It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Guantanamo guard reunited with ex-inmates via facebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A bizarre yet rather extraordinary story of how a former Guantanamo guard organises a reunion with one of his former captives via facebook.
What struck me when watching this video was how the captive managed to get himself locked away in Guantanamo as a suspected terrorist when he seems fairly ordinary. But of course why should I really be surprised.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

I liked this story. It shows not all the people who are locked up their are terrorists and not all the guards are mindless thugs.

That's not to defend Guantanamo though. It's practically a 21st century concentration camp.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I particularly like the picture were the captive is pretending to restrain the guard in a joking way. Shows how absurd Guantanimo is and how they can laugh about it despite what he went through.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yeah.

This story gets my "best story of the day award".

GOOD NEWS FOR ONCE!

If this is true, I am granted Hope for tomorrow.

That good will triumph over this corruption. And that the righteous will be redeemed.

What we just saw was a small taste of redemption. What we just saw was a small sliver of HUMANITY creeping through.

Ground Breaking (Considering how screwed up our times are!)

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It is sad that this is such a happy story but it really highlights for me the fact that there are innocent people sitting in that prison. Who is going to give them the years back that they sat there waiting to get out because they were innocent like this man. I guess happy and sad news.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
S&F....

I'm afraid this thread is going to die though....once the pro military ATSers
(check my foe list) see that a guantanamo guard apologized to the inmates......they will click outta here faster than white on rice...

new topics

top topics

join