It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why DIGG? why no reddit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
there are lots of articles that can be found on the web comparing the pros and cons as well as documenting the apparent animosity between these two social news aggregates, so i will not go into that here. what i just want to know is how did the ats leadership come to the decision of choosing digg over reddit and why did they end up choosing one and not the other. i'd be glad and grateful for some enlightenment on this issue. thanks much.

p.s. personally i prefer reddit. bacon anyone?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Because reddit is a joke.

Anything with a conspiratorial angle would be ripped to shreads or ignored by most of the reddit users.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Actually reddit has a fairly healthy Conspiracy group /r/conspiracy
They just tend to be more proof oriented and attack conjecture. Reddit is more about the intellectual and academic side of things than Digg as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
so we have two reactions, each on the opposite side of the spectrum. frankly, i was expecting more but i guess the membership of ats doesn't really care much about this issue as we're not having more reactions/posts in this thread. can mods kindly close this please?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think digg users wont just dig they also read-it while reddit users just read-it they don't dig digg..Am I making sense here? No. Is this thread closed? Well, I agree with you, it should be.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
or some users don't use digg, don't know anything about it and have very little idea how to use it

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

I too believe that reddit takes a more academic approach to things. That's one of my favorite sites and I never use digg. I'd like to see the sites work together.

Toreishi- bacon please, and narwhals.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
bacon + narwhals

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
because digg is so much better. and in my opinion way better designed.

new topics

top topics

join