It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credible Terrorism Threats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
This thread also serves the purpose to phish for those like:
endisnighe
franspeakfree
Cuhail
with different point of view. And that's what datamining usually does.

Well,it certainly helps in identifying the ones who'll be semantic to the other side; as well as those who have potential to cause greater threat to our own security.

Thanks for calling yourselves out. In fact, I think everyone should do society a favor and wear the emblem of the side you chose. Much easier in identifying sympathizers.

TIC,

-Sour

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Since you wanted to debate, here goes.

First the whole article.

The United States is closely monitoring a "credible threat" from al Qaeda in Yemen against the U.S. homeland, two senior officials told CNN.

At the same time, one official Wednesday cautioned that the threat is fairly general in nature and does not have too much specificity -- and the second said this is not a case of "we connected the dots to something imminent."

The first official did say, though, that the U.S. had gleaned that al Qaeda is already "adapting" to new U.S. security measures and that, in part, has raised the concerns.

A third source said that in following up on accused Christmas Day airplane bomber Omar Farouk AbdulMutallab, officials came across some information relevant to aviation. A fourth source confirmed the information has to do with aviation and al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). The level of concern is "measurable" this source said, adding "There is more prickling of the neck hair."

The U.S. has some information about time frame, this source continued, saying, "It is more definitive than it usually is."

The U.S. does not have information on location, however, and the source would not say if officials have a name or nationality of the person or persons involved. This source pointed out that aviation security is rigid already and that no additional protective measures have been taken. But, the source says, "there is a lot of stuff going on in the next day or two" relating to analysis.

Separately, one U.S. counterterrorism official would say only that, "No one believes the threat from AQAP ended on December 25, 2009. They continue to plot and plan."

And another U.S. counterterrorism official told CNN, "Everyone is looking closely at AQAP in the aftermath of the AbdulMutallab attempt."

Would you kindly point to the source of this piece of hogwash?

I actually read the frelling article, did you?

Supposition backed by supposition backed by absolutely frelling NOTHING.

Hell, My article has more truth behind it because I know the bogeyman exists and it is known as government in general.

Please, show me ONE substantiated truth in that article.

PLEASE prove me wrong.

Otherwise do not post on this here forum because I or someone that actually gives a **** will bury you.

I have been proven wrong in the past. Maybe you should listen to people and actually do research to back your beliefs instead of following the MSM version of the world.

It is frightening to have to think outside that box they put you in, but please try!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Keep a close eye on the terrorism fear mongering MSM in the coming weeks, because

The Obama administration plans to ask Congress for an additional $33 billion to fight unpopular wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, on top of a record request for $708 billion for the Defense Department next year
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Ahhh, yes. That would indeed help you solidify the "Us vs. Them" mentality.

Sour Grapes, what would YOUR little badge read? "My security is threatened by...."

"Faceless threats my government tells me to fear."?
"Semantics on ATS"?
"My Muslim storekeeper in my hometown""
"People in general"?

Because it's people that need to be afraid for the government to uphold it's unneccissary wars.
Read some history of the region BEFORE 9-11. We destabilized the whole region for years (pre 1940) to make it the threat it "is" today.

I don't fear muslim terrorists in the small Chicago suburb I live in. I fear the local cops. I fear the local, county and State politicians. I fear I'll trip going down my porch stairs more than any level of Muslim terroristic activity.

This whole thread only serves to create "fear" in those who read it and I'll be DAMNED before I fear for anyones ATS agenda!

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Heh. This is like reverse trolling.
Check back for updates.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Ahhh, yes. That would indeed help you solidify the "Us vs. Them" mentality.

Sour Grapes, what would YOUR little badge read? "My security is threatened by...."

And yours would read, "I like to dress up like I'm a soldier of fortune so my internet avatar is awesome. Meanwhile, I self identify with nutbags like Alex Jones and Steve Quayle."

That's going to be a killer patch!

Carry on soldier. Prepare for war against your government with the rest of Battalion Dementia.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Look closer to home for the real thread against your way of life...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Is that really your argument? THAT'S what you're bringing to the thread? Please, post with some intellegence and try to bring the topic FORWARD. Petty name calling and such is sophmoric and against T&C. Why would you even post that drivel?

Let's get back on topic, please.

CREDIBLE threats to our well-being from forces outside the United States.

Sheesh. Kids.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
THREAD NOTICE

This thread will return to the topic as of right now. Any post after this notice that attacks another member or makes another member the focus of their post will be removed as either off topic or ill mannered, depending on the severity.

Clean slates starting now but post deletion and possible point fines will occur after this notice. Debate the subject matter without insulting other members.

Thank You.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...
"The document warned that a growing fleet of rogue jet aircraft was regularly crisscrossing the Atlantic Ocean. On one end of the air route, it said, are coc aine-producing areas in the Andes controlled by the leftist Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia. On the other are some of West Africa's most unstable countries.

