It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

I concur my friend, seems to me that alot of people have experienced more of the world through movies then through their own eyes, avatar looks great and is imersive of a paradise but try looking at a waterfall or the lake district in england for instance, they are amazing to look at, and its not just nature thats amazing about our own world but also humanity, I love a cityscape (I live in Perth in Australia so its kind of cool going to Kings Park and looking at the city from above.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I know what some in the article are feeling. After I watched the movie the first time I stepped out of the theatre onto a cold-grey-dirty parking lot and my first thought was "This place sucks". Earth has many wonderous places but its very easy to see the havoc Humans are wrecking in their unchecked advancement across the Earth.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There are so many aspects of this movie that can blow any mind away. I mean while there are a million questions (How can you uplink your mind to something, that obviously has a brain, yet that thing have no mind/soul of their own.)

I mean I give the movie a 8 out of 10... But honestly, I am thinking there is so much mother earth/gaia/etc going on, with huge empathy on how destroying just one bunch of trees could result in souls/memories or etc being lost causes people to think about their own being.

Sure would be lovely to of course live in weird, wonderful world where everything is there for you, you can put your "hair" into another creature and mind link with it and all this blah blah.

The factor is the people that feel suicidal obviously see this movie and wish they were that guy, who even though cant use his legs... Can become 100% complete upon 'linking' to some creature that was grown in a lab.

But the huge fact remains none of it is true, which can be depressing for people who found the movie to have aspects to it which our planet has either lost, forgotten or never existed in the first place. Alot of us lead quite dull and boring lives.... People like Indiana Jones and the like imho never exist at all.

Ok might of not gotten my point across in all this, but when you see what could be, and maybe 'should' be, and then compare it to whats reality.. It can be very depressing to some people.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
i can attest to feeling depressed after the movie, maybe even a bit suicidal

Yeah £7.50 for a Nachos and (cold lumpy) cheese and a Medium (watery) Coke can do that to a man

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
after watching this film in the imax in 3d , i felt saddened even further at the lengths the human race will eventually go to !

we wont ever stop destroying ourselves or our environment for the sake of profit !

I really hope we do learn from our mistakes or we are doomed to the dustbin of history !

I say good riddance for we are bunch of evil creatures

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
lol! epic fail. i was thinking about that.
its very escapist aint it?
people who are bored or feel like they want an escape are gonna feel a bit crap after watching a movie like that.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Our society is totally screwed. Escapism is like a virus in this modern world we live in.
It's a very serious problem.

[edit on 12/1/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It was a great movie, but do I feel suicidal? depressed? No, it's just a movie . . well actually it's a sci fi version of Dances with Wolves but still a great movie. I really don't understand how people can get so wrapped up into something and not be able to separate fantisy and reality.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
this is why people need happy movies ^__^
my happy movie is walle!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have felt this way about other movies
but not this one

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

I guess thats not how she works. Though I have seen signs that Squirls try and make us veer off the road with intention.

www.youtube.com...

LOL enjoy!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Well, I think the message is what they are understanding.

You know how they say animals "know" when something is coming I.E. stories of dogs and birds going crazy before earthqake, animals running to the top of hill before tsunami? I think we have that same instinct and are experiancing it now with all the movies about disasters and the way we all seem to be "aware" of the shift ahead.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Don't rent, in fact get up and go see in a theatre now! It won't be possible to have the same experience on your TV. I went to the Imax here and was blown away at the new 3D technology. A massive screen with everything popping out in front of you is something you need to see for yourself. I'll be going back for a second time real soon.

Back on topic, I did have a friend who said she wished she was one of the "Navi" when the film was over. I shook my head when I heard that but I guess many are feeling very attached to this movie. I live in Oklahoma and have Cherokee ancestors and also see the many similarities to the Native Americans in this film. While many may wish for this type of world again, for that to happen society has to collapse forcing everyone to live off the land and fend for themselves again. While I would enjoy hunting for my food everyday, I would sure miss modern medicine.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
You know, our own planet is pretty beautiful if you go outside.

