It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What (bottled) water is healthy to drink?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If you're really concerned about the safety of the bottled water you drink, just make very certain that the water does not come from a foreign source. Not a single test is done on bottled water entering the country...

"As with other types of food, FDA periodically collects and analyzes samples of bottled water. Samples come from several different sources. Some samples are collected during inspections if the inspector's observations warrant collection to test for contaminants or if the bottled water facility has a previous history of contamination. Other samples are collected in response to trade or consumer complaints. Finally, samples of foreign bottled water products offered for entry into the United States may be collected and tested to determine if they are in compliance with all applicable U.S. laws and FDA regulations."

I'm aware that the above statement (found at www.hhs.gov...) is written in legalese, so allow me to translate.

"FDA tests the bottled water from several sources every so often. They are tested at inspection (if the inspector thinks it's necessary or it's been contaminated before). If people whine, they test it. In addition, the FDA might test water from a foreign source to see if they're obeying the law."

And just for the record, the regulation on bottled water is more lax than the one on tap water... I've found a couple problems with it. I'll make a post about it as soon as I get to 20 comments.

<< 1  2   >>

join