The clandestine fleet has grown to include twin-engine turboprops, executive jets and retired Boeing 727s that are flying multi-ton loads of coc aine and possibly weapons to an area in Africa where factions of al Qaeda are believed to be facilitating the smuggling of drugs to Europe, the officials say."

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I saw some big trucks going down the freeway with big gun parts headed overseas. I think my country is gearing up to do more terrorist activity. I'm an American.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ok so what I am getting from the majority of posts in this thread is the following:

AQ is really a covert CIA operation.
There is no real Muslim Extremist Threat to the World.
Obama and the USA are the real terrorists.
The bogeyman is real
Nothing that is reported in the media is ever true.
And off topic posts are ok for some and not for others.

I guess that about sums up ATS these days.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Check out this thread, just posted to ATS:

New Threat Against The United States by Yemen Thanks, Bonzye!

Is this what your looking for?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Ok so what I am getting from the majority of posts in this thread is the following:

The bogeyman is real

Don't feed the fish. Just keep on topic and the fish will die off.

"SANAA, YEMEN -- Yemeni security forces killed an al-Qaeda leader during clashes in an extremist stronghold while a road ambush by militants left two soldiers dead Wednesday in the latest battles in an escalating war.
Soldiers surrounded the home of al-Qaeda cell leader Abdullah al-Mehdarhad in the Habban region of Shabwa province in Yemen's southeast. That triggered a shootout in which Mehdarhad was killed, according to 26Sep.net, a Yemeni Web site that serves as a mouthpiece of the nation's military."
www.washingtonpost.com...

Usually this prompts cells to scatter and regroup.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
Check out this thread, just posted to ATS:

New Threat Against The United States by Yemen Thanks, Bonzye!

Is this what your looking for?

Yes, and quickly there were deaths of the leadership... so they say. Remembering that Islam will fake deaths, they did with bin Laden, the Pan AM bomber, and many others that allows them to escape and regroup. This will not stop the credible threats because the cells are in place and not in... Yemen.
Connecting the dots = date and time determined, attack on Yemen headquarters expected, all still according to schedule. Add the planes from South America and Carribbean and attention drawn to Haiti and we have our hands full.

Also add this little tidbit
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Marshal Law slipped in on Jan 10th. So the threat must be close.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by JJay55]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

I think so. I'm not the only one, either.
'Al Qaeda': How the Pentagon/ CIA Made an 'Enemy'

No, I do NOT think that, but, I DO think that the Muslims have plenty to be pissed off about and terrorism is a tactic extremists use. I just don't think the threat is as dire as the MSM is encouraged to report.

I think the US and many facets of our government profit from the use of terrorism threats. Halliburton, XE, etc. No denying they use our fear to impose more restraint on our liberties at home and abroad.

The bogeyman is real

I think "boogeyman" is an apt metaphor for "faceless threats".

I didn't say that. But, I will say that media is driven by things other than the "Truth".
AP- Poll: 7 in 10 Afghans support US forces
What do YOU think about this poll? Accurate?

That's not up to me and you. That would be a Moderator's job to assess what's "On" topic or other. I know I work very hard to stay on topic, despite those who would attempt to distract me or the thread.

You can guess what you like, no-one's chained you to the site.

Thanks for posting!

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Isn't this a good thing? How long does it take them to regroup?

BTW, is the Yemen police really trying to oust Al Qaeda, or are they yammering for extra U.S. funds? Especially, given that Haiti's going to be taking up some of those funds and resources. (So, kind of like..."look at us, over here! Looky, we killed a bad guy. Don't we deserve some of that $$ before it's all used up?")

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Isn't this a good thing? How long does it take them to regroup?

BTW, is the Yemen police really trying to oust Al Qaeda, or are they yammering for extra U.S. funds? Especially, given that Haiti's going to be taking up some of those funds and resources. (So, kind of like..."look at us, over here! Looky, we killed a bad guy. Don't we deserve some of that $$ before it's all used up?")

Yemen will move them to a safehouse, like the ISI moved Kalid Sheik Mohammed to one in Pakistan after Daniel Pearl. Further, Yemen will take our money and use it for more AQ arms. Yes, you have them pegged.
This is all lip service for Saudi who is trying to distract us while they slip the bad guys over the border and shuffle cells.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...
"Washington (CNN) -- Information gained since the attempted airplane bombing on Christmas Day has U.S. officials concerned that al Qaeda in Yemen has "trained and equipped ... viable operatives" to strike U.S. targets -- including targets unrelated to aviation, a reliable source familiar with the investigation told CNN Thursday.
"I have not seen people this ramped up on the terror front like this for probably two years," the source said. "The palpable level of angst is incredible."

That means that attacks would occur in water resources, food sources, tanker trucks set aflame and crashed into population centers, oil resources attacked, shopping malls sniped, chemicals and biologicals, and of course nukes from Pak AQ control along with dirty bomb material that will be a hazmat nightmare.
Because this phase that started in 2010 will last to 2013 and contain more attempts, and success in many instances that will stress our infrastructure. Started on Christmas, a symbol of Christianity and a signal to cells.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join