It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Orwellian World for Big Brother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
onlinejournal.com...

Around the world, a near invisible network of RFID wireless tags is being put on almost every type of consumer item. Wireless tags and sensors are being produced in their billions and are capable of being connected to the Internet in an instant. Yet this network is being built with little public knowledge or consent.

IT company Hewlett Packard intends to create a Central Nervous System for the Earth (CeNSE), consisting of a trillion nanoscale sensors and actuators embedded in the environment and connected via an array of networks with computing systems, software and services to exchange their information among analysis engines, storage systems and end users. Ericsson, the Mobile telecommunications company, predicts that 50 billion devices will be wirelessly connected in 2020 and Cisco envisages the next generation of the Internet as having 1,000 times as many devices as the current Internet.

The Council of Europe document ‘Internet Governance and critical Internet resources’ states (p.7) that “ . . . the Internet of Things refers to the seamless connection of devices, sensors, objects, rooms, machines, vehicles, etc, through fixed and wireless networks. Connected sensors, devices and tags can interact with the environment and send the information to other objects through machine-to-machine communication . . . The Semantic Web promotes this synergy: even agents that where not expressly designed to work together can transfer data among themselves when the data come with semantics.”

Page 13 of the EIFFEL Report states, "...In the current economic and political situation, no country can make decisions that will have only a local effect. There is no more isolation. Given that, one must consider the relationship between the Internet and governance. And perhaps even more importantly, the Internet may change forever governance of, by or for a people. Blogging and cell phone cameras that can transmit photos are having profound effects on the capability of individuals to constrain their governments at times when the governments may not want that.”

la2

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
WOW, thats possibly the most scary thing i've read for quiet some time.

Damn good find, flag and star from me, keep digging!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2
WOW, thats possibly the most scary thing i've read for quiet some time.

Damn good find, flag and star from me, keep digging!

I wrote the article, so thanks for the compliment.

Here's some links to other info if you're interested.

Follow info on the semantic web
search.twitter.com...
search.twitter.com...

and internet of things
search.twitter.com...
search.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You can also join the discussion here
www.govloop.com...

new topics

top topics