It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Willem Buiter warns of massive dollar collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Willem Buiter warns of massive dollar collapse

www.telegraph.co.uk

"The past eight years of imperial overstretch, hubris and domestic and international abuse of power on the part of the Bush administration has left the US materially weakened financially, economically, politically and morally," he said. "Even the most hard-nosed, Guantanamo Bay-indifferent potential foreign investor in the US must recognise that its financial system has collapsed."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
And as we can see, the current admin has no plans on changing a damn thing...Same old, same old.

I just wonder what the grand scheme is behind all this?

Surely these people are not all that inept and clueless? I get the sense that this is being deliberately done for some other, larger plan? Devaluation of the dollar through completely reckless and endless spending, debt accumulation, printing up more and more till the hyper-inflation just destroys it all together? Then what? Introduction of a NEW currency? i.e., AMERO?

Crazy times...

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This article is from 5th January 2009...
I didn't notice til I saw it refer to Barack Obama as president elect.

A year on and the economy appears to be still limping...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

Limping? Ha! We still have the cast on my friend. Economy / Financial systems are still broken.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hey DD. Yeah, this reminded me of something I saw yesterday that appears to be a correlation:

Whitney Tilson, Gerald Celente, Jim Rogers, Peter Schiff and Ron Paul all say there is a lot more bad news coming.

How many more bubbles gotta burst before John Q. Public starts noticing these ill-fated red flags?

I think we're in for a serious change in lifestyle, peeps. In fact, I'd say there are plenty of people in this nation who are currently feeling every bit of their own personal Armageddons.

This country is being taken to it's knees deliberately, IMO. There are people in control, and I tend to believe they know exactly what they're doing, rather than being caught off-guard by what seems to be malicious happenstance.

What to do, what to do? Do we wait for critical mass (and perhaps being far too late by then), or do we accept that we appear as fruit-cake nut jobs to most of our friends and acquaintances, yet still try to prepare them for what may be the most futile fight in history?

I find myself constantly dropping search hints and finding the more relaxed videos for people to watch (like this one) simply to get them started.

We're all in this together...more-so our actual neighbors than our ATS counterparts, I'd say. When TSHTF, I want them to have plenty of food and water as well, ya know.

top topics

join