Just sayin'.

Yes, but avatar has a theme, and its a very good one. It certainly isn't pro abuse, usary, eploitation and nwo.

I've been told that since Vrill, and the German Scientists who were incorporated into NASA, a situation similar to this is already occurring. Our shadow militia battle ships surrounding a peaceful low tech planet, because tptb have advanced tehcnology, are playing the evil corporate darth vader roll in the 3d hollogram, and there is no net to keep them confined to earth like has been reported and which I had hoped was true.

I've only watched the trailor, have to wait with my big family until we can get it in dvd or purchase it as a download. But this movie shows US the kind of solidarity we need on earth to defeat nwo, but it also may be depicting something a little real as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ok, I heard about this and just pisses me off ROYALLY !!! I mean check out Will Smith killing the Aliens in INDEPENDENCE DAY. How racist was that. And, he had a white friend. I mean only time I have ever seen black and whites together is when they are "SMOKING BUDDIES". And by that I am not meaning TOBACCO.

I am sick and tired of RACIST BLACKS getting away with what a white man would have never dreamed of in the first place. Let some black give me and my family a place to live and food on my table. Regardless if it is rice or whatever CROP I AM HARVESTING FOR THEM. Not me, But MANY WOULD BE EXTREMELY happy to have such things. Call me an Entrepreneur or whatever the heck it is you want to call me. But I would liek to get more out of life than just doing the day to day get by stuff. Although I see people working in COnveniant stores all the time because that is what they want. Hell, I have even talked to people here in HOUSTON, living under bridges and they don't do it cause they are forced to. They do it because that is what they CHOOSE to do.
Anyways, White, Blue, Yellow, Black, Brown, whatever color your eyes are ... or skin is or lips are .. or how much hair you have on your body. Doesn't mean SQUAT !!! Come on people !!! GROW THE "F" UP. We are not in the CIVIL WAR ANYMORE. Well atleast not again yet. Hopefully it will come sooner than later.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Avatar was great for showing of motion capture image mapping and 3-D IMAX... other than that... it was a rotten movie.

Other than the visuals, which were impressive, it's a run of the mill action flick. Not worth getting depressed about, unless you played the video game which is dreadful.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Awesome post, as usual.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/13/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is typical longing (feeling)...

Some works produce exactly the same feeling, like Mark Twain's The Prince and the Pauper. The feeling is so nice compared to every day's experience, one simply wants to get immersed in it completely.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
this is getting ridiculous, for everyone that wants to live like the people in the movie do, pay close attention when the general talks about population numbers, then after you realize how drastically we would have to reduce the earths population to live with nature like they do, make sure youre the one that goes out and kills your neighbors and their kids and their families and so on and so forth so we can reduce the number one source of polution on the planet (people)

you all are looking to the wrong place for answers, and youre all being brainwashed by these goons that want to reduce the population to more manageable levels.

ask your self this, if the problem is air polution why hasnt someone come up with giant air purifiers shaped like sky scrappers, if the problem is that big floating garbage sea that travels the pacific why dont we send out a fleet of boats to clean it up, if the problem is feeding so many people why isnt vertical farming being introduced, we dont need to go to some other world, we dont need to look to movies for answers, we dont need to kill 90% of the population to live in harmony with the planet, what we need is to manage the world better, learn to stop fighting each other and tolerate each other.

this movie does nothing to help our planet, no profit from it will go to feed any poor, it wont stop any war, if anything it will just bring about more pollution. so stop treating this movie like its the second coming of christ.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sgrrsh26
reply to post by Loki Lyesmyth

Why doesn't mother earth just have all the animals attack power lines and the such, why do we all have to drown?

Why can't earth be more like pandora!

Please dont even suggest this. Humans have already made extinct many species...and if such a thing happens many more species will end. Animals have no choice in front of man made weaponry.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join