It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Obama Signs Martial Law Executive Order

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Thank You for cutting someone down wishing to understand what is going on and isn't as informed as you. I'm not a political wiz and I'm trying to understand what is going on. It's people like you who slow down the movement. We aren't all as up to speed on these issues as you proclaim yourself to be.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Once again, the States already have no authority in these matters.

The issue here is how you want to term "Martial Law"... As it stands now, these troops can be moved around at will, and they are.

The way I see Martial Law is troops on the streets enforcing order. This is also why Posse Comatatus was enacted. This has been suspended.
The semantical difference here becomes whether or not the President actually "declares" Martial Law. But it is pretty easy to enact a sort of incognito Martial Law by just sending the troops in to do your bidding without ever making the declaration.

This has happened. Katrina was one example.

Of course this was an extreme example and at least somewhat justifiable. However, through Bush precident was set that up to this and INCLUDING outright legal declaration of Martial Law can be set by himself without the counsel of any other Governing Entity, whether it be a Governor or the Congress, upon whichever reason he deems necessary.

At least this requires the counsel of 10 Governors in support.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelMurphy

Please accept my apologies.
My condescending remark was certainly there, but I wasn't directing it at just you.
I was directing it at the ATS membership at large.

I mean, it wasn't that long ago that we were talking about this same crap when Bush was in office, but under Bush, the orders were much more damning.

Once again, I apologize.

And no, I'm not "informed." I just remember some of this stuff.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It'd be nice to find out who those 10 governors are and what their stance is!

I'm almost afraid to find out!

Anybody out there want to try to find out? Or do you suppose it's "classified"?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

Of course causation makes the world go round, does it not?

Edit to add - I did find it interesting that you chose to retract your invitation upon a post in which I was admittedly adding my speculation to a post.
How about on the terms of my logic?
No good?

[edit on 12-1-2010 by JayinAR]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Regardless of the argument at hand, it does appear a bit suspicious. I haven't been following Obama's path very closely, but it does seem he is removing some liberties from the people of the US. I am still waiting for the right to bare arms to be removed.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

The Second Amendment will only ever be removed in the US through massive bloodshed.

This presents a conundrum for any politican (and for the paranoid amongst us, maybe the reason why Bush never actually declared martial law outright) as you see, these ideas are nice to a politican bent on control, but in order to actually enact them presents the very real possibility that they will FALL at the hands of the people they are trying to subjugate.

In the end, you have people restricting rights, restricting rights, but when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, they can look upon history to see how these things play out...

And they don't want to face a guillotene!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

No apology needed. Sometimes words gets misinterpreted or over examined especially on the net. I have been following a lot of whats going on since maybe a year or so after 9/11, but there is so much information to process that any one person would be super human to understand and extrapolate it all into a way that can define the future. It's been 7 years for me and I still feel like I'm trying to catch up.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelMurphy

Heh, I've been trying to extrapolate the data for quite some time...

Occasionally I throw in a bit of wild speculation. I have found that I am wrong more than I am right.
(go figure)...

But hey, that is why they are the devil, right?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What on Earth does any of this have to do with Martial Law?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Jaynar

J to M - Please accept my apologies.
My condescending remark was certainly there, but I wasn't directing it at just you.I was directing it at the ATS membership at large.

Z - You clearly step on your own logic, no point in debating you.

J - Of course causation makes the world go round, does it not?

Z - Chicken and Egg question. Sorry not biting.

Z - I respectfully decline to engage you in a childish exchange of cute quips. Please respect my wishes, here, and now. I will not address your posts on this thread. I just wish to end my exchange with you politely. You can respond to my posts, that is your right. You can post anywhere I do again your right.

Let it go.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
nobody asking out of those 10 states ! which onces will be nuked ! so the next war starts with IRAN !

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I may not get to it tonight but I will look for a video that was sent to me recently about a movement that is gaining financial momentum in the arms amendment. Yes I agree with you, it would , but it has happened already in other countries. I hope it does not come to that.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RcknShdw
Until someone with credibility or the White House themselves explains how this can be contrived as "martial law", I'm going to get back to playing Fat Princess and forget this thread even exists.

Do it and borrow a book on the founding documents of the United States of America with you if you can find one (no pictures tho).

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Hey, the way I see it is that if it does, it does, ya' know?

Of course, it would be much better to head it off at the pass, so to speak, but if it comes to fighting for an idea... well, there are worse ways to make an ends.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bklynmilitiaman
Martial law could happen in three to five years. Why? Our economy. We have astronomical debt of 107 trillion. Our dollar is on the slippery slope to destruction. The first sign you see of a dollar collapse is a failed treasury auction. our entire economy is saturated with debt. our dollar is backed by nothing.

Yup, we have ourselves here one big-Bernie-Madoff-style-pyramid.
Ooops, I said "pyramid", didn't I?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Your time is acoming across the big pond there dear friend. Or are you aware that your country gave up it's sovereignty in december when Ireland signed on to the Lisbon Treaty?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This whole thread is full of double posts and inappropriate response to legitimate concern, could someone please clean up this thing before it gets out of hand?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

One thought that comes to mind because I'm not well versed is this...;
Say I'm in the National Guard and orders are given me to "go restrain your brother, the terrorist," under an assumed Martial Law scenario? I've known him my whole life and know he is not a terrorist, what can I expect to become of me if I in turn shoot the guy who orders me to restrain my brother? Besides common sense, what laws are in place to keep an armed guard in line when orders like this confront him/me? And, who will stand my ground with me?:

Where I forgot to ask is...
Are there any eo's that describe martial law conduct by national guardsmen?

[edit on (1/12/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You can do with what you choose.
In fact, causation of events does make the world go round. This is the entire point of everything I have had to say in this thread.
Initially you agreed with me.

It appeared that we parted ways when you tried to generalize that those opposed to your line of thinking were somehow illogical and whatever it is you are on about now is nothing more than a saving grace, ego trip...

So yeah, whatever... consider it dropped.

Edit to add - Also, if you wouldn't mind, please illustrate how I step on my own logic. I mean, afterall, my secondary title under my name tells clearly that I am an UNobjective Logician... But if you can actually demonstrate it, I'll give you an e-cookie (apologise profusely and learn from my mistake)...

So by all means, educate me.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by JayinAR]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join