It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush & Laura pose with terrorist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I had heard about this years ago but just found the photo. It is genuine and when it was first published Bush even acknowledged that it was, so I expect many of you already know that it's legit. I believe it serves as a clear insight that our government has no idea what the heck they are doing or whom they do it with.

Caption from photo below:

President George Bush and wife Laura in a photograph with Sami Al-Arian and family at a Plant City, Florida strawberry festival in March, 2000 as the presidential primary season was reaching its apex. Eleven months later in February 2001, Al-Arian was indicted on a 50-count federal charge, alleging use of an Islamic charity and academic think tank to provide funds for the Palestinian Islamic Jihad. At the time of the photo with Mr. and Mrs. Bush, Al-Arian had already been under FBI investigation and surveillance for six years.

Photo & story here

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It's a photo op. Presidents and candidates take them all the time.

Should they start running a background check on every individual they take pictures with?

Remember, even though Al-Arian got indicted later, he was to be presumed innocent at the time the picture was taken.

Innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Your right 100% without a doubt.

But still...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Yes, but still.

You have something interesting in your article.

6 years surveillance on this guy

Was the FBI waiting for this guy to entrap himself? Why 6 years? I would have thought the FBI would have backed off after one year if they hadn't found something.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by mikelee

Yes, but still.

You have something interesting in your article.

6 years surveillance on this guy

Was the FBI waiting for this guy to entrap himself? Why 6 years? I would have thought the FBI would have backed off after one year if they hadn't found something.

I know Jam I can't figure that out either. Unless they were investigating him AND using him also??

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Maybe they had found something, they just didn't have enough to hold the guy for charges. It does happen all the time as the people who know what they're doing cover their tracks and don't get caught.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by born2BWild]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
May I ask what your reason was for posting this thread? All you need to do is look at the details to see that the president visited this festival during the primaries and this other guy just happened to be there at the time. There is no other connection between the two other than this photo showing they were once within ten feet of each other.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Thanks for your post Dave. Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

True indeed. Like jam stated though 6 years of investigation. Something was going on.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Note to politicians:

Avoid all Muslims, because they all are potential terrorists, and the simple photo-op could come back to haunt you in the future.

Thanks to the OP for pointing this out!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have plenty of pics with famous musicians........what does that prove? I can't really call any of them my close friends, and yet I have the pics.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Thanks for your reply. Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

In this case it turned out to be true. Not always but in this one instance, it did. What were the odds??

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
S&F!, The most shocking part in my opinion is that that news story was not buried along with the pictures of the terrorist. Other than that it's no surprise IMO.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Use the Arab (or any other minority) guy and his family for some votes and God knows what else, and then throw him under the bus when you're finished with him. No story here; it happens all the time with these politicians.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Politicans often pose for pictures with people

Serial killer John Wayne Gacy - who murdered 30 young men and buried
them in his basement posed for picture with Rosalynn Carter, president
Jimmy Carter's wife

Gacy became active in Chicago's Democratic Party, first volunteering to clean the party offices.[35] In 1975 and 1976, he served on the Norwood Park Township street lighting committee.[37] He eventually earned the title of precinct captain.[5] In this capacity, he met and was photographed with First Lady Rosalynn Carter, who was in town for the annual Polish Constitution Day Parade, held on May 6, 1978.[38] Gacy was directing the parade that year, for the third year in a row. Carter posed for pictures with Gacy and autographed the photo "To John Gacy. Best Wishes. Rosalynn Carter". In the picture, Gacy is wearing an "S" pin, indicating a person who has received special clearance by the United States Secret Service.[39] During the search of Gacy's house after his arrest, this photo caused a major embarrassment to the Secret Service.[40]

Sorry - have to peddle your garbage somewhere else....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

You have a nice day now.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee

I know Jam I can't figure that out either. Unless they were investigating him AND using him also??

From the photo it looks like he probably had an association with prez. I will not believe that this photo was "happenstance". And yes, anyone who gets that close to the prez is screened well beforehand. I think this photo shoot was pre-planned publicity.

Has anyone considered that perhaps Al-Arian was incarcerated because he pissed someone off? Maybe he would not go along with something he was asked to do? Some people do end up getting hurt when their integrity gets in the way.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

It looks like a chance encounter to me. But then when you learn who it is posing with President Bush it makes you think. Given the fact that the president waged a war on terror and here he is posing with a terrorist its either pure chance or perhaps something more.

But the other poster is right, a photo don't imply anything of itself. Usually.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Are you sure it isn't all the people who are posing with the terrorist that is Bush?

I think the OP has it the other way around. It's like that where's waldo, except he's a terrorist, and he's named George Bush.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join