It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Root of the Problem with Some Religions is...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The root of the problem with some religions (in my opinion) is that people believe in an invisible form/power which can't be proven or disproved.

Proof and Faith don't make good bedfellows....

The REAL problem with some religions is when those of one faith claim that they are right, and everyone else is wrong.

This leads to the "everyone else's" being seen as "unworthy" of the same treatment as those of one's faith, and this leads to the ideas of religious persecution, even war or genocide....

That is the REAL problem with many religions...what 'God' would care for only a fraction of the world's population?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasttheclouds

I think most people ideas about god is formed based on their
hate for history and misunderstandings of what relgions really teach.

Religion and logic are the same thing.

Logic is made by seeing what is not true,
and keeping what is true as a result.
this is called repenting.

Logic does confirm an absolute,
and it makes god true.

But on a different way then the misinterpretation of scriptures
that described logic before it was fully understandable.

Before the abstract there is the literal.

I don't agree religion and logic are the same thing. Logic is a systematic approach to problem solving, with a group of those with no investment in the outcome come to a conclusion does this make sense or not? The major problem with religoun is you can't systematicly and objectively prove anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The REAL problem with some religions is when those of one faith claim that they are right, and everyone else is wrong.

This leads to the "everyone else's" being seen as "unworthy" of the same treatment as those of one's faith, and this leads to the ideas of religious persecution, even war or genocide....

That is the REAL problem with many religions...what 'God' would care for only a fraction of the world's population?

What you mentioned is true, but that's the direct result of believing in a force you can't see, feel, touch, etc. which leaves almost infinite room for the imagination and interpretation. Hence the persecution.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Over history, so many religions have said "don't confuse me with the facts" Religion has been a man hiding in a cave while a thunderstorm raged out side. Religion has long been used to scare and not comfort others. Those who would use fear to increase their flock (and of course cash contributions) are a parisite on our society. Want to help others? Do so with out fanfare. Help people then shut up about it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The root of the problem with some religions (in my opinion) is that people believe in an invisible form/power which can't be proven or disproved.

Proof and Faith don't make good bedfellows....

An Elephant was enjoying a leisurely dip in a jungle pool when a rat
insisted that the elephant get out.

"I won't." said the elephant.

"I insist you get out this minute," said the rat.

"Why?"

"I shall tell you that only after you are out of the pool."

"Then I won't get out."

But he finally lumbered out of the pool, stood in front of the rat,
and said, "Now then, why did you want me to get out of the pool?"

"To check if you were wearing my swimming trunks," said the rat.

An elephant will sooner fit into the trunks of a rat than
God will fit into our notions of him.

(One Minute Wisdom)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join