It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says nuclear expert killed by bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Iran says nuclear expert killed by bomb

www.cbc.ca

A nuclear physics professor at Tehran University was killed Tuesday by a bomb-rigged motorcycle parked outside his home in Iran's capital, state media reported.

Massoud Ali Mohammadi had just left his house on his way to work when the remote-controlled explosion went off, state-run Press TV said.

The blast shattered the windows of his home in northern Tehran's Qeytariyeh neighbourhood and left the pavement outside smeared with blood and strewn with debris.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Oh oh!!! Can I smell the beginning of CIA/MOSSAD joint covert operations in Iran? People are starting to get rubbed out here and this is getting more and more serious!

Do you think that this is an internal affair with a disgruntled dissident? or Could it be something more like an externally ordered assassination?

Peace,

Magnum

www.cbc.ca

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

I do think this is result of covert agencies working to destabilise Iran. Please refer to my signature thread = Iran:A Crisis Manufactured by USA & Israel?

You will find reference relating to covert agencies working against Iran.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It is clear some one wanted this man dead for some reason or another. I think it would be a bad idea if it were another country. Because there has been a push by the people of Iran for a change. Reference below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is because of the people pushing for a change, that I wonder if the man who was killed, was one of the people who wanted the change? I cant help but think that this is the kind of thing the current government of Iran can use to convince the people to let them stay in power.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I saw the news early this morning, and thought, Oh well here we go again..

Tho I wonder which side is stiring the pot now! Since both sides have quite capable media machines.. But still someone certainly wants to keep this rift going..

Where is it all going I ask myself! Both sides have no more evidence of the others wrong doing than hearsay, and innuendo, be it nuclear weapons or destabilisation plots.

To be honest it is getting lost on me as I can not see these problems going any where or going away.. which I am begining to beleive are simply ploys, plots and innuendo to keep the general populations on both sides stressed while being pick-pocketed by the elite

[edit on 12/1/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I read that shortly after the Iraq war some Iraqi scientists were rubbed out by hit squads. Iran has some of it's scientists living and working in Russia in a kinda like exchange program.

I think the Iranians and the Russians expected this sort of covert action.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Wow, This really has upped the stakes in Iran

It certainly deserves further investigation, as I am sure all covert intel is goin g to be based on this for a short while at least

Al Jazeeras Take on news Item

It said Mohammadi was a "staunch supporter" of Iran's 1979 revolution and that he was "assassinated in a terrorist act by counter-revolutionary elements".

Report in Swiss Media

Student activists form the backbone of the Iranian reform movement. Iranian state television said Ali-Mohammadi was a "staunch supporter of the Islamic Revolution," suggesting he was a pro-government. Fars also quoted one of his students as saying he had worked with the Revolutionary Guards until 2003. An opposition website, Jaras, said the professor was a supporter of opposition leader Mirhossein Mousavi.

I can see claims and counter claims for the foreseeable future as it would be very convenient for either side to do this and then blame each other

BBC News

Edit to add BBC News link

[edit on 12/1/10 by osc121]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Iran knows that the US and Israel, France, you name it, are out to kill their nuclear scientists. They should have had secret agents set up across the street to intercept the bombers. It takes time to hide a bomb on a motorcycle. They could have easily caught these folks in the act.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
How does killing one professor stop a nuclear programme?

Fact is that it doesn't, so why believe the regime accusations?

1 Physicist at the university does not represent the whole nuclear programme. It would be a pretty lame attempt at damaging it.

Nearly 100 professors at Tehran University have criticised the regime's actions towards student protestors. The reason for his death is likely found there.

And there's the MEK opposition who oppose the regime.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It couldn't possibly be that some faction within Iran doesn't want the current government to have nukes, therefore it has to be the US or Israel. I don't see them killing one scientist. If one of Iran's research facilities becomes a smoking crater, then you might be right in blaming the US or Israel. This crap is getting so bad that every time somebody in Iran stubs their toe it is blamed on the CIA or Mossad.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
i blame the cia or mossad. give them time, its only 1 dead now, lets see what else time brings...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
i blame the cia or mossad. give them time, its only 1 dead now, lets see what else time brings...

There's likely to be more than 1 professor that has pissed off the regime, or scientists that the MEK might target.

If there's a smouldering crater in Qom shortly afterwards, then that makes CIA more likely.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

This reminds me of the CIA agent who planted bombs on bicycles in the Graham Greene novel "The Quiet American".

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
How does killing one professor stop a nuclear programme?

Fact is that it doesn't, so why believe the regime accusations?

1 Physicist at the university does not represent the whole nuclear programme. It would be a pretty lame attempt at damaging it.

Nearly 100 professors at Tehran University have criticised the regime's actions towards student protestors. The reason for his death is likely found there.

And there's the MEK opposition who oppose the regime.

It might not have been intended to indefinitely stop the program, but as a message to the other scientists that they are now targets as well. Having to constantly look over your shoulder has a negative effect on your day to day life, leaves room for "errors" and "accidents" to happen.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This song says it all... my opinion is ...

GOOD!!!!

You can end progress towards the program with a delay... however you are right in that they should have taken out all those involved with Irans program.... down to the janitor....

heres why....

and

so yeah ...

On a side note as it has been said ... chicago style politics....

pow... bang... i win....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Im not sure it has to be America or Israil ect, If there is anybody in Iran who knows the truth its going to have been this guy. So with countrys threatin this and that the first person who may blow the truth upon your country is this guy.

So if i was iran's leader, And you was my scientist im pretty sure over this subject and scale of the matter im going to have you taken out in a way that i KNOW you will die before any kind of interaction with emergency services or public people ect, straight from your house in your car.... I can then sit back knowing your dead i pass the blame onto secret services of America or Israil and approach a more friendly country for help with "evidence"

Failing that IF it was American i'd have wanted to speak to him first to be honest, so i'd have a few secret service members to approach him in the night play it cool get what i want from him ect tell him to forget what happened, tell him he's been watched and is guilty or that they want him dead and we will help him, Give him some bull# story with "evidence" so his mind is all over the shop, His car is rigged Next day BOOM game over.

Israil must have had knowledge on this bloke? but america wouldnt let them kill him off in this kind of way which would spark a huge backlash tbh without getting what they want first.

Evidence from this event suggests to me some sort of war big or small is immenent even if Iran are guilty or framed.

edit on 11-1-2012 by intuitive because: .

edit on 11-1-2012 by intuitive because: .

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

Oh oh!!! Can I smell the beginning of CIA/MOSSAD joint covert operations in Iran? People are starting to get rubbed out here and this is getting more and more serious!

Do you think that this is an internal affair with a disgruntled dissident? or Could it be something more like an externally ordered assassination?

Peace,

Magnum

www.cbc.ca

what if it is just a false flag? the Iranians off one of their own and they cry " The Zionists and the West did it"
edit on 11-1-2012 by jed001 because: typo

new topics

top topics

join