It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More questions of the OS - Operational Suitability

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
Why do you say it was "too much evidence?" The attack is unprecedented so the "just right" amount of evidence has not been established.

Why would the hijackers who spent so much time planning the hijackings forget and leave so much evidence behind?

The hijackers probably wanted to be known and likely had no idea if they would be identified or not, so why not leave all the evidence they felt they needed to ensure fame?

Seems like the hijackers did not want to be known since they used fake and phoney IDs to get into the country accordng to several sources including the 9/11 commission report.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by REMISNE]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
IF we could get a crowd together....and funding....

Would love to do a sim on one very important condition. The sim must be se up form the data from the FDR of AA77.

I have seen other sim videos but they do not match the actual flight path of AA77.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by REMISNE]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by REMISNE

I don't think they "forgot" and left evidence behind. They either didn't care or wanted the world to know who did it. As far as the fake papers, getting into the country and showing the world who did it are two separate events.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by REMISNE

Meh!!!

This one is as close to actual as could be:

If you ignore the inane text comments added in by the YouTube poster ("JohnDoeXLC") who, it turns out, is very probably Rob Balsamo, from "Pilotsfor9/11Truth" (or one of his cronies from the "Loose Change" group) and focus on the instruments, and what they show, then you get a very good understanding of the final moments of Flight 77.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wish to add in here....the video depicted here does NOT, I repeat, does NOT show any instrumentation simulation that is the same as would be seen on an actual B-757!!!

Maybe this confuses people who aren't pilots?

For the purposes of this video whoever made it deemed it sufficient to provide images of very basic airspeed indicator, altimeter, etc. IF you wish to know more about what the actual B-757 instrument panel looks like, youcan research it. (Hint: Not all Microsoft programs get it right!!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In my search for related videos that have been uploaded and posted to YouTube (for instance) it suddenly dawned on my WHY some people believe a commercial airliner can use the autopilot to takeoff...it's because Microsoft Flight Simulator software allows it!!!!

I've never purchased, nor have I used Microsoft FS (as it's called in shorthand). The only simulators I've flown are the real deal....OK, and I admit, I did buy another desktop simulator program back in late 1998, but it was NOT Microsoft, it was an aerobatic simulator, I forget the company now...was fun, but I grew bored quickly, because...well, it's not the real thing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

adding, just to clarify...

Here is an image of the EADI from the B-757/767 (and the Boeing 737-300/400/500 too, depending on when it was built and who the purchaser was). (Keep in mind, please, that in the Boeing 767-400/747-400/777-200, etc, the cockpit displays are different. What you will see on those latest Boeing designs is the six-screen MFD concept....'MFD' for "Multi-Function Display", getting to the true 'glass cockpit' concept. This was common in many Business Jets designs well before it reached commercial passenger airliners, but that's a fact of business decicions, cost issues, and FAA regulatory issues, I won't go into here...).

(IN that particular image, the EADI is in the "ILS" mode, so the portions of the display that would normally show the airspeed, on the left show instead the deviation FROM the selected airspeed, as set in the MCP.

Run your mouse's cursor over the image and it will change to classic view, but again, it shows the ILS localizer and glideslope scales, because the selector on the pedestal (between the pilots, each has their own selcotor) has put the display in "LOC/```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````ILS".

I am sorry this is getting more complicated than it needs to be, but it's important. For understanding.

(I wish to add, that, in the image I linked to....the green icons at the top of the EADI are NOT correct!!! Well, they might be until the airplane actually gets to the point whre the ILS is 'armed', (white on the icons at top) or 'captured' (then green).

There is much, much more I could explain, but it would violate the dictums of this dicscusion.

(Fancy way to say "go off-topic"....)

[edit on 19 January 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
This one is as close to actual as could be:

I have the data CD and flight animation CD from the NTSB from AA77's FDR.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by REMISNE]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join