It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide to the afterlife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hi ATSers,

Do many of you know much about the afterlife? I am curious is there anything a person MUST know when entering the afterlife? Is there anything one can do terribly wrong? (something that might send one to a place like hell perhaps) I'm thinking of buying the tibetan book of the dead and the egyptian book of the dead. All i know about it is a documentary from the discovery channel or history channel (cant remember which one).

In case anybody is worried I'm not planning on dying anytime soon, i've just become curious is all.

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah i should probably add, I'm not a hugely religious person (i'm not into organised religion) but I beleive that there must be something more and there is a higher self and a universal conciousness.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Nope not a thing to know. Sometimes people fear the light from what they were taught and will halt their souls from enetering due to free will (It doesn't happen too often though). Other souls who die suddenly from a suicide or accident may feel overwhelmed when crossing over and feel anything from regret, guilt, or fear. They gradually adjust with the help of loved one's and 'counciller' type souls who help them understand what happened and let them rest their souls energy. Once recouped they lose the Earthly feelings and regain their wisdom which resides on the Other Side. For the most part though, we zoom right on in, no thinking required.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The thing that confuses me is that if hell does exist, why are some people born in the world with a brain of a serial killer? I saw a documentary about a serial killers mind and it is completely different from your brain or my brain. So if this is true, what does this come down to? Are some people born to kill? Maybe the afterlife is really messed up who knows. Live a good life, abide by the rules and you’ll do fine

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
The thing that confuses me is that if hell does exist, why are some people born in the world with a brain of a serial killer? I saw a documentary about a serial killers mind and it is completely different from your brain or my brain. So if this is true, what does this come down to? Are some people born to kill? Maybe the afterlife is really messed up who knows. Live a good life, abide by the rules and you’ll do fine

I don't personally believe in hell. Though you're right- There is a gene in psychopaths and other disorders that is triggered by certain environmetal factors, sometimes triggered without too. The human mind is complex and the soul will have to choose after it is free of biology if it is truly evil and wants to stay away from God or wants to be cleansed and return home. There may be other variations as karma, reincarnation, and other factors weigh into this complicated situation. This is my belief.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Apparently Hell is a place of suffering, and agony. Yet I look around, and I see it everyday. So if there is a hell we are already here living it. I just keep my head on the swivel, and live life as peacefully as I can. The only thing that keeps me sane is good musical vibe.

join