It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to expect from masonry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster
This means that for the most part the mass of masonry is blue degrees and therefore are decieved as to what the true masonry is.

Can you please explain to me what this great deception might be? I also asked you a question previously and would appreciate an answer on that as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

No wonder why the awaken public goes nuts over masonry.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster
reply to post by network dude

OK civility, I can deal with that. I appreciate the turn of tone and will respond to you in kind. The Qoute Above was to respond to the obvious lower level Mason above that said that free masons are encouraged to worship whatever god they chose.

Pike clearly is saying that the lower levels are truly a cloak for the real Masonry, the adept. The higher levels are the true Masonry. They have the true meanings of the symbols of the gods. The Blue brothers are decieved into thinkin they have the true meaning of the symbols. But they only have the lower levels of truth.

I invite you to re-read page 818 and 819. Clearly, Pike was refering to the un-initiated and using an example of what they were saying. An adept is a 3rd degree master mason in his context.

I know that each level of Masonry has it own new revelations and truths generally unknown to his previous level.

no, you don't. You could not. No offence, but being a woman, there is, nor could there be, any way you would know what goes on inside the blue lodge nor inside the House of Temple. There is no such thing as a lower level mason. I am a 32nd degree Scottish rite mason and last years Worshipful master was a 3rd degree with no Scottish rite. He outranked my and still does as he is now a past master. Not really outrank, but he has a vote in the grand lodge. Maybe, just maybe there is some great thing that gets told to you at your 33rd. I don't know. I am not a 33rd. But I know quite a few 33rds. They are still the same people they were before. If a man was told to stop following God's word, I am quite sure his friends would at least see a small change in him.

I was by way of pike, I was saying he was being decieved. It is also interesting that he says the "It is well enough for the mass of those called Masons, to imagine that all is contained in the Blue Degrees;" This means that for the most part the mass of masonry is blue degrees and therefore are decieved as to what the true masonry is.

Pike was a great writer and a great mason, but he was not the whole of masonry. It was there long before his time, and it is there long after his death. What people seem to not understand is that if it was a secret, and nobody was supposed to know, he wouldn't have put it in a book for all to read.

I will end with the thought that perhaps a mason who has actually been through the degrees and witnesses first hand the secrets of masonry, may have a better idea that someone who read a book.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by network dude]

[edit on 18-1-2010 by network dude]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Why did you guys want to join in the first place out of curiosity?

What drove you to masonry?

I'm currently still in the beginning stages of this...but I've actually toured one of the halls, and spoken with a few high-ranking members of a nearby lodge.

For me, it was the general idea previously stated, "to make a good man an even better man". I'm attracted to the history, the kinship I feel to the masons of old as an artist, and many of the men I respect most are masons (although I only later learned this).

Besides, there is then all the charity work. I'm not one to be all churchy, but I would like to help the community, and through the masons, a group can do much more than one person.

I can say that the dues quoted to me are less than those previously stated, but yes, there are fees as you advance along the different paths...but they are not outlandish by any means.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

LOL, I used to probe my uncle, 33degree, till he would get agitated. I would ask questions and he would simply smile and when I hit a nerve he would get aggravated and steer me to one my Grandpas books. When my uncle was getting near death in 2007 he asked me to come in his room and shut the door. He told that anyone below 32degress was not in the least in the know of the real purpose of the Masons. He told that these degrees were told many things but had no real knowledge and that the 33rd was really just the beginning of knowledge for a mason and that there were actually what the non initiate would call many degrees above that.
He said that he wish he had more men in the lodge with my zeal for the occult that I would have made a fine mason if that were possible or I had been born a man. He told me that Morals and dogma contains many hidden meanings and only those above the 33rd would understand. he told me look to the origins of Templar that the truth was that real masters were the ones behind the starting of the Johannism, and were the key as they were key in many movements going back to Egypt and even Atlantis.

If a person pays close attention Pike he talks of the destruction of the Templar through their greed, power and inability to control the lower levels that were for the most part, uneducated, commoners that joined for the chance at wealth. Theres wasn't;t a staunch moral code for them to help them keep in line. The real Intelligence behind the temples and even the masons, would never bow down to some stupid piece of wood or metal but that they are symbols.

It was the lower levels of Templar, which while traveling the Europe and Asia that drew the attention of the king and the papacy for accusation because they were adapting rites and rituals The Bogomils and Luciferians and some, the Muslims. They were taking part in idol worship(baphomet) and had no idea what the symbols meant. Of course the Master of the Craft also got arrogant and became a threat the kings sovereign.Thats when he makes reference to the blue levels being kept in the dark.

It is also very obvious that the Masons learned a very good lesson from the Templars and that is why you have moralistic code of being a good man and bettering yourself. So as to avoid the same result as the templars and is why the masonry has flourished because the outer portico of the temple would appear to be and is benign and no threat to the public at large. In fact does good works. The lower levels are a facade.
I personally believe that Johanissm was and is, a blend of Kabbala and Essenisim. No matter what anyone says about freemasonry, all roads lead to kabala and Ancient Egyptian mysticism. And to the devote believer in the One true God of Heaven and Earth and the Devinne Jesus, all roads lead to Satanele. I wonder do you know what Johannism teaches about Jesus? It is apparent through the different recorded testimonies and confessions of the captured Templars that were not tortured that practices were not always uniform and some were , if not most, devote believers in Johanissim and led very pure, good lives.
Although the other thing my Uncle taught me was that it didn't matter, as long as a person was Hot or Cold and not in between, as he believed that both had a purpose on this plane of existence. That is the great deception of Satan my friend. I know I make long winded posts but when you are talking the occult thier is no easy short answers. And, for the record I don't pretend to know everything about the Masons I couldn't as I am not one and can't be, and wouldn't want to be. As I said in other words, all roads lead to satanele, and the lower levels workshop for him unknowingly.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Barkster]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

that was a very informative post but I fail to see the evil part of what you are discussing. Other than the fact that you claim there are degrees above 33. And even in that, deceptive doesn't necessarily mean evil. How many years was your grandfather a 33rd degree mason?

To be sure you understand, I as any other mason would do, will defend the idea that we are not in the know about our fraternity, but will be glad to hear any evidence that there is more. I again apologize for my earlier comment. I don't mind learning new things at all but I hate condescending little twerps who spout garbage they read on some hate site. They don't even have the nerve to study what or why they say what they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join