just am wondering how they are deciding who is more of a threat than others...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Excellent link, OP, one that is immediately relevant in these times. How anyone can claim that the current administration is different than it's predecessor is beyond me. Three people are specifically mentioned in the article: Henry Kissinger, Zbigniew Brzezinski and Richard Perle. Kissinger's role stretches back to Nixon, Brzezinski to Carter, and Perle was in both the Reagan and Bush Jr. administrations. All three belong to the Trilateral Commission. Kissinger, Perle, and possibly Brzezinksi (having problems confirming) are member of the Project for the New American Century. All three are also members of the US-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce alongside PNAC and Bush Sr. NS adviser Brent Scowcroft, a pre-Bush administration Dick Cheney (who is also a PNAC member)and Tim Cejka of ExxonMobile.

It's also pertinent to note that Timothy Geithner's first job out of college was at Kissinger Associates, Henry's company that lists AIG and the Scowcroft groups as clients. Oh yeah, it was founded on a loan from Goldman Sachs.

These men, as well as all those in the organizations that they hail from, need to be behind bars.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

Star for you, thank you for adding to the thread/OP. I was hoping someone with more understanding on this subject would chime in, and you did so thank you.

This story is a lot bigger than it seems. I'm surprised it's not getting much attention or at least no one is posting in this thread. Why is that? Do you not all understand what is going on here, and don't tell me "We already knew this was happening" because there is a lot more to all of this screening and profiling than what you think.

Seriously, I suggest you all take the time out to read the article, it isn't that long really, and it's definitely worth your time I promise you that.

Please share your thoughts I'd really like to get a discussion going about all of this.

top topics

join