It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Attacks Have Increased Substantially Since 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The world is becoming more dangerous since 9/11.

The number of terrorist attacks has risen dramatically worldwide since the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

The National Intelligence estimate the Iraq War has been a major factor in this startling rise in global terrorist attacks.

A study conducted by Peter Bergen and Paul Cruickshank, research fellows at the Center on Law and Security at the NYU School of Law, found that there was a 607 percent rise in the average yearly incidence of attacks (28.3 attacks per year before and 199.8 after) since the Iraq invasion.
m.motherjones.com...

A large part of this rise occurred in Iraq, which accounts for fully half of the global total of terrorist attacks in the post-Iraq War period. 

But even excluding Iraq, the average yearly number of terrorist attacks and resulting fatalities still rose sharply around the world by 265 percent and 58 percent respectively.

I haven't posted here in a while so I hope I haven't offended anybody.

I just want to get to the bottom of this mess. What the hell is America doing in Iraq? 

As of yet I don't see any good coming from this Iraq War. Just more coffins and body bags. That's just my 2 cents, Id like to know why you think America is in Iraq also.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The largest oil reserves in Iraq went to predominantly western corporations. A proxy government in Iraq makes it much easier to start a proxy war with another country.
As far as any benefits for the common man......I'm still trying to find any of those.
It makes absolutely no sense that the most powerful country in the world is frightened to such an extent as to allow a perpetual war from which terrorist cells offshoot. I think the American people have already spoken on this, having realized it, yet no one, yet, has listened.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Winner makes up the Rules.

If a group of Nato troops kill 10 Iraqies , its called an Engagement.

If a group of Iraq freedom fighters kill 10 Nato troops, its called a

Terrorist Attack.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Don't forget, it's also called a terrorist attack when these "freedom fighters" blow up their own countrymen.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
No they bloody well haven't.

This is total BS, how much are the CIA/MOSSAD/MI6 giving you to write crap like this in order to distract people from making changes to destroy the establishment?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
thats true

just imagine how many people die in afeg and iraq .... so, really, each person you kill, their children or their loved ones will become mass murderers, so, if the US keep these wars, they will have their anger growing too, so, thats never going to end and the world will become more and more dangerous each day that passes

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
We in the UK are constantly told that the reasons we are in Iraq and A'stan is to prevent terror on our streets.
They said this after the shoe bomber.
They still kept on saying this after July 7th 2007.
And after the Glasgow airport bomb attempt.
We have been on high alert for years.

So...Its working out well isn't it?

Imagine,you are an uneducated peasant farmer from the hills of A'stan-you hear the dark howl of the A-10 minigun,and the crump of Jdam after Jdam.

Due to the fact that you are uneducated,you do not know why these metal monsters are seeking to obliterate your fellow countrymen.

But you do know its wrong,and you want to do something about it to help save your country from the dragons of hellfire.

Congratulations! You are now a terrorist/insurgent.
Simple isn't it?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The study is about the terrorist attacks perpetrated by Sunni extremist groups.
You should edit the thread title for clarity, OP.

top topics

join