It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope slams gay marriage as 'attack' on creation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i think the pope is a big &&&& in my opinion i myself am bisexual. i wish he would stop criticizing others and deal with real problems, how many vicars popes are child molesters hmmmm.................

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by starshiner

I wonder how many bi sexuals are child molestors? Hmmmm? Maybe you should not criticize him and worry about other things.

See it works that way for everyone, but that isn't the issue here.

Please read the article. The Pope did not criticize anyone let alone homosexuals. Bringing up peodophelia is Red herring and does nothing for your cause here. From reading your post I can infer that the Pope gave child molesters a high five and a bottle of Irish Whiskey.

Saying that same sex marriage is an attack on creation is in no way a personal attack on anyone, or any group. It is a statement based on the fact that a couple of the same sex cannot reproduce. Please don't take what he said personally as an attack on homosexuals.

You really seem like you would beat the crap out of him. You have an underlying bias and spite toward him and it shows, but don't let that alter what he actually said. I hope the world becomes a different place too, but saying things like that isn't going to help.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

dont put words in my mouth i wouldnt batter anyone, unless attacked.
last year he said gays are dirty and spread disease.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

another slur
www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I really was not aware that he accused homosexuals of being disease spreaders. That of course is insulting and I can understand your less than pleased attitude towrd him now.

The article you posted is basically the same message as this thread only a bit extreme. To say that he has to "save humanity" is kind of funny. As if homosexuals are vastly outnumbering heterosexuals and that we are almost on the brink of extinction. I don't even think he can honestly believe that.

Do you happen to have a link to the article where he said that homosexuals are spreading disease and are dirty? That is really shocking to me to hear that even the pope would say that in this day and age.

oh btw. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I said you seem like you would beat on him. I didn't say that you threatened him. I mean that your tone sounded violent. With the cursing an all. No biggee.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
unfortunately i dont try googling it, i heard it on the radio snippet about a year ago, my partners stepp dad was fuming! the pope doesnt understand that even some women turn to other women because they have been treated badly by the wrong men theres lots of reasons, he just hasnt clicked to this yet

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

That's pretty wild. I have to be honest. I am in the dark about the Pope. I rarely tune in to what he's up to or saying because I have lost so much respect for the Church's inability to adapt to change. I mean, the fundamental message of love your neighbor, don't lie, murder, steal are always positive messages but do we really still need all the old doctrines concerning abortion and such? I have faith but the church has almost lost me for good. I will Google it and try to stay current on what he says about the gay community. It really is shocking to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkinorange
reply to post by whaaa

Okay time out, for a return to what the pope said. Whatever one wants to say about the Catholic Church, the last two popes have been consistent in the message of the value of "life".
In sum, life, every life, has great value.
Why? Because man is created in God's image and therefore has intrinsic value.
This is their message.
Now I realize saying this isn't going to settle anything on ATS, but I want to point out the consistency of the Pope's message. He is being consistent when he says that gay marriage is contrary to this view.
More importantly, because of the last two popes focus on the sancity of life, you will never find any quote from them bashing gays. It is the homosexual act that is being condemned (yes, I understand the contradiction with pedophilia scandals.)
Gays are are as precious and intrinsicly valuable as any other human beings.
Just want to clarify what I believe is being missed by some posters.

So new life being born is more important than existing life being happy? That hardly makes any sense, unless the goal is to populate an under-populated world. Having two classes of human-beings, those who CAN live as is natural for them, and those who CANNOT live as is natural for them, hardly seems like a message that supports "life." Saying one supports life is far different than saying one supports "child bearing." If one is really interested in supporting ALL life, then one would support a structure where plenty of babies can be born and all those who are born can live happy lives that are consistent with who they are in their souls... as long as they don't prevent others from doing the same.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

Yeah I don't quite understand what the Pope is trying to get at. Is he proposing that homosexuality itself is wrong or just against the marriage ceremony. From either perspective he is advocating the continuation of the human race, which homosexuality "attacks".

So if homosexuals arent marrying, are we to think that they stop being homosexual? He isn't being clear at all. Does he think that homosexuality is somehow like an illness or an imoral choice? I don't get that part. If homosexuals dont get married, whether through choice, or church doctrine, what effect does this have on creation? Gay ppl are going to continue to have sex with the same sex. Hmmm. Perhaps this is why he always proposes abstinance rather than the use of condoms. In this way he can avoid the issue, while somehow ridding the world of homosexuality. man o man the church really is insane. None of it makes any sense.

