It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain aide: Palin thought candidacy was ‘God’s plan’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

Sarah Palin believed that Sen. John McCain chose her to be his running mate in the 2008 presidential race because of "God's plan," according to a top political strategist in the Arizona Republican's campaign.

In an interview with the CBS news magazine "60 Minutes," Steve Schmidt described Palin as "very calm -- nonplussed" after McCain met with her at his Arizona ranch just before putting her on the Republican ticket. McCain had planned to name Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman (I-Conn.) as his choice until word leaked, sparking what Schmidt called political blowback over selecting the 2000 Democratic vice presidential nominee.

Schmidt, McCain's chief campaign adviser, said he asked Palin about her serenity in the face of becoming "one of the most famous people in the world." He quoted her as saying, "It's God's plan." Palin has not ruled out a run for the presidency.

So my question to the Conservative members of ATS is....
Do you think that Sarah Palin is sent by GOD to lead the United States?

I think that perhaps Bush thought his presidency was divinely inspired and that worked out well.

I love American politics but frankly this scares me a little. Actually more than a little.

I also find this somewhat disturbing....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Will this revelation help or hurt her future political careear?
I predict it will put her in the classification of the Rightwing religious wackos and tank her plans.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Religious people - especially Christians believe everything they do is God's plan. They live their lives around it day by day, asking for guidance and direction.

Everything they do is a direct action of God and is his will. Like when people die for no reason, or from hate crimes, or cancer. We ask why, and the truly religious people say it was God's doing - or his plan.

Don't read anything into it, you're going to start to sound like a Birther.

Edit: Grammar

[edit on 11-1-2010 by gravitybender]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Another Palin bashing thread, great.

I will bite, Palin seems to feel the "God" in her viewpoint has a plan for all of mankind. That is her opinion, I have mine.

We were given will for self determination by "God".

Anyone thinking that "God" pre-determines every aspect of our lives is kind of scary.

I will give you that whaaa. With that viewpoint, MAYBE anything can be sidestepped as not being responsible for ones own actions; hence-not my fault, it was PRE-DETERMINED to happen.

As for helping her or hurting her.

Anyone running for any office should look at history. All one has to do is be totally hidden from view before beginning the campaign. Then they can win by just pointing at the incumbent and the corruption there. If the incumbent is not running, just associate the incumbent with your competitor.

Sound Familiar?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

My concern that coincides with my distrust of all authority figures is that
the excuse "it's Gods will" can be used to hide all sorts of despicable inhumanity. It's happened plenty of times in the past. And when you combine wackjob with Gods will; you have a potential for some serious, bloody ethnic cleanising. Need I mention the fairly recent Yugosolavia?

balkansnet.org...

www.munfw.org...

My question still remains....who here thinks that ex Gov. Palin is GODS emisary; sent to do his bidding??? Apparently Sarah does.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well if it was Gods will for Palin to be McCains VP candidate, God must clearly have wanted Obama to win the presidency.

God - 1 GOP - 0

Mysterious ways indeed

[edit on 11-1-2010 by MrVertigo]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

No, more like the Devil.
She is an idiot and needs to go away. And she's a quitter. And she's just trying to sell books now. She is hot in a librarian type of way, but that's the only redeeming quality I see.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Yeah, I even sense a type of religious fervor surrounding Ms. Palin by her supporters.

religionblog.dallasnews.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sarah must accept that God wished Obama to lead and Biden to be second up over McCain and herself if indeed she believes God likes to play politics.

My personal view, God is about as interested in american politics as much as a squid is interested in football.

but then again, my formula about Gods concern in general for all of humanity equals squid/football. Such a being might take the mildest of interest once we start populating other star systems...until then, we are just some monkeys banging on odd shaped rocks wearing plants and animal skins and building bigger caves to live in.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Sarah must accept that God wished Obama to lead and Biden to be second up over McCain and herself if indeed she believes God likes to play politics.

I have a feeling that exGov. Palin would put the blame squarely on SATAN for her loss.

That's the part about zealots that scares me. There is always a convenient place to place the blame and never take personal responsibility.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
McCain's campaign was nothing until Palin showed up on the scene. Palin overshadowed McCain, and McCain aides got jealous, because her ideas and campaign plan were better than theirs.

Now Palin is a superstar politically, and McCain is a has been.

Sour grapes is all it is. How would you like to be a political strategist for a failed campaign? This guy is trying to shift blame for his failure, and what better target than Sarah Palin?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4Sour grapes is all it is. How would you like to be a political strategist for a failed campaign? This guy is trying to shift blame for his failure, and what better target than Sarah Palin?

yep....old number seven.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

But isn't ole number 5 the premise of your thread?

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
reply to post by whaaa

But isn't ole number 5 the premise of your thread?

Nope! Read the OP again. I asked a question and you didn't answer it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule. This is also known as the primary attack the messenger ploy, though other methods qualify as variants of that approach. Associate opponents with unpopular titles such as "kooks", "right-wing", "liberal", "left-wing", "terrorists", "conspiracy buffs", "radicals", "militia", "racists", "religious fanatics", "sexual deviates", and so forth. This makes others shrink from support out of fear of gaining the same label, and you avoid dealing with issues.

This topic is specifically made to ridicule Palin and religion.

Your "lol" comment, and mention of "Rightwing religious wackos" in your first post gave me that impression.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa[/

rawstory.com...

Schmidt, McCain's chief campaign adviser, said he asked Palin about her serenity in the face of becoming "one of the most famous people in the world." He quoted her as saying, "It's God's plan." Palin has not ruled out a run for the presidency.

Hi Whaaa,

Great questions. S & F

I don't think it will hurt her or help her. It's par for her course.

Why should anything she says make any sense? She's spouted a litany of delusional ramblings every time I have seen her or read what she says.

Just good old Sarah talk. I hope Sarah runs in 2012, should be a massacre.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Your "lol" comment, and mention of "Rightwing religious wackos" in your first post gave me that impression.

LoL.....and what gave me the impression that they were "Rightwing religious wackos"?

www.youtube.com...

Witchcraft.........lol

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

This topic is specifically made to ridicule Palin and religion.

Why would anyone need to ridicule the ridiculous that ridicule themselves, like Sarah Palin and Religion.

The topic is dead on.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Holy Schnikees! Coming up next Vid PartII - Sarah speaks in tongues and gets slain in the spirit.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Holy Schnikees! Coming up next Vid PartII - Sarah speaks in tongues and gets slain in the spirit.

Nope; She gets a job working for Fox News.

She is a truly talented lady. What will she do next??

-m0r

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
edit-Sorry double post-see beautiful reply on next page!

[edit on 1/11/2010 by endisnighe]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join