If homosexuality is wrong to the church, what are gay people supposed to do? Rather, what does the church expect of them is a better way to word it. Last time I checked there was no such thing as Betty Ford clinic for the same sex addict. I never thought about this but it's retarted. I mean, if you're gay you're gay. You can't take a pill or stop being gay lol. What does the church want from gays?

[edit on 11-1-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
maybe he needs to be replaced with a gay pope, to even things out. oh thats isn't going to happen is it its WRONG!! whatever is said done or will happen will be wrong, if i am right doesn't everyone have a gay thought at some time in their life?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Well I can only speak for myslef, but I have never looked at a man and thought to myself "he's hot". I'm so attracted to the female form that frankly I don't understand homosexuality. To me it's the same thing as what you alluded to before in pedophelia. To me it's just the other end of the spectrum and never thought about, let alone considered. Kinda like how I don't like brussel sprouts and I dont need to eat them to know. You just know lol. Everyone is different. I don't think it's ever safe to assume that everyone either does or doesn't do something.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
ok wow, but i do have male friends that have admitted other men to be good looking etc and not have a hint of questioning their sexuality

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Thats not a gay thought though. A dog or a car can be recognized as good looking without any sexual conotation. A man can look and see that another man is good looking the same way he can see someone as ugly but thats not the same unless he gets aroused or wants to get with the man.

Homosexuality to me is more than recognition of beauty, but it is sexual in nature where a man wants a man sexually or a woman sexually wants a woman.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
i get you. try this one lol, a straight friend of my partner (years ago when straight as hell) walks up to her and snogs her face off and says ive always wanted to kiss you, that baffled her like hell even tho this girl is straight lol

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I know god never wrote the bible and so do you, so tell me why oh why do so many millions of people live their lives by it, i personally don't believe a word of it, and i am aware man wrote it, which is even more the reason i don't get it. But people will insist it is the perfect word of god, and that they must follow it to a tee, but people rarely do, as i said they take the bits they want and leave the bits they don't.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by starshiner
reply to post by spinalremain

dont put words in my mouth i wouldnt batter anyone, unless attacked.
last year he said gays are dirty and spread disease.

He is right, although limited in scope of reality.

All humans are "dirty and spread disease."

Too bad most people cannot read between the lines...Sigh...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Spinalremain:

You stated

" Exactly right. Marriage is a religeous sacrament. It is not merely about being together. The whole ceremony is religeous in nature. For without the religeous overtone, there's no reason to get married LOL. Thank you for posting that. I don't think people are realizing this."

i must have misunderstood your words. As I know that many people choose to get married simply for the legal benefits it entails, without ever thinking religion had anything to do with it. Or are those who do not believe in God not married when they get that shiny marriage certificate?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Now, y'see...this just adds fuel to my already burning hatred of catholocism and christianity. I mean, don't get me wrong, I believe all marriage is wrong, but regardless of sexual orientation, everyone should have the right to lose half their stuff.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Because there out dated to you does not make them outdated forevery one. I for one am Not a catholic but, I think gays are vile disgusting creatures. BUT, since my god teaches me that it is not my place to decide another mans fate, but his and his alone, I leave that to him.... And if I am wrong oh well nothing happens... If I am right well lets say that Some of you wont be around for me to say I told you so=)

Sometimes I wish Jeebuz was real so I could watch him pimp slap his followers who claim to live by his example but through their words and actions do nothing of the sort.

Jeebuz frequently referred to people as vile and disgusting... right?
And don't come back with any love the sinner hate the sin crap.
It'll be a flat out lie.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

Not at all. I am saying that marriage has been as always will be based on religeon. Thats the way it is. Before oraganised religeon there were no wedding ceremonies.

Dont shoot the messanger. I am not taking an anti gay position. I am taking the position that the Pope's job is to protect the sanctity of marriage. What would you expect him to do?

PS, ppl who get married for legal reasons shouldnt be married. Marriage is for two people who love one another and want to share their lives. If people are getting married to alter the system or for a tax break then they are abusing the ceremony. Marriage is like driving. Its not a priveledge. There are rules to the game.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by spinalremain